AMFA set the bar once again or the industry

A big "THANK-YOU!" to all our fellow AMFA Mechanics at SWA who were smarter than the industrial union members in other groups as the NO voters showed up in force. .7% not worth giving up the reg plan as well as other items that would hurt younger and newer members down the road...

AMFA–SWA 401K Me Too Clause Enactment LOA Referendum Results
October 8, 2024 -- The votes for the AMFA – Southwest Airlines (SWA) 401K Me Too Clause Enactment Letter of Agreement (LOA) Referendum were tallied on October 8, 2024.
Read More

What are you talking about swamp? AMFA didn’t give you the vote tallies they only gave you the amount of eligible voters.

More than likely due to extreme embarrassment over the low turnout.

I honestly dont know why you have to vote on a 401K plan that is part of a "me too clause" unless the company decides to give u something else and probably pretty crappy to begin with.

But whatever floats your boat, have fun doing more work and making less per paycheck than a Major legacy Airline mechanic, but what can you expect when you work at a major regional domestic airline like SW, note ur not a major nor a legacy. lol

P.S. dont give us examples of pay and crap of a single individual, give examples of the average, we all know the golden gooses of the industry exist.
What are you talking about swamp? AMFA didn’t give you the vote tallies they only gave you the amount of eligible voters.

More than likely due to extreme embarrassment over the low turnout.

Last edited:
They got a "me too" clause in every legacy carrier, its called whatever Southwest mechanic makes, we'll match it +1 and we'll give you more perks and benefits and scope.

Flying to europe ask the locals, "Hey you ever heard of Southwest Airlines? "

Folks come back with, "Who the hell is Southwest Airlines?"

Do the same for other legacy, everyone knows, brand recognition perks + benefits and codeshare rules over crappy regional domestic benefits.

But yeah enjoy negotiating another 10 years for the next decade for 5$ buddy, unless you gonna give up all your heavy check and other bases. 😂

You think the 737 max production shortage is bad? Labor shortage for skilled techs and combined that with inexperienced management, you got a recipe for bankruptcy. Its jut a matter of time before everyone bails out of that place.

Last edited:
Back