Members Walk The Floors In Tulsa!

pain,

The truth is the last 20% is the hardest to achieve, especially since amfa has been here before. I suspect the card count will fall short. The members are educated and know full well if amfa were to get in, the bottom 35% will be laid off and the rest, the company will do with as they please.

The TWU International and Sonny Hall met this week to discuss the presentation the Line Mechanics put together. Thanks to the Information a committee will be established to reveiw the recommendatons and put forth any suggestions to improve the ATD.

Keep Up the great job all you TWU Brothers and Sisters.

Checking it Out said:
pain,

The truth is the last 20% is the hardest to achieve, especially since amfa has been here before. I suspect the card count will fall short. The members are educated and know full well if amfa were to get in, the bottom 35% will be laid off and the rest, the company will do with as they please.
So what your saying is that the present twu contract has no provision in the contract to stop this from happening right now. As you are fully aware, AMFA will continue on with this turd of a contract till its amendable date or any agreement prior.

Checking it Out said:
pain,

SO tell us CIO, if the labor agreement, which AMFA inherits doesn't prevent this from happening now, what kiss your sister deal does the TWU have going with management to prevent such activity? Are you admitting that there is some company union behind the scenes deals worked out that we cannot read in our contract?

Your fear campaign is wearing thin with the membership.

You best starting advocating solutions instead of fear of AMFA.

Checking it Out said:
The TWU International and Sonny Hall met this week to discuss the presentation the Line Mechanics put together. Thanks to the Information a committee will be established to reveiw the recommendatons and put forth any suggestions to improve the ATD.
So in other words the elected representives and the committee have no power, they are only given the right to be heard. And this only after AMFA collects 50% of the class and craft, the dispatchers file and an AGW drive starts in DFW.

Those old fossils are completly out of touch. Did Kerrigan stay awake for the whole meeting? These types of incompetent, barely coherant relics are ruining the labor movement and destroying the working classes standard of living.

Checking it Out said:
pain,

The company said they wanted $610 million, the TWU gave them $610 million. I would say that the company is already doing as they please. Tell us how our union denied the company from doing as they please? By begging "please dont lay any more people off?"

We would still be stuck with this agreement with AMFA, why would those 35% get laid off if our great TWU scope clause is keeping them here now? Are you saying that the company is carrying an extra 35% because of Jim Littles persuasive negotiations skills? Please!

When I tell other unionists what the company took away from us, they wonder if we have a union at all!

Its really sad when employees at Non-union companies have to take pay and benifit cuts because a TWU represented company lowered the bar below non-union rates.

These are the actions of a "Company Union".

By the way at 8100 they already have enough to legally file, the extra 1900 cards over 6 months would be attainable, especially if the company closes MCI, but that would , as I'm sure you know, put them well above the 60% goal when all the retirements and resignations are put in.

Steve Connell quote
TonyB..will I go to management...you bet...got a problem with that? If so..come see me ... by the way Tony..I don't need to be provoked to go to management...you want the TWU to walk the line..so will you...problemo?

what a suck ass crybaby RAT fink
Ratboy Steve ( I will tell if you try to promote AMFA here where I am )
you are done steve its over dude give it up, I hear the TWU bus drivers are hiring you had better go and put in an application, cause you know everyone out there wants to be a TWU boy, if you hurry you can beat them.

Steve I think you will be gone soon and while I will not like to see the few decent Mechanics at MCI without a job, I will be looking forward to you being unemployeed, I trust you will no longer feel the need to post on the boards once you are unemployeed.

MCI will shut down soon thanks to Mr. Steve Connell who could not stop AMFA or the company, all he could do is cry cry cry

This on is for you Steve

8103 Total Signed Election Authorization Cards by Station and Title Group (From system seniority list dated 02-12-2003):
Updated, Thursday September 25, 2003 at 11:48:58 PM. Our goal is to obtain 60% of the Craft and Class of
Mechanic and Related, and at this time, our estimate of that number, with 'elbow room' is approximately 10,000 cards.
Using that number, at this time, we are about 81.0% to our goal, or approximately 50.0% of our Craft and Class. Good job so far, and let's
REDOUBLE our efforts and GET THIS DONE!

by the way we are at 50% so we only need 10% more to reach 60% not 20% more.
10% over 6 months is very obtainable.

easy Raptor...my point being you will abide by the rules while on your little endeavor of promoting another union....and I'll be done when I say I'm done. It's easy to sit back and call names...and those really hurt me bad...how will I ever face my kids again after all that...you big meanie you....and as far as my employment goes ..no big deal..I will go find another job and life will go on..you are the one crying here...not me. I have faith in my own abilities to seek a job...by the way..I already have 2376 days on furlough..haven't lost a payday yet...

I guess those of you who have never been involved in a furlough are distraught...well get over it...life does go on and I'll still be on this BB to laugh at peeps like Raptor...

Checking it Out said:
CIO, I find your math very interesting. I agree we do need 20% more cards signed to ask the NMB for a vote. It could also be said we need 10% more of the membership to sign cards but, your figure is enlightening and I will try to use your math so you can understand it better.

The 17.5% cash, plus other concessions of vacation time, holidays, sick time, work rules ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect........................., comes to about 30%.

Using your math we need a 60% pay and benefit increase to get back to where we were before our Industry Leading Concessions.

TWU-ILC = Industry Leading Concessions.
AMFA-ILC = Industry Leading Contract.

As you can see the begging letters are different as they are with totally different concepts of contracts.

TWU"S 30% concessions = 60% increase to recover.
AMFA's 0% concessions = 0% increase to recover.

As you can see the numbers are totally different. I hope this helps clear things up for you!!!

Although as employees, we have put the company on corporate welfare, which we can be very proud of, at NW management has had to take the brunt of the situation with payouts and downsizing of management. NW has rapidly changed their business model to become profitable. AA has rapidly changed its Union model to become profitable.

NW has farmed out work against its labor contracts.
AA has in-house farmed out work with approval of its labor contracts.

According to the TWU's Informer, there is a 10 cent pay (pennies) difference between UAL's pay and AA's pay (working at a base) of course this is not including the Vacation time, Holiday pay, Sick Time, Work rules ect ect ect ect ect ect............ that the Informer conveniently left out.

CIO, All of this does not include cost of living increases. My question is this, will it be hard (staying with the TWU's give everything policy) to recover the 60% we need to get back to a place where we can be in the hole from the cost of living increases to catch up to NW and or UAL?

Also would it be better to force the company to change its business model, or is it better to keep the company on its employee funded corporate welfare?

Also is it better to vote for our Union president and other international officers, or is it better for them to be appointed by the elitists?

If it is better to keep the company funded with labor concessions, so the company knows they can get welfare from its employees? If yes, then where is the incentive for the company to change its business model??? If the company knows the threat of bankruptcy will bend the union over in less than an hour (more simply put: If the company gets hard up they can roll over and stick it in, at their pleasure), how many hours will it take to get a check from its employees?

I do realize that last question is an unethical one but, I just can't find better words for it!!! Sorry

We need a stronger BARGINING AGENT.

Rusty my math is just fine, if you want to use the 10% figure thats okay! The math I was using was the goal you wantabes set before an election. It still means the same thing.

Also the math you are using is a little distorted, The fact is 4500+ is on layoff at United and 4500+ missing at NWA. interpretation of what that means is different at Amfa. But the truth is they are unemployed.

The difference is the Members at AA took a choice to keep our language in tact and keep more members employed.

Checking it Out said:
Rusty my math is just fine, if you want to use the 10% figure thats okay! The math I was using was the goal you wantabes set before an election. It still means the same thing.

Also the math you are using is a little distorted, The fact is 4500+ is on layoff at United and 4500+ missing at NWA. interpretation of what that means is different at Amfa. But the truth is they are unemployed.

The difference is the Members at AA took a choice to keep our language in tact and keep more members employed.
The TWU is the smart choice for union representation? Is that why so many M&R groups industry wide are filing for TWU elections? Why just look at all of them:
1) Nobody Airways
2) Will work for food Airlines
3) Free Air Charter
4) AeroFlot

Yes the TWU is dominating the Airline Industry. Their dream is to one day negotiate consessions for ALL airline workers EVERYWHERE!

NEW TWU SLOGAN:

I ain't so baaaaaad...
AAt Least We Still Got Jobs
(can I borrow a dollar?)

Checking it Out said:

[/QUOTE]

CIO

I dont remember any so called choices except take the concessions and like it.

I do remember reading an email sent out from Jim Little were he had a choice to present to the membership a 10% pay cut with no changes in other benefits and the only catch was bag smashers would take a hit on head count. But then look at all the union dues he would lose. Screw that. That would be too much like shared sacrifice. Thats for the membership not the TWU international.

But like everything else you put on this board (spin spin and more spin) you claim we wanted to keep our language intact. Could you be a little more specific on this. Was it the part about ( nothing in this agreement requires the company to maintain the present volume of work) or is there other iron clad language such as this I dont know about. Really CIO where do you come up with this garbage.

Scorpion please post a copy of the email, i do know their was some ficticious mail circulating.

nothing in this agreement requires the company to maintain the present volume of work) What is wrong with this, I believe we have stayed at appox. the same level for many years and still retain full overhaul rights to our work.

Back