When Would Now Be A Good Time To Talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would make Dave and friends think that their third business plan would be any more successful than the previous two? It appears the lies and deception are catching up on them.

ITRADE said:
If there is nothing but obstinance, and the work group leadership is the negotiating team, why would CCY even bother?
Maybe because thats what they're getting paid to do? What a concept. Manage and lead. Take the no people and MAKE them yes people (they've already used this concept with the liquidation threat before) why is it different this time? They're the boss. If they cant get the union leaders to talk and the plan is so great and everyone will agree to more cuts, management should take it to the front line and let them put the pressure on their negotiators to negotiate. To sit in CCY and whine that no one will listen is not doing your job as far as I'm concerned. It shows a complete LACK of leadership and makes them look like a spoiled brat who didnt get to make up their rules so they're taking their game and going home.

usfliboy . iam with you all the way here. i said it once and i will say it again. i am over the whole union bull&hit. all that they are going to do is break this company apart with there selfishness. you don't like what usair is doing. get the hell out. usair doesen't owe you anything!. i got hired by usair not the union. my paycheck sais usair not afa,iam,or alpa. the union has'nt doen jack for us especially afa. its all political bull. i did beleive in the union one time but now to hell with them. they don't want to negotiate well then bust them. that will give them a really good reason to ####. and for all the negative responses i am gonna get for this / you guys an all shove it. i am tired of this crap. this company needs to change . and if you guys don't want to accept that leave! nothing but a bunch of whiners. i get paid 34.68 an hr as a flt attendant. i am home most of the time. . the job that i do is the easiest job in the world. i pay my mortgage and my bills. i have a good life. why cause i invest in my money. we have some people who have been here 30 years and you ask them why can't take a leave. answer . i can't afford it. then what the hell have you been doing with your money all this time. going on layovers and spending it. living paycheck to paycheck . cause you want to. be responsible whith what you have . don't live above your means. happy new year.

700UW says "Shut it down if that is what it will take, no more givebacks!"

What will that accomplish? We'll show them? 28,000 more people out of work? This is my company too. I want to know what the new plan is. I want My Union leaders to go back and talk to management. I want to decide if I think this new plan is livable. They represent me and owe me an explanation. They work for me and all the other union members at this company.

Full pay til the last day and then what? No pay for 10 years? Unemployement until it runs out? If Pitbull thought most of the f/a's were ready to file bankruptcy now based on such low wages, what will they do if there is no paycheck coming.

Come on people, this is our company, let's hear what they have to say and make decisions based on intelligence, not emotion.

Been here too long to shut this or any company down, let's help make it profitable!!

When your cruise ship is sinking...you don't complain that your first class cabin service is not up to par, and that you are not paying more to buy a life boat. Unless you want to go down with the ship and make a moot point, we better take a look at all the options coming from management. Yes, labor has called for the removal of Seigal...and???? I see he is still driving. Does labor have a case that we have given and given already, that the leadership has blown all credibility, that they don't seem to know or care how to run an airline with a motivated labor force??? Of course. So?

Folks, I went through the demise of Eastern airlines. Those employees had a moral fight against Lorenzo...his lies...cheats....law breaking actions....much worse than anything we see here...they stood on moral principals and went out on strike, I was with them. But when it became clear the strike was not going to get the desired results, the debate shifted to...do we stand our ground on principal to the bitter end???? Or do we go back...suck up less pay and benifits....save our jobs and the airline and fight another day? Some went back....but most decided to stand and fight....I was lucky to have been hired by USAir...but the others that stood on their moral principals to the bitter end sure showed Lorenzo that people do have integrity and will fight against tyranny and evil. But the airline died...their jobs were gone....and no one will ever know if Eastern could have been saved, changed over time...made better and stronger. Lorenzo walked away with millions...the employees have some nice airline memorabilia...and little else.

We employees have every right to say no more. I personally have given it all up already. I was overseas last year, hunting those that attacked us and have caused great damage to our nation and airline industry, when I was told I was loosing the job I loved after 15 years of safe flying. I further lost 15 years of retirement....gone. I now will go to MDA to restart a career from step 1 after 18 years in the business. I understand better than most how poorly this leadership has run this place. While I don't have great confidence in their capability, their communication skills, and ability to mend the fence with labor......they are the only leadership we have right now. Do not doubt this airline will be gone...very soon.....if we just stand our ground on principals. My hope is labor will listen to their proposals, make adjustments to help save the airline....and live to see another day. You think losses can't be made up for in time? Of course they can...but you gotta have an airline survive in order to get them.

Sounds like a few here are ready to drop to their knees and submit to their captures.

I am not going out on my knees. Pathetic.

pitguy said:
Sounds like a few here are ready to drop to their knees and submit to their captures.

I am not going out on my knees. Pathetic.
What is truly pathetic is that you cannot accept the fact that there are folks out there who have opinions other than yours and can judge for themselves.

Your characterization otherwise shows what a trite and petty individual you truly are.

Itrade,

Thank you.

--I do know how to update a web site and have compassion for people that are being cheated and victimized.

--I have an opinion too. I if you do not like it please ignore my posts.

Best regards to you in this New Year Itrade.

pitguy said:
What would make Dave and friends think that their third business plan would be any more successful than the previous two? It appears the lies and deception are catching up on them.
It's painfully obvious that this team knows no other way to create a business plan other than take from labor. We now have analysts out there saying if labor worked for twenty five cents an hour we still are doomed because there is no business plan. I guess all that expensive education isn't paying off in this situation. I sure don't have the answer but it’s clear Dave doesn't either. It's also obvious that with the likes of Dave B in the mix and his comments this airline could soon be dissected and fed to the healthy carriers.

USAirBoyA330 said:
usfliboy & tansatlanticflyguy:

Why don't you guys go stand outside CCY and hold out your wallets and have them vacuum it our a few more times? When is enough enough and they just take whatever they want anyway! I once said the same thing you did and even voted FOR the concessions the last time but at some point you just have to say NO! If Siegel agreed to resign I MIGHT listen.
All that being said.....I think the union has a responsibility to at least LISTEN to what they have to say. The unions must do what in the best interest of their members while keeping the company in business. But the concession stand is CLOSED.
sounds liek youre ready to look for a new job. The slogan is nice dude but as shown in the past , people will give to save this company Plain and simple. So enjoy your phrases and the job hunting.

700UW said:
I work in an area that has over 300 US' employees and almost 100% of them say the don't support, they don't trust and they don't want to listen to anymore of Dave's lies!

Shut it down if that is what it will take, no more givebacks!

We gave $1.1 Billion, that bank is closed!
oh its the bank now? Pathetic!!!! The same guys who told you the same thing last go around HEY!!!!!!!!!! Please dude your all talk and so are the "300 " other kids you work with !!!!!!!!! Explain it to their wives and husbands ! NOT PLEASE

I am going to stick it out until the doors close and sadly, I think that time is fast approaching. I see the unions point and agree 100%. These people can't be trusted but we have to keep USAir flying somehow. I would be willing to listen if Siegel and VP's resigned right after the changes are made. Lets start looking for a new CEO now. It's a really tough decision for the unions to say NO but this management has proven that they can't even honor the contract we have already! The whole thing makes me sick but I will NOT open my wallet for these goons unless I am sure they are sincere (which I don't think they are) and the "PLAN" will work to make USAirways viable.

USAirBoyA330 said:
I see the unions point and agree 100%.
I think I want to throw up after reading the above quote! I mean come on! AFA has done nothing except #### and moan for such a long time. There job is to listen to what the company has to say and send it on to US and let US as employees vote on it. Im so thankful that most of the workers out there that I see while flying what to see this company go forward and prosper. I for one want to see US Airways go kick some ass. Do any of you nay-sayers out there realize that what we gave up close to 18 months ago wasnt based upon what WN and Jetblue are going to be doing in just a few months?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back