When Would Now Be A Good Time To Talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is preventing management , not the leaders since we dont appear to have any of those, but management from putting their plan out to the employees on The Hub? No need for Dave to leave his office or for anyone to congregate in riotous groups needing security :p . Come on Dave, once again.

SHOW ME THE PLAN

I have emailed my union leaders and asked them to Demand Dave show them the plan. The response was they have already asked to see the plan, but Dave refused since the other groups wont show up. Not very good leadership IMO when you have someone at least willing to look at it unless he knows its not going to fly (or there isnt a real plan available yet.)

Chipster is correct on this one folks. None of the customery dream-weavin' either.

Think about it -- Bronner is juggling numerous other investments which rely in some part on his maintaining his good credit with the feds.

Do you really think he would stick Uncle Sam with a hit on the USAirways-ATSB loan?

Sure we should listen....and maybe accept what he wants to a degree...but only under the condition he and his boys RESIGN when its done...BusFlt321

BusFlt321 said:
Sure we should listen....and maybe accept what he wants to a degree...but only under the condition he and his boys RESIGN when its done...BusFlt321

I couldn't agree more !!!!

Chip I agree 100%. Nobody likes it but you gotta do what you gotta do . I say Dave since everyone already thinks neg ative of you and since you personally have nothing to lose according to some on here, and since you already have broken our poor poor contracts according to many on here, i say impose across the board pay cuts and productivity cuts. If they are gonna complain give them a reason. Gut the contracts accept the lawsuits replace all with furloughed employees and move on . Sound drastic? I say Dave do what you have to do to keep this company and its name alive. Majority of our employees are behind you and the results from otp and others show it. If we only have 2 choices here union or company ! BREAK THE UNIONS! Im fed up ! We have to once and for all nip this in the bud. This is not Daves fault. HAVE AT IT DAVE! Im sick of Usairways constantly having problems. Since 1989 thats all we have had. This is so crazy. To hear some of these quacks on here "full pay to the last day" is nuts. THANK GOD THEY ARE NOT IN CHARGE! Does this sound nuts to many of you , sure and it does me too, but this has to stop. There hasnt been a ceo yet of this airline, or an outsider who hasnt said the same thing about this company and its issues. Some of you guys blame EVERY CEO we have or would have. Its time to wake up ! Maybe we are part of the problem

Us workers won't listen to CEOs and VPs that lie to the employees and break every union's contract, why would Dave expect anyless?

Chip Munn said:
Could Siegel announce major layoffs, base and city closures, declare Force Majuere over the A320 overhaul issue, place EMB-170s on Boston, New York, and Washington Shuttle flights to match capacity with demand, agree memorandums of understanding to sell assets like slots or international routes? For example, could we see the “Pref Bidâ€￾ and Reserve Time Balancing system improvements result in more pilot furloughs instead of staffing the reported 60 additional A320 family aircraft?
Chip, Chip Chip, why do you post inaccurate information to rile up the board?

The Airbus narrow body dispute does not fit force majuere, force majuere is something beyond the company's control, they CREATED the dispute, they CHOSE to fight the IAM in court, they CHOSE to park the planes.

So there is no way the company can envoke force majuere.

You should really do some research before you post, cause your posting of inaccurate information really dwindles the molecule of credibility you might have left.

And let me refresh the IAM's stance on Dealing with Dave.

The Concession Stand is Closed!

To All IAM Members at US Airways:

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

District 141 and 141-M Representatives today met with US Airways at the carrier’s headquarters in Arlington, VA.

CEO David Siegel again spoke about the need to reduce costs, due in part to increased competition from low-cost carriers such as Southwest Airlines and JetBlue. However, Siegel did not make any specific requests to the IAM. It appeared obvious that there is a lack of a strategic plan on the part of US Airways.

While we are willing to discuss plans to permit the carrier to remain a viable employer, the Machinists Union today informed US Airways that we will not enter into any discussions to change the terms of our collective bargaining agreements – the concession stand is closed!

Our members ratified significant cost reductions while the company was in bankruptcy, providing the carrier with the tools needed to return US Airways to profitability. If US Airways’ executives are incapable of successfully running this airline within the framework of our existing collective bargaining agreements, a more capable management team should be employed.

IAM members have made significant sacrifices to save US Airways. The fate of the airline now rests solely in the hands of David Siegel and his management team.

No further discussions are scheduled.

Sincerely and fraternally,

Scotty Ford
President and General Chairman
IAM District 141-M S.R.

Randy Canale
President and General Chairman
IAM District 141

Good question Chip. When WOULD be a good time to talk?

Here's another question.

When is enough ENOUGH?

How many more employees have to lose their jobs?

How much more pay must be cut?

How many more employees will lose their retirement?

How many more days off will be taken away?

How many more hours will you be required to work each and every day to make up for the THOUSANDS of jobs that have been eliminated or outsourced?

At what point is ENOUGH ENOUGH and do you tell Dave that is the case???

As much as you might want people to, they can not work for US Airways for free. It is not a charity. I love the company as much as any employee currently on the property but at some point you just have to say, "Sorry Dave, I just cant afford to give anymore."

When will that point be reached with you Chip?

$110 per hour and 15 days off per month?
$80 per hour and 13 days off per month?
$70 per hour and 11 days off per month?
$45 per hour and 8 days off per month?

... $0.00 per hour because your job has been outsourced to Chautauqua?

You gave Dave over a BILLION dollars in concessions. If he cant make the company work with the resources he has available then maybe its time to let the invisible hand of the economy determine the fate of US Airways.

usfliboi:

Your sickening....just be quiet. Why don't you go work in CCY or something because you would fit right in.

Here is Dave's Plan:

Close Reservations and farm it out to India.

Close all Base Maintenance and farm it out to Alabama.

Close all support shops and vendor out the work.

Eliminate all ticket agents and replace them with Kiosks, and have an $8 an hour employee check luggage.

Eliminate all Utility and vendor out lavatory and watering servicing to Signature. Make the F/As clean the cabin for no pay, have LSG remove the trash.

Vendor out the remaining catering to LSG.

Vendor out security checks to the lowest bidder.

Vendor out Fleet Service to Signature or the likes.

Wet lease all the planes from Mesa to eliminate pilots and F/As at Mainline.

Anyone care to add what else Dave wants to outsource?

CAN ANYONE SAY ValuJet?

From a passengers perspective, it looks to me that the fat lady is on stage clearing her throat once again...now there is a shock! I can't see the harm in listening to the plan. Loosing $1 million a day, the alternative will certainly be some sort of sale of assets to pay back loans and further cuts. Maybe everyone should take a vote in the next coming weeks to see for certain no one wants to hear the plan. If "no" wins, then the airline should go ahead with liquidation and get it over with. I don't see any other alternatives, no matter what CEO you have at this point.

Good Luck!

usfliboi said:
Chip I agree 100%. Nobody likes it but you gotta do what you gotta do . I say Dave since everyone already thinks neg ative of you and since you personally have nothing to lose according to some on here, and since you already have broken our poor poor contracts according to many on here, i say impose across the board pay cuts and productivity cuts. If they are gonna complain give them a reason. Gut the contracts accept the lawsuits replace all with furloughed employees and move on . Sound drastic? I say Dave do what you have to do to keep this company and its name alive. Majority of our employees are behind you and the results from otp and others show it. If we only have 2 choices here union or company ! BREAK THE UNIONS! Im fed up ! We have to once and for all nip this in the bud. This is not Daves fault. HAVE AT IT DAVE! Im sick of Usairways constantly having problems. Since 1989 thats all we have had. This is so crazy. To hear some of these quacks on here "full pay to the last day" is nuts. THANK GOD THEY ARE NOT IN CHARGE! Does this sound nuts to many of you , sure and it does me too, but this has to stop. There hasnt been a ceo yet of this airline, or an outsider who hasnt said the same thing about this company and its issues. Some of you guys blame EVERY CEO we have or would have. Its time to wake up ! Maybe we are part of the problem
Usfliboi, what a wonderful post! I can not agree with you more! This is not a Dave issue that we are dealing with. Why cant all of you "full pay to the last day" folks understand that? Dave didnt tell WN to come into PHL, Dave didnt tell JetBlue to start operations at JFK or to order RJs, Dave didnt tell ACA to start up Independence Air at IAD. When we restructured earlier NONE OF THIS we new about from the LLCs. The time has come for US to take some action to keep this great airline alive. Thats what a majority of the employees want. Trust me I fly with people all the time and talk with fellow employees on the ground that understand what management is saying. They DO NOT feel that the unions are speaking for them. If you folks are so bitter and angry with your jobs and management do us all a favor and quit, you all do nothing but bring us all down. This just isnt the time for negativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back