Not open for further replies.
IMHO, Dave was too easy on us during the first (hopefully last) Chapter 11
filing. Rushed through it and hoped for the best. It's not working out. I don't
blame him for asking for help again. Who else to ask? Ask the flying public
to pay a little more for the joy of flying US? Perhaps the oil barons will cut
US some slack on some cheap oil?

He's doing what he has to do.

The unions have to do the same. Who would have thought we would be
obstinant over adding 60 big planes to the fleet?

Talk to the man, and report back. We'll decide.

Do_it_for_Dave said:
The union leadership has no interest in hearing the plan. Contact your labor leaders and tell them that you want them at the negotiation table A.S.A.P.

A message to Pitbull and others.................
Excuse me, but should that be two separate issues?
Showing the plan and "going to the negotiating table" should be two different issues. Why doesnt Dave use his weekly message, The Hub, US Update or USAviation to get "his plan" out if the union leaders arent interested in seeing it?

IMO this is weak argument from management and one of the reasons we're where we are now. LEAD! Think outside the box. Be creative. Get the word out. Quit whining about whats not happening and DO SOMETHING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. How childish can they get?

A MESSAGE TO DAVE AND OTHERS

Furloughedagain...you asked a good question.

What is our breaking point? I do have one, but I'm not there yet.
Nor do I want to approach it. But I'll be WAY BELOW that point if
I have to start over in another job, with minimal vacation and pay.
I don't like the company always at my door asking for more, but
I don't take offense that they do. I just wish they would come up
with a plan to fix our problems once and for all. IMO we would then
have a solid future (if possible in this business), at decent wages
and working conditions.

You may all call me naive now.

P.S. Do you all think it's possible that Herb Kelleher decided to
enter the PHL market because he knew we would self-destruct
before WN even arrived?

Once again Dave and his cheerleaders lie to us:

From the IAM:

"While we are willing to discuss plans to permit the carrier to remain a viable employer, the Machinists Union today informed US Airways that we will not enter into any discussions to change the terms of our collective bargaining agreements – the concession stand is closed!"

From the CWA:

"2. CWA will accept management's invitation to participate, along with the other unions, in the discussions about a new business plan, but we are skeptical."

How can you tell when Dave and any of his cronies are not lying?

Their mouths are shut and they are not talking.

DCaf said:
P.S. Do you all think it's possible that Herb Kelleher decided to
enter the PHL market because he knew we would self-destruct
before WN even arrived?
No. He came because there are umpteen million people in the PHL area. But that's for another thread.

BTW, welcome aboard DCaf.

I am getting the feeling management is coming out on the boards in full force.

Can you say "It is my lie and I will tell it how I want".

jack mama said:
The unions should at least hear the plan and vote on it.
And what exactly is stopping Dave from getting his message to the employees? I know how much they like to spend money sending out little letters to every employee. Why is this time different? Spend some more money and send the plan to every employees home (dont bother to use Dave's weekly message, The Hub, USAirways.com, USAviation (I'm sure they'd love the scoop), PRNewswire, US Update) or any other of a thousand forms of communication directly with the employees. If its a good plan and enough are willing to go for it, then let the employees decide to tell THEIR unions that they want to talk. Quit the games. Its just as childish for management (LEADERS) to play the poor me no one wants to listen game as it is irresponsible for the union leaders to not even hear the plan (no guarantees on agreeing with it). If no one is getting any info out or in, how can anyone truthfully say they've done all they can to keep the bird flying? I blame both groups at this point. Email your union (I have) and tell them to at least hear the plan. Email Dave and tell him to get the plan out somehow if its so great. Enough of the stupid games guys. Leadership on both fronts is severely lacking at this point.

jack mama said:
They wouldn't need to break the contract if the current contract allowed us to be profitable.
Why should any sane person have any confidence in the current executives' ability to run an airline if their strategic forecasting is so bad that they have to make these moves less than 1 year out of Chapter 11?

US management could (and should have) gone after the "tools" they needed while in Chapter 11, if for no other reason that their hand was stronger. Failure to do so is a rather clear indictment of the acumen of the current management team.

tadjr said:
jack mama said:
And what exactly is stopping Dave from getting his message to the employees? I know how much they like to spend money sending out little letters to every employee. Why is this time different?
maybe because the tag line coming out from much of the leadership of the work groups - before any breath from CCY - is "not another red cent."

If there is nothing but obstinance, and the work group leadership is the negotiating team, why would CCY even bother?

I work in an area that has over 300 US' employees and almost 100% of them say the don't support, they don't trust and they don't want to listen to anymore of Dave's lies!

Shut it down if that is what it will take, no more givebacks!

We gave $1.1 Billion, that bank is closed!

ClueByFour said:
jack mama said:
They wouldn't need to break the contract if the current contract allowed us to be profitable.
Why should any sane person have any confidence in the current executives' ability to run an airline if their strategic forecasting is so bad that they have to make these moves less than 1 year out of Chapter 11?

US management could (and should have) gone after the "tools" they needed while in Chapter 11, if for no other reason that their hand was stronger. Failure to do so is a rather clear indictment of the acumen of the current management team.
Well, if it took two votes to get revised work agreements approved, what are the chances that they would have been approved last time if the cuts were deeper?

pitguy said:
I am getting the feeling management is coming out on the boards in full force.
Well since no one will listen to the plan, they have nothing else to do with their time. Maybe one of them would like to start a new thread, maybe even get Dave to join (if he isnt here already) and present "The Plan". I'm sure the info would spread like wildfire if it were posted here. No need to spend any more money or time on getting the info out. Dave, present the plan and see how quickly it gets around. They already have USAIRWAYS,INC registered here as a verifiable username so go for it guys! We're waiting.

ITRADE, the second round of concessions were approved overwhemingly because people wanted their serverence.

Once again Dave and his cheerleaders lie to us:

From the IAM:

"While we are willing to discuss plans to permit the carrier to remain a viable employer, the Machinists Union today informed US Airways that we will not enter into any discussions to change the terms of our collective bargaining agreements – the concession stand is closed!"

From the CWA:

"2. CWA will accept management's invitation to participate, along with the other unions, in the discussions about a new business plan, but we are skeptical."

How can you tell when Dave and any of his cronies are not lying?

Their mouths are shut and they are not talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back