When Would Now Be A Good Time To Talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
pitguy said:
Sounds like a few here are ready to drop to their knees and submit to their captures.

I am not going out on my knees. Pathetic.
PitGuy

What is pathetic is the closed minded stance to not even hear what the plan is.

What is pathetic is refusal to see the reality of the situation.

What is pathetic is the ignorence to see that give backs now (we don't even know what they would be!) can be made up later IF the airline survives.

What is pathetic is taking a no more give back stance, without offering an alternative.

You won't go out on your knees...but you will go out. Boy, you really showed them, didn't you?

Facing the economic reality isn't dropping to my knees. It is simply dealing with do we want the airline to survive....or let her die. If we stay the same status....we are dead.

This isn't a contest between management and labor...it is a business. We are stuck for now with this leadership. Until that changes we should at least see what they are trying to do.

flyswatter said:
There is nothing stopping Dave from going out there and telling the employees all the thrilling details of his new plan except his fear of mob attacks when he suggest the employees once again give at the office.
With all due respect, you clearly do not have any idea concerning the union leaders. If the labor leaders have knowledge of the plan, as you report, then they should report to their membership. The union BOD representatives have knowledge of this plan but are bound by confidentiality agreements.

The rank and file employees have every right to hear the business plan. From this outside observer, I can only recommend that the labor leaders (ALPA/IAM/AFA) approach the company with open arms that they are willing to consider all options. Everything must be on the table. PERIOD!

The majority of employees are willing to make the needed sacrifices to salvage this company. They have every desire to efficiently compete with the LCC’s and would most likely agree to all of the required productivity and work rule changes.

The rank and file employees should consider all options to ensure that their future is secure. What if the union leaders were not being completely honest with their membership? What if the unions were not disclosing essential information to protect their own agendas?

Many employees have asked why doesn’t Dave take the plan to the rank and file employees. IMO, Dave respects the union leadership and its structure and believes that it is important to take this plan directly to the leaders. The rank and file employees should ask why wouldn’t their union leaders listen to this business plan?

The union leaders must allow this management team to present its business plan to the rank and file. You have ever right to this representation based upon paying your monthly dues. Contact your union leaders that you want them to sit down with the company and hear the new plan.

I hearby request AFA sit down with Dave ASAP. Either we get our collective S#@! together or we go down in history.........literally!!! :rant:

The beauty in all this is after it's all said and done, Dave will present his plan.It most assuredly will contain some kind of concessions. Whether it's monetary or work rule changes remains to be seen. We at some point will vote on these packages like we did the last two times and each person will decide on their own what conditions they are willing to accept. Each one of us will decide what is best for ourselves and our families. I voted for the last two.I'm afraid I most likely won't be voting for the next one.

Why do some people smoke when they are dying from it?
Why do some people gamble more than they can afford?
Why do some people run up their debt to more than they should?
Why do some people go to their church on Sunday, but sin all week?
Why do some leave for work and appointments always late?

Why do some people believe people who are known liars?

Because some people are FOOLS.

It is Nature of the Beast!

(It is foolish to listen to a constant liar.)

The sad thing here is!!!!!!!!!!!!! You cant point to one LIE that Dave has committed. You cant name one reason why he shouldnt be ceo.... If dave wasnt doing what hes doing(pissing little alpa and afa and iam off) then he would be asked to leave for lack of givebacks. Its so funny just a few months ago i recall massive breaks within unions calling for their leaders to leave. Dave stand your ground and gut what u have to and make this work. If you listen to some of these kids they dont care anyway .

usfliboi and trans, how does Dave's koolaide taste?

Why should the union leadership talk to Dave after he has done nothing but lie, cheat and steal from us?

Told ALPA take these concessions to save your pension, still takes their pension.

Tells the IAM take these concessions to protect your scope language, still turns around and steals our work and THREE FEDERAL COURTS tell Dave he is wrong.

Why don't you just sign your paycheck over to Dave every week and then it will be like the old mining towns where you paid them to work there.

You better kiss the AFA's butt, if it was not for your contract you would be working at Johnny O's Mesa wages.

Take off the blinders and see what Dave and Jerry have been doing to this company and its workers.

THOSE ARE TWO LIES AND TWO REASONS WHY DAVE SHOULD NOT BE CEO!

It is far better to die with dignity then to live as a coward in fear!

Smoke and Mirrors said:
With all due respect, you clearly do not have any idea concerning the union leaders. If the labor leaders have knowledge of the plan, as you report, then they should report to their membership. The union BOD representatives have knowledge of this plan but are bound by confidentiality agreements.

Many employees have asked why doesn’t Dave take the plan to the rank and file employees. IMO, Dave respects the union leadership and its structure and believes that it is important to take this plan directly to the leaders. The rank and file employees should ask why wouldn’t their union leaders listen to this business plan?
You have to be a troll, because even the current morons at CCY would not send a shill this bad onto an internet board. Wait, this is "Little Dave" and company. Hmmm...

Anyway, all you guys have to do is gin up the postage machine, and send out a few thousand copies of the business plan, just like the stuff you mailed everywhere during Chapter 11.

Face it, you guys are so inept that now you will try to "Wag the proverbial dog" and blame it on the labor leaders.

Back to Harvard, my friend. Math does not teach you how to lead.

USAirBoyA330 said:
usfliboi:

Your sickening....just be quiet. Why don't you go work in CCY or something because you would fit right in.
USA330,

Flyboi does work in Deleted. And is begging for everyone to sacrifice again, including you giving up your job, and SAVE HIS JOB.

usfliboi said:
I say Dave since everyone already thinks neg ative of you and since you personally have nothing to lose according to some on here, and since you already have broken our poor poor contracts according to many on here, i say impose across the board pay cuts and productivity cuts. If they are gonna complain give them a reason. Gut the contracts accept the lawsuits replace all with furloughed employees and move on . Sound drastic? I say Dave do what you have to do to keep this company and its name alive. Majority of our employees are behind you and the results from otp and others show it. If we only have 2 choices here union or company ! BREAK THE UNIONS! Im fed up ! We have to once and for all nip this in the bud. This is not Daves fault. HAVE AT IT DAVE! Im sick of Usairways constantly having problems. Since 1989 thats all we have had. This is so crazy. To hear some of these quacks on here "full pay to the last day" is nuts. THANK GOD THEY ARE NOT IN CHARGE! Does this sound nuts to many of you , sure and it does me too, but this has to stop. There hasnt been a ceo yet of this airline, or an outsider who hasnt said the same thing about this company and its issues. Some of you guys blame EVERY CEO we have or would have. Its time to wake up ! Maybe we are part of the problem
Wow, you need to be drug tested DELETED.

PITBULL ill ignore you since your always negative and the sky is always falling , 700 if you cant be grown up enough to post your real name and adress refrain from calling me a coward. I have nothing to hide and its my opinion . You must be bored and nothign to play with to resort to calling names , I say we take your right to post on here away since you feel no one shoul dhave an opinion but u !

Well you are one, "Dave do anything I don't care, I will bend over and grab my ankles", is that your new mantra?

You dont post your name and address on the internet, why should I? and you would be a fool if you did.

Third we showed you Dave's lies and you don't respond because you know we are right. Be Lion not a Lamb!

For a 2nd time, please avoid name calling and return to the original topic.

Thank you.

These folks are misguided and have no idea what thier lives could become. DO NOT blindly follow management, ever. This is a business. These CCY people care about themselves and thier own bottom line, they do not care about you, your family, your kids, the airline, the flying public or the communities we serve.

I get a kick out of these F/As. Go talk to a Colgan Air or Shuttle America flight attendant. They have 10 days off a month, work seven legs a day, don't get paid per diem for one days, empty filthy trash cans on 20 minute turns, and have to personally install the seat cushions into the seats every morning after thier eight hour layover in a dirty Super 8 motel. They make $12,000 a year. That's no exaggeration. Thats what you'd have without your union. MidAtlantic will not be much more than that, and as it stands now, over 50% of the US F/A group are "MDA" status, most will never return. Isnt that enough?

Is it worth it to help these "leaders" who came 18 months ago and have done nothing but alienate the customers, employees, politicians, even our home states? You have given, sacrificed your quality of life, and the livelihood of thousands of your peers. This is a team that wants to vendor out the maintenance and care of our airplanes to a third party to save a buck, not learning anything from the incident a year ago that killed 19 US Airways passengers and two employees. This is a team that has laid off thousands of its own while creating "working poor" jobs at numerous feeder airlines to replace us- again for the sake of a few bucks. This is a team who's deranged policies have made thier names so notorious with our few remaining loyal customers that they know them by name and have created clubs to ridicule the airline. This is a team that is on thier third business plan in less years and is yet to score while our peer airlines are beginning to recover. A couple of months ago they acted like they were doing us a favour by keeping a measly 279 aircraft. Now they suddenly feel we need sixty more and apparently can do this with the current, already overworked "headcount". Give me a break. Some of you need to step back and look at the big picture.

I'd like to know why they cant reveal the business plan. I'd also like to know why, if its so brilliant, they aren't going about achieving it, rather they are giving themselves another month to tinker with it. Sounds like a load of poppycock to me.
:down:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back