US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could not believe how many times Judge Wake invited Seham to a sidebar. So many times, I thought it was happy hour. The transcripts of those conversations are very telling.

Seham is an ammateur, just ask the NW mechanics.

And Judge Wake.
"Mr. Seham, I am losing sleep over this case. Can you help me with a few of these items? I really don't know what the heck I am doing..."
SEHAM-"Hence the fact some of the clerks have been making comments about the case becoming a "hobby" for you your honor...."
WAKE-" I am honestly considering imposing the Nicolau Award. Do you think I can do it? Damn, those DC-3's with NMB lawyers in the doors just waiting for the green light to jump are starting to unnerve me. Do you think this court could be their destination, or is that my paranoia again...Lets' see, did I tell you I really want to impose the Niclolau, but even my cat is telling me not to. Do you think I should??
SEHAM-"Why not your honor, after all, the 9th and the clerks that REALLY DO know what they are doing are always waiting in the wings to help...."
What could happen to you? I mean they could just remand you and clean your clock, ahem, I mean Clean Slate the entire thing."
WAKE-" I know I hang at the country club with the daddies of some of these west pilots. I have to deliver something......"
SEHAM-"your honor, just go ahead. What difference does the 9th mean to a west pilot? They are delusional enough to think this trial is going to stand, and they are going to go ahead and continue to reference it. Go ahead, why make it a hobby when you can make it their life!"
WAKE-"Damn Seham, thank you! I am going to find for these fellows! Damn the 9th Full speed ahead. Long Live Leonidas!!!!

How do you rectify the fact that Nic gives you 2/3 of the upgrades based on what you brought to the merger. Sounds like you want more than what you brought, since Nic accounted for it already. Just curious.

I don't know if I can "rectify" the logic behind the NIC, if I had to hazard a guess, I would imagine the remaining 1/3 of the upgrades you refer to, is a function of the attrition brought to the merger by the West. The West is welcome to what they brought and no, the East doesn't want more than what they brought. Well, maybe some do, on both sides.

I disagree that the NIC "adequately" accounted for what the East brought. I would be for ANY seniority agreement coupled with bidding protections, that provided for current seat protection and a first bid opportunity priority, for any future former East attrition openings, to be made available to former East pilots first. This would in essence, constitute a "self-dismantling" fence going forward and in due time would all but cease to exist, providing the former West pilots with the ability to have it all. Granted, the West pilots would have to wait their turn, just like the long suffering East has had to, although not for nearly as long.

This after all, would provide for the East, what they brought to the merger. Deal?

seajay

SEHAM-"your honor, just go ahead. What difference does the 9th mean to a west pilot? They are delusional enough to think this trial is going to stand, and they are going to go ahead and continue to reference it. Go ahead, why make it a hobby when you can make it their life!"
WAKE-"Damn Seham, thank you! I am going to find for these fellows! Damn the 9th Full speed ahead. Long Live Leonidas!!!!

Hey there 9er. Hand me a few million and I will tell you anything you want to hear. And I will repeat " Gold Standard" over and over again for a few million more.

Get back with me when you can hand me cash.

I don't take checks from Usapians.

Darn... I knew Luv was out there but I didn't know how bad it was, hearing voices and all....He must have some kind of thing about parachuting lawyers as much as he mentions them...

Jim

Darn... I knew Luv was out there but I didn't know how bad it was, hearing voices and all....He must have some kind of thing about parachuting lawyers as much as he mentions them...

Jim

Jim,

I've been here a couple of weeks but you have quite the cast of characters. I've been reading "As the stomach turns" for the past few months. One of our West pilots post comments from various message boards on the AWAPPA forum.

I know enough that you are a retired East pilot and Trader Jake is a current East pilot. I can see both of you are fending off grenades from Usapians.

Two questions:

1) Who is Nos?

2) Why does USA320 irritate them so much?

Nos is an east pilot (presumably, maybe he's an east pilot's kid) who is on this 3rd or 4th screen name now. He has an unmistakable writing style so I have no idea why he keeps changing names.

USA320 has a long history here. He used to post regularly about a UA/US transaction that was right around the corner. He also proclaimed his leadership of what was know as the GAG (Give Away Gang) - the faction of the MEC that was always "living to fight another day" and every concession was "this is better than the alternative". I'm guessing he's missing being inside the "real power" leading the east and longs for ALPA back. Good ole 320 was a "you can't argue with me because I know it all" personality here - a role many have adopted with regard to the Nic.

Jim

Nos is an east pilot (presumably, maybe he's an east pilot's kid) who is on this 3rd or 4th screen name now. He has an unmistakable writing style so I have no idea why he keeps changing names.

USA320 has a long history here. He used to post regularly about a UA/US transaction that was right around the corner. He also proclaimed his leadership of what was know as the GAG (Give Away Gang) - the faction of the MEC that was always "living to fight another day" and every concession was "this is better than the alternative". I'm guessing he's missing being inside the "real power" leading the east and longs for ALPA back. Good ole 320 was a "you can't argue with me because I know it all" personality here - a role many have adopted with regard to the Nic.

Jim

Thanks Jim, I get the picture. I like to know who my targets are. I think this whole USAPA problem is best handled with a tactical strike rather than a carpet bombing campaign.

Nuff said B)

Oh for Christ Sake. You think the 9th has a crystal ball? That statement was made in Dicta which is irrelevant. They said "not ripe". That's all. Nobody knows if a nic. inclusive contract will pass. I suspect it will but there isn't a single entity on Earth that can say, with legally binding conclusiveness, that they know how a vote would shake out one way or another.

Barring an actual VOTE, there is nothing....absolutely nothing on record indicating what would happen in a vote. Again, you're barking up the wrong tree.

I guess they will disregard their own dicta when this winds up in front of them again. LMAO

NICDOA
NPJB

Bear, no doubt you have the big picture. You might have noticed my unanswered question. I imply why it is OK for Usapians to stop paying dues to ALPA, the very people who try to get pilots terminated for withholding dues payments to USAPA.

Then they claim our dispute is an internal issue. Code for majority, mob rule.

Traditional mores and ethics don't apply to them and they make up rules as they go along.
You will have to earn your tenure, this bothers you.

Delay,Delay,Delay

Because they are running scared. They don't want to see a contract proposal come to a vote. The UHL's have cushy jobs feeding off of our hard earned dues money. There is always a chance it won't go their way and lose their cushy positions.

USAPA is a dictatorship, not a democracy.
Whom may I ask is "they".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back