US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up to the same tricks Nos? I still waiting on the proof...

And I don't think you want to get into the game of guilt by association with the skeletons in the East's closet. After all, I could easily say you refused to correct the injustice done to the Empire and Shuttle pilots, shoot holes in airplanes, run off the runway and into the water at LGA, don't know how to handle windshear, break the nose gear of airplanes, run into other airplanes, are a scab, etc.
Jim

That's an easy one.

From the day Lakefield took the helm of US Airways, he was very vocal over the fact that he did NOT want to be running an airline and was just filling in until the seat could be filled by someone permanently. I believe he's still vice chairman of the board. You can probably get his email address from the company website and ask him yourself.

He was extremely motivated to get OUT of the front office and back to his semi-retirement in Florida (or somewhere warm.) He told anyone that would listen that his expertise was financial and that he was ill-equipped to run an airline, and disliked it immensely. That was probably a big motivator for him to put the merger together so someone else could take over.

Remember you are arguing with new hires....but you are spot on. Had LF on the JS and was telling him about
PHL and he totally did not care. But good money man!!

NICDOA
NPJB

Oil Prices Threaten Airline Profitability. Did USAPA/Pilots miss Our Opportunity to Negotiate a Pay Raise During Profitability?

See Story
No, Scott Kirby missed an opportunity to hedge oil in the 80's. Oil is going into the low hundred level, then higher as time goes on. Airlines that don't adjust to it will pay the price.

Seabury and Associates hired by US Airways, raised the money to fund the merger.

US was using the ATSB loan and money from GE and Airbus to make payroll.

There was no cash infusion from HP to US.

The money from the merger came from Air Wisconsin, Republic, Airbus, GECAS, Air Canada and a few other institutional investors.

Bruce Lakefield hired John Luth from Seabury and he raised the money for the merger, so the money was raised by US Airways, not HP.
For once, I agree with you. This is exactly how it went down.

No. None of your business.

Oh come on, you're amongst friends here, don't be scared. I bet your wife was a new hire AWA pilot, you are a Mesa F/O and you are just soooo mad that she isn't in here rightful place. Right? Maybe playdo go is your significant other.

Intergrity-hiding behind a myth.

Up to the same tricks Nos? I still waiting on the proof...

I asked you for proof when you said my claim that AWA was a template for LOA 93 was an urban legend. I gave you background and you pretty much called me a liar. I asked again and you siad "Huuh? What question?" I guess the NY Times is urban:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/05/business/05air.html?_r=1

"US Airways said it calculated the pay and benefit levels based on those at JetBlue and America West, two low-fare airlines, whose cost levels it is striving to achieve"

Oh come on, you're amongst friends here, don't be scared. I bet your wife was a new hire AWA pilot, you are a Mesa F/O and you are just soooo mad that she isn't in here rightful place. Right? Maybe playdo go is your significant other.

Intergrity-hiding behind a myth.
You got me. Why are you obsessing? Since when did anybody give a Damn about what I think? Get a hobby...like world of warcraft or something. Alternate realities are your forte.

Also, why do you assume I'm a male?

You got me. Why are you obsessing? Since when did anybody give a Damn about what I think? Get a hobby...like world of warcraft or something. Alternate realities are your forte.

Also, why do you assume I'm a male?

I didn't assume you were male, where did you get that?! :rolleyes:

Just trying to keep you all integrified!

I didn't assume you were male, where did you get that?! :rolleyes:

Just trying to keep you all integrified!

You referenced the idea that maybe I had a wife....presumably meaning I'm a man. That's where I got that. Not all butches knit on camera FYI.

You referenced the idea that maybe I had a wife....presumably meaning I'm a man. That's where I got that. Not all butches knit on camera FYI.

See, there ya go. I bet jets, a real non-US person doesn't even know what you mean, but those of us with access to the video do, so you have access through your sign on or someone else. You have a lot of inside info. and about about once a month you get real moody and cranky about it..............oh, never mind :lol:.

You're slipping RR - you missed one.

Jim

My bad. Soldier on old man. We know what you think of your fellow ex pilots, and how you gladly watched the Empire guys get really stapled. Here is your "proof." Goes to your core values.

And I don't think you want to get into the game of guilt by association with the skeletons in the East's closet. After all, I could easily say you refused to correct the injustice done to the Empire and Shuttle pilots, shoot holes in airplanes, run off the runway and into the water at LGA, don't know how to handle windshear, break the nose gear of airplanes, run into other airplanes, are a scab, etc.
Jim

See, there ya go. I bet jets, a real non-US person doesn't even know what you mean, but those of us with access to the video do, so you have access through your sign on or someone else. You have a lot of inside info. and about about once a month you get real moody and cranky about it..............oh, never mind :lol:.
See you in court...bring the gilf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back