SWA now getting involved with slot (s) possibilities

Yes, using qualifiers and disclaimers can be fun...

Did you know that AA has a larger share of the ATL concourse T market to all of AA's hubs than DL does?

You need to go apply for the White House Press Secretary job, WT. Only you or Jay Carney could claim in the WN forum that DFW and DAL aren't the same market, yet claim that DAL and DFW *are* the same market in the AA forum.

It's typical. Most of us are used to it, and that's why experienced forum users immediately dismiss WT's comparisons. They always have some disclaimer which puts DL on top, or increasingly, AA on the bottom.

WorldTraveler said:
congratulations again for noting the error. I'll be sure and be as thorough in sorting thru what you write.

Again, does it change the larger argument about the fact that DL will compete with WN from DAL and with AA from DFW?

As I noted a long time ago, you and WN really don't want to think about a world in which DL - a non-Texas airline actually ends up being the largest carrier in some of the biggest markets from N. Texas because AA and WN have pushed each other into boxes which DL doesn't have to stay inside of.
DFW Traffic Information:

AA is #1 with 71%, Eagle is #2 with an 11.1% market share and DL and Spirit are tied for #3 with 3.7% market share and US is #4 with a 3% market share.

700UW said:
AA is #1 with 71%, Eagle is #2 with an 11.1% market share and DL and Spirit are tied for #3 with 3.7% market share and US is #4 with a 3% market share.
WT will reply with something along the lines of AA and AE are one entity, whereas alphabetically, D comes before S, thus DL is #2.  Therefore, you were wrong again, WT was correct all along, and DL is the greatest airline ever!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

WT will reply with something along the lines of AA and AE are one entity, whereas alphabetically, D comes before S, thus DL is #2.  Therefore, you were wrong again, WT was correct all along, and DL is the greatest airline ever!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LMAO! Just sitting back and enjoying the WT slugfest. BTW WT, you did in fact claim DL is #2 at DFW and even in the area which cannot be true as SWA has the largest market share for the Dallas area for all domestic travel period. I see WNMECH is also having fun proving you wrong, just like I have many times in the past.

except I never said that DL was the 2nd largest carrier in the N. Texas area because I know that is not the case.

Tell me you two crack mechanics.... do you get to pick and choose what part you want to put on an airplane? Since they all come from the same family, can't you substitute any part that would work in the same place for any engine in the family?

Suppose details do matter, just as much as the FAA would pull your license and your boss would walk you out the door without recourse in a heartbeat if you told them that you just replaced "any part using any procedure" that was good for the same part of any of the aircraft that WN flies?

Is it pedantic to talk about details if you are doing a job and talking about your area of expertise but it isn't ok to use details which do matter - AND WHICH WERE CLEARLY DELINEATED?

And as much as you want to take this little detour in the conversation, the bottom line is that WN will remain in the cute little box that AA put it in and will be competing for the N. Texas market from the airport where it chose to stay several decades ago.

DL will be free to serve the top markets in the US from both airports. And DL, for spite, will probably send the 717 to Love Field just to rub it in.

That is ultimately what will frost your chops.

Last time I checked a used 717 holds less passengers than loves 737s!

Top ten busiest domestic routes out of DAL
(July 2012 - June 2013) [5] Rank City Passengers Carriers

1 Houston (Hobby), TX 598,000 Southwest
2 San Antonio, TX 337,000 Southwest
3 Austin, TX 295,000 Southwest
4 Kansas City, MO 229,000 Southwest
5 St. Louis, MO 226,000 Southwest
6 New Orleans, LA 205,000 Southwest
7 Albuquerque, NM 186,000 Southwest
8 Lubbock, TX 147,000 Southwest
9 El Paso, TX 137,000 Southwest
10 Midland, TX 135,000 Southwest

Lets see I dont see DL in any of those statistics

Haven't you heard. Is it pedantic to talk about details unless WT agrees with them and they appear to make Delta look better than they are.

who said anything any different? 700?

Did you not read that I said that DL doesn't compete directly against WN in any DAL market and haven't competed directly against WN in any N. Texas market since the DFW hub was closed.

but that changes in 9 months.

Kevin said it was pedantic to talk about details. Have your conversation with him... unless you already made the same point a dozen posts before him.

The 717s could be the ideal aircraft to develop some of the markets. DL uses smaller aircraft than WN on several of its MDW routes but still ends up with a higher share of the LOCAL market, whether you define that as MDW alone or ORD + MDW.

I think I'll set up my own countdown clock.

Besides, I love the symbolism of a 717 flight in DL colors from DAL; AA thought they could upstage WN with the WA so WN upstages AA back and DL comes along with 717s and upstages them both.

Suppose DL will subcontract with partner VS to paint some of VS' choice messages to BA on the sides of now DL / ex-WN aircraft?

eolesen said:
Yes, using qualifiers and disclaimers can be fun...

Did you know that AA has a larger share of the ATL concourse T market to all of AA's hubs than DL does?

Lol. Fantastic.

WorldTraveler said:
except I never said that DL was the 2nd largest carrier in the N. Texas area because I know that is not the case.

<snip>

Is it pedantic to talk about details if you are doing a job and talking about your area of expertise but it isn't ok to use details which do matter - AND WHICH WERE CLEARLY DELINEATED?
Actually, I did "delineate." I even used your parameters.

So again, given that most all other carriers' operations ex-DFW aren't (or weren't) that big, how big of victory is (was) claiming #2 really for DL?

700UW said:
Top ten busiest domestic routes out of DAL
(July 2012 - June 2013) [5] Rank City Passengers Carriers

1 Houston (Hobby), TX 598,000 Southwest
2 San Antonio, TX 337,000 Southwest
3 Austin, TX 295,000 Southwest
4 Kansas City, MO 229,000 Southwest
5 St. Louis, MO 226,000 Southwest
6 New Orleans, LA 205,000 Southwest
7 Albuquerque, NM 186,000 Southwest
8 Lubbock, TX 147,000 Southwest
9 El Paso, TX 137,000 Southwest
10 Midland, TX 135,000 Southwest

Lets see I dont see DL in any of those statistics
Wait until WN is in full swing after the WA is lifted.
You wont see Delta dominating anything out of Love field then either.
Maybe DAL to ATL for obvious reasons but we still may beat them on that route too.

AA has a total of 83% of the market share, including AE and add in US that would be 86% in DFW, DL only as 3.7%, yep the New AA is really scared, not.

so, since everyone else at DFW is so small, we should even bother counting any city that doesn't board as many passengers as DL does at DFW?

We could lop off a whole lot of cities - and the ramp personnel that work those markets. WN has precious few cities that board as few passengers as DL boards at many of the cities that DL now staffs with its own people.

By all means, let's use WN's station size as the threshold for whether to staff a DL city or not, right?

Would you friggin' make up your mind, 700, if AA and AE are the same airline or not? One minute you want to say that DL is the 3rd largest airline but then in the next post you want to argue that they are the same so you can come up with a bigger number. Typical union activist.... or IAM union activist. Maybe the uneducated masses won't notice, right, Kev?

Back