Nobody Knows

B6Busdriver said:
Really? Dave Parker says HP will face a liquidity crisis by the end of the year. HP might be doing better than U but that really isn't aying a whole lot.
[post="264234"][/post]​

Thats why this deal (HP/US) has to be a little piece of a much larger transaction. How much does a merger cost, $500 million to almost $1 billion ? The airline would be back in Chap 11 after a year !

gatemech said:
I didn't feel like reading through 50+ posts. Maybe this was covered.

If dovetailed do any of people on layoff get recalled? I thought AWA had some new employees. Just wondering.
[post="268305"][/post]​

According to AFA MEC, anyone on the system seniority list (f/a) that is junior(AWA)to someone on a furlough (US), that more senior person (US) must be brought back. A junior person cannot accrue seniority while someone more senior is on a furlough.

So, if straight DOH is used, how many lay-off FAs from U get recalled, and how many FAs from AW get furloughed in their place?

Winglet said:
So, if straight DOH is used, how many lay-off FAs from U get recalled, and how many FAs from AW get furloughed in their place?
[post="269332"][/post]​
Well, if there are 1,000 US flight attendants on furlough and there are 1,000 AWA flight attendants junior to the most junior US flight attendant on furlough, all US flight attendants would have to be brought back potentially causing AWA flight attendants to get furloughed. That is what I am being told. However, let's not get into a panic over any of this. US is losing 1,000 flight attendants this year from various programs and the attrition rate is through the roof. I don't see this being anything major.

Twicebaked said:
Well, if there are 1,000 US flight attendants on furlough and there are 1,000 AWA flight attendants junior to the most junior US flight attendant on furlough, all US flight attendants would have to be brought back potentially causing AWA flight attendants to get furloughed. That is what I am being told. However, let's not get into a panic over any of this. US is losing 1,000 flight attendants this year from various programs and the attrition rate is through the roof. I don't see this being anything major.
[post="269340"][/post]​

Thanks for posting that on the AWA board. I feel so much better.

hp_fa said:
Thanks for posting that on the AWA board.  I feel so much better.
[post="269348"][/post]​

Well, the question was asked on the HP board NOT the US board. Like I said, don't get in a tizzy over something that a) Hasn't even happened yet b) May not happen c) We have no control over. Mergers are a touchy thing. We all (US/HP) need to work together to make this work...not work against each other. This will be ugly for years if we pin each other against each other. Both sides have the potential to lose a bit not just HP.

Twicebaked said:
[post="269340"][/post]​

Twicebaked,

Totally un-cool post. :down:

I guess the saying that every company has it's 10%. You are doing a great job of keeping that saying going.

I guess it all depends if you're the one getting furloughed to bring back a FA from a failed airline in serial bankruptsy that is likely to ruin your company to.

Don't worry. Be happy. Trust us.

Excellent Twicebaked and LightYears----main thing for me --having been through one pain in the butt merger is whose management gets to stay----if all this comes to play for my money just run it out of KPHX not KDCA/RIDC--- a most painful 15 yr history lesson here.

BottomFeeder said:
Twicebaked,

Totally un-cool post. :down:

I guess the saying that every company has it's 10%. You are doing a great job of keeping that saying going.
[post="269397"][/post]​

How is Twicebaked's post uncool? You must be reading it wrong. The senior folks everyone is so scared of (who well-earned thier seniority) seem to be leaving in droves already, whether by buyout, retirement, or resignation. That's a good thing for anyone who would like to remain a part of the combined list.

And to put it in perspective in regards to the 1000 furloughees, the company recently sent out 200 letters to get 50 recalled. Only 100 something responded at all (if you don't you are resigned), and only 42 ended up going back. There are about 400 in the 170 division as of next month, at which point they have pretty much exhausted the recall list. I would say out of the furloughees there will be about 500, maybe 600 that will return. If they didn't go to MAA, which is a better gig in some ways, they likely are not going to mainline.

The truth hurts sometimes folks. If you don't like the answers don't ask the obvious questions!! Light is correct and as I SAID MANY MANY MANY times, US flight attendants are leaving in droves. Even I run the risk of getting furloughed from this merger. IT IS OUT OF MY CONTROL. At least I am facing the facts and accepting what might POTENTIALLY happen.

We need to stop worrying about getting furloughed or not. Just be prepared for anything.

Winglet, you are not an employee of either US or AWA so shut the he!! up already.

hp_fa said:
Thanks for posting that on the AWA board. I feel so much better.
[post="269348"][/post]​

Screw the Airways people! Theyre company is already dead and if this merger doesn't happen theyre all on the street. ALPA needs to be dumped immediately and an in house union put in or AWA pilots are screwed!!

This discussion has been pretty focused on the flight attendants and pilots, but what about the ground employees?

How many former PSA people are looking to get back to their homes? What about those left at the res offices who want to get back to SAN?

Are HP res/ramp/agents union or not?

Twicebaked said:
According to AFA MEC, anyone on the system seniority list (f/a) that is junior(AWA)to someone on a furlough (US), that more senior person (US) must be brought back. A junior person cannot accrue seniority while someone more senior is on a furlough.
[post="269048"][/post]​

Just think of the training costs. Not going to happen. :D

Twicebaked said:
Since the other thread was closed, I will respond here. 787 assumes that AWA will be the acquiring airline. Nobody and I mean NOBODY at this point in the game knows who is aquiring whom. Every news article that you read says something different. 787 is trying to stir a pot when it isn't even an issue yet. He is crying about US seniority issue and implies (I could be wrong) that AWA employees need to protect their seniority. If US acquires AWA, will he be singing the same tune?
Either way, seniority should be integrated by date of hire regardless of who acquires whom. An AWA pilot or f/a may say stick US at the bottom, but if US acquires them, they would cry foul if it was done to them. This is not going to be easy. We don't need outsiders (787) giving their 2 cents of ancient history. As someone stated before, we have no say in what is going on. All employees have alot at risk. Don't feed fuel to the fire.
[post="264043"][/post]​

Awa is the acquiring airline. Investors are so thrilled with DP that they bought off on this and gave him( see AWA) the financing. If this is not the case, then why did USA not go out and get their own financing??? Used their last "get out of jail free card", that is why.

As for seniority, a percentile seniority merger is the consencus. Most AWA pilots wish this whole thing would just go away. All the posturing about DOH is getting old and "career expectations" seem to be ignored by a certain few. It is a nightmare. Maybe someone will outbid AWA and we wil get or wish, but I doubt it.

Back