Nobody Knows

CactusFlyr said:
Just think of the training costs. Not going to happen. :D
[post="274551"][/post]​

About half of the furloughees are active in the MAA division, where they are required to remain current on all mainline planes. They could go back to work tomorrow.

HP Fleet Service is represented by the TWU.
HP Customer Service elected the Teamsters last year.

Obviously, I can't share my personal opinions with the Employees but I think the best situation would be the Communications Workers for Customer Service and the TWU for Fleet Service. Curious about others thoughts on this matter.

Also...important to point out to many of you, this is not a purchase or takeover by either party. It is a merger. I think there will be some heart ache on both sides with the seniority issue, but I really think that the victorious union will try to do their best to find a way that works for everyone under the circumstances.
I know that I will need as much work place harmony as I can get, and I believe the unions will feel the same way. Both labor and management will need EVERYONE to make this work.

For the naysayers and doom and gloom folks from other now defunct carriers, I think that this merger is going to be different. Quite frankly, I trust the unions and the senior leadership of our new company!!

HP Manager

HP Manager said:
HP Fleet Service is represented by the TWU.
HP Customer Service elected the Teamsters last year.

Obviously, I can't share my personal opinions with the Employees but I think the best situation would be the Communications Workers for Customer Service and the TWU for Fleet Service. Curious about others thoughts on this matter.

Also...important to point out to many of you, this is not a purchase or takeover by either party. It is a merger. I think there will be some heart ache on both sides with the seniority issue, but I really think that the victorious union will try to do their best to find a way that works for everyone under the circumstances.
I know that I will need as much work place harmony as I can get, and I believe the unions will feel the same way. Both labor and management will need EVERYONE to make this work.

For the naysayers and doom and gloom folks from other now defunct carriers, I think that this merger is going to be different. Quite frankly, I trust the unions and the senior leadership of our new company!!
HP Manager
[post="274627"][/post]​

I agree 1000%!!!

hp_fa said:
Thanks for posting that on the AWA board. I feel so much better.
[post="269348"][/post]​

Instead of putting a fence around PHX that could keep PHX from growing I just thought I would throw this out there and see what the HP F/A think. What if each HP f/a was given and additional say 10 years but only if they stay in PHX. That should put you in a relative seniority this the rest of the folks at U. If you transfer east you would go date of hire. This should protect you from any kind of furlough and protect your bidding for trips in PHX if U people transfer west. What do you think? Also any new base would go date of hire for all.

Us/boston said:
Instead of putting a fence around PHX that could keep PHX from growing I just thought I would throw this out there and see what the HP F/A think.  What if each HP f/a was given and additional say 10 years but only if they stay in PHX.  That should put you in a relative seniority this the rest of the folks at U.  If you transfer east you would go date of hire.  This should protect you from any kind of furlough and protect your bidding for trips in PHX if U people transfer west.  What do you think?  Also any new base would go date of hire for all.
[post="275144"][/post]​
<_< U-----Sounds Like the TWA/aa deal! With a small twist! And if in the future,US decides to get reed of, or down size, PHX, then what???:down:

Well said,

I look forward to working with positive people like you!

:)

HP Manager said:
HP Manager
[post="274627"][/post]​

Gibstr said:
You forgot the first merger LAKE CENTRAL then MOHAWK, PSA and PIEDMONT that is USAirways as it is now
[post="264627"][/post]​

You missed Empire Airlines, circa 1985. NOT date of hire by the way...

flypg said:
You missed Empire Airlines, circa 1985. NOT date of hire by the way...
[post="275596"][/post]​

If I'm correct, Empire merged into Piedmont Airlines, not at date of hire, however, when US bought Piedmont they gave the Empire folks BACK thier date of hire.

Light Years said:
If I'm correct, Empire merged into Piedmont Airlines, not at date of hire, however, when US bought Piedmont they gave the Empire folks BACK thier date of hire.
[post="275612"][/post]​

LY,

I have no idea about anyone but pilots. Pre & Post-US/PI merger the Empire pilots got the same - Empire DOH on the F28 and merger date otherwise. Ironically, long after the F28's left, there is a single provision remaining from those days as far as I know - the former Empire pilots are furloughed by their Empire DOH.

Jim

Back