Nobody Knows

Why not just a code share across both systems. Then there is no integration of employees and if someone dies they don't take the whole system down :up:

Borescope said:
Why not just a code share across both systems. Then there is no integration of employees and if someone dies they don't take the whole system down :up:
[post="265085"][/post]​
WHAT??? Together the company will not die. Apart they will not die either.

This is just my 2 cents on this topic. Twicebaked is 100% correct. We are both AFA-CWA, and that means no matter what it will be seniorty rules. But, the good thing for those at AW is that 500 F/A's at U just took the VFLR. 200 are leaving in june, 100 in sept, and 200 in Dec. They are all 1986 seniorty and below. Alot are from the 60's and 70's. So know matter whom aquires whom it will go seniorty..if it ever happens.

xoxo said:
This is just my 2 cents on this topic. Twicebaked is 100% correct. We are both AFA-CWA, and that means no matter what it will be seniorty rules. But, the good thing for those at AW is that 500 F/A's at U just took the VFLR. 200 are leaving in june, 100 in sept, and 200 in Dec. They are all 1986 seniorty and below. Alot are from the 60's and 70's. So know matter whom aquires whom it will go seniorty..if it ever happens.
[post="265139"][/post]​

Yes it's true, 500 took the VFLR for this year, but 472 are coming back from Voluntary Furloughs on June 1st. Not sure of what all those have for seniority though. :huh:

How about a lottery? Winner is the one that doesn't get picked.

I don't believe there are 472 coming back. It is much much less than that. Ask Pitbull what the actuall number is. There is however that amount retiring by the end of the year. We will be losing close to 1,000 flight attendants by the end of the yearr in early retirements and incentives alone. The average attrition rate right now is 75 to 100 a month. By the time the two groups of flight attendants would be intergrated, I don't think it will be that big of an effect on either side.

Light Years said:
Twice, how many F/As are leaving total, between the VFLR, retirements, and general attrition?
[post="265359"][/post]​
Hey Light,

Well, there are 500 leaving by December 2, 2005 with all three phases of the VFLR. There are 470 something leaving via retirement by December 31, 2005 and we are losing close to 100 a month. There are also many quitting since they couldn't get the buy-out. I would estimate by December 31, 2005 we will lose around 1,500 to 1,600 flight attendants. Let's see if I am close. :)

Light Years said:
Twice, how many F/As are leaving total, between the VFLR, retirements, and general attrition?
[post="265359"][/post]​

Will we now see better service as received on foreign carrier's or SWA and JBLU?

:p

skyflyr69 said:
Will we now see better service as received on foreign carrier's  or SWA  and JBLU?

:p
[post="265597"][/post]​
Better product or better service from the flight attendants? I don't believe the service product will change at all. I really don't think the flight attendants attitude is going to change much either. (This doesn't speak for all flight attendants.)

I think as the workforce is wittled down/re-expanded to a a more "willing" group the service will improve. People rave about the MAA F/As, because they CHOSE to come back, under pretty different circumstances because they love the job and have a great deal of pride in thier company and thier part of it. They learned it from thier senior counterparts who brought that culture from places like Piedmont and PSA.

Some people are done, they have been through hell and are lucky enough to be able to throw in the towel. There are still many who's situation allow them to continue thier US career, which is great. Combine them with the MAA and furloughed folks who are happy to be there, and there will be a difference in the general morale and therefore the service as well. Just my take on it.

I didn't feel like reading through 50+ posts. Maybe this was covered.

If dovetailed do any of people on layoff get recalled? I thought AWA had some new employees. Just wondering.

I seem to remember that the Piedmont pilots argued for some kind of 'ratio' integration of seniority. So that all pilots maintain their relative seniority. That made sense to me in that U/PI was basically a merger of equals. I understand that PI thought that its pilots were more junior and that there was some controversy about older pilots that switched to PI from TWA/BN/EA.

But it seems that in the case of HP/US that this sort of 'proportional' integration makes even more sense to avoid a windfall for the more senior pilot groups at US. Seriously, does anybody really doubt that U pilots would object to a 'proportional integration.' It wouldn't harm HP pilots. It might even benefit them considering the likely age differential and upcoming retirements.

I understand from these boards that flight attendents will be integrated by rule by date of hire. I suppose fences could help alleviate disruption until retirements and turn over take effect.

Also, I wonder if a alleged 'holding company' might ameliorate some of these disruptions. A holding company of U/HP and maybe republic and AirWis could operate with separate east/west and mainline/express operations and slowly integrate. Once some of U's retirements take place over say five years, the labor groups might be more similar.

ROW,
Let me tell you about that screwy "ratio" plan that the PI pilots put out. I was hired in June '78. In my class, I had a fellow who's dad was a very sr. c/o on the DC 9 -PIT, at the time. In fact , he was a check airman. With the "ratio" that the PI pilots put forth, if my class mate was hired with PI, on that date, instead of AAA, he would have been sr. to his dad by 134 numbers! That "ratio" thing was driven by ex. BI pilots, that PI hired in droves, who were trying to jump on every ones bones.
As one that has gone through 3 mergs., the last, a royal pain in the ass, I'm not looking for anything more than I have now.
I think seat protection, taged with having a block,vs being on reserve is # one. In other words, no one can come into a base and knock a c/o, f/o from block to reserve. No pilot can be bumped out of base. How can you argue that?
Here is the rub. Some bases will gain time, some will lose. It will be up to each Neg. Com. to bridge this. And each will be playing for keeps.
I also like the idea of a fence to protect PHX an LAX. 10 years? OK with me.
All of this is just idle chatter. Who knows if this will even happen.

Back