Nobody Knows

I got an idea for a new board game! I call it Airline Merger Risk. The idea of the game is to trick another airline to buy your bankrupt-dead airline. First,you have to convince the government and the public it's a good deal. :up: Second, you put out some bogus B.S. financial statements to lure sucker investors to buy into the deal. :D Third, get your High Seniority,Yes Voting employees to act like they will be best friends of the other airline's Low Seniority unsuspecting employees when the two airlines are merged. ;) The game is over when the High Seniority employees trick the Low Seniority employees to give DOH to them in the newly formed carrier, and the airline self-destructs from the resulting war that erupts. :p

Ramp Rogue said:
Why is everyone (for the most part) afraid of DOH? When you are hired you don't jump ahead of those that are already working, and those that are hired after you don't jump ahead of you when they are hired. Fair is fair, you fall exactly where your seniority allows you too, no more, no less. If you have 10 years, you don't jump ahead of someone with 11 years. Except the fact that the time you have is all you have, and make the most of it.
[post="276791"][/post]​

Tell that same line of BS to all the J4J victims. Instant left seat for ML pilots. What makes you think that the U employee groups won't/aren't trying to pull the same crap again.

I really don't believe that any of the folks here at HP have any false delusions about it being DOH. Most seem to feel that it is much better than being unemployed in the end.

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
I got an idea for a new board game! I call it Airline Merger Risk. The idea of the game is to trick another airline to buy your bankrupt-dead airline. First,you have to convince the government and the public it's a good deal. :up: Second, you put out some bogus B.S. financial statements to lure sucker investors to buy into the deal. :D Third, get your High Seniority,Yes Voting employees to act like they will be best friends of the other airline's Low Seniority unsuspecting employees when the two airlines are merged. ;) The game is over when the High Seniority employees trick the Low Seniority employees to give DOH to them in the newly formed carrier, and the airline self-destructs from the resulting war that erupts. :p
[post="276831"][/post]​

Why don't you just sit back, relax and wait until things unfold. Also, AW is not buying US. Wait and see. Mr. Parker is a smart guy. And so are the individuals that put this package together. It's going to turn out to be the best airline on the map.

[post="276831"][/post]​

You must be a very unhappy person. If you like I can get you the name of a good shrink to help with all this anger. Good luck

For those that are interested, at USAir we have three different seniority systems on the ramp. Hired before 1980 and you go by hire date. Hired between 1980 and approximately 1996, your seniority is adjusted if you were ever parttime. Hired after approximately 1996, you go by hire date wheteher you are parttime or fulltime. Colodney, schofield and wolfe are responsible for this seniority fiasco. The iam could have straightened it all out, but decided to leave it as it is. Thus you have ramp agents hired in the late 80's bidding ahead of agents hired in the early 80's. If when we merge, we don't go by strict hire date for everything, it will really be a fiasco.

Our ticket agents and reservation agents used to be in the same boat. When they voted the union down, stephen wolfe rewarded them by giving them their hire date seniority. When the #### ramp agents voted in the iam, he decided to punish the ramp agents by leaving the ramp seniority system in the mess that it is in today. That is why we still have 15 year agents bidding ahead of 18 year agents, and 19 year agents working while 23 year agents are layed off. Hopefully now you will understand why hire date seniority is of utmost importance.

Ramp Rogue said:
Colodney, schofield and wolfe are responsible for this seniority fiasco. The iam could have straightened it all out, but decided to leave it as it is.
[post="279434"][/post]​

How exactly is management responsible for the seniority provisions in your contract?

In just about every labor contract I've ever read or worked with, the articles on seniority within a workgroup are defined by the union. It's one of the few areas of a contract that normally aren't subject to the negotiation process.

Former ModerAAtor said:
How exactly is management responsible for the seniority provisions in your contract?

Because at the time we were non union, we didn't have a contract. When the union came in, those iam ba$tards could have straightened it out once and for all but they refused too. They left us in the seniority mess that we are in right now. The only thing that they care about is getting us paycuts and raising our dues. Hopefully when the merger is finished, we can get rid of the iam.

:down: ok lets set one thing right it is DOUG PARKER moron. ok so lets get to the senority thing Personaly I dont care providing tht an attempt is made to be fair to all concerned. Also non rev needs to be based around HP and list by check in not senority. The reason for this is simple, we at HP recieved less money but a better package of bennys. this included unlimited free travel on system. to be fair this was done by check in time.
:up: From the factual side of things, If HP didnt decide to merge I am not sure how relevent US senority would be in dismantling the airline and piecemeal off profitable assets of your company. That dosnt mean that you all should not be treated fairly, but simply to scream DOH is unfair to the HP people and also not a great way to intergrate our work force. My 2 cents is that the the DOH be mixed top US would be #1 the top DOH in HP #2 2nd US would be #3 2nd HP would be #4 and on down the line Just a thought

]
B6Busdriver said:
Really? Dave Parker says HP will face a liquidity crisis by the end of the year. HP might be doing better than U but that really isn't aying a whole lot.
[post="264234"][/post]​

:down: It is small minded and flustrated people like you that helped sink US now please crawl back to your cave and let HP and Doug Parker save your sorry ass :shock:
[post="276831"][/post]​

us employee's, I work in phx on the ramp, our union is twu and i understand that your union is iam. We here in phx want to know what you think of you unon? Do you like you union, have they been fair to you? Do you want your union to stay around after the merger? Our union dues are 1 hour of pay per pay paid, What is you union dues? Do you guys like the guys running your union? I don't know if you know much about TWU or not, but the union is not a bad union, it's just the people who are running it i ???? They really haven't done this befor so they are very fresh as far as running a union. I feel that if twu stays that we elect some new officers to run the union. Well any input would be great. We here in phx are very excited about the union and look forward to working with you. What is the feeling there at us about everything? Thanks inadvance for any infor. phx ramp

bulldog said:
:down: It is small minded and flustrated people like you that helped sink US now please crawl back to your cave and let HP and Doug Parker save your sorry ass :shock:
[post="280481"][/post]​
Easy Bulldog, this person works for AA, not US.

Okay US folks reading HP. How does this sound. UP to 40 flexi(buddy)passes per year. Unlimited flying at no cost on HP and express. Older children not in school able to fly and not have to use buddy passes--as a non dependent travler and at a lower price than guest pass travlers. That means all your 35 year old kids still get to fly. Free long and short term disability. Free vision. Better and friendlier managers and supervisors who really care about you as a person and the airline together. Remember a happy employee is a good employee who will bend over backwards to make this thing work. Oh yes, and schedules done on such a basis that summer months are all together in a bid--so you have more time with your family--more part time slots with 4 5 and 6 and 8 hour days.
Heck I could go on and on---but how does this sound to you?????? :up: :up: :up:

Back