Nobody Knows

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
US AIR was created by the merger of ALLEGHENY AIRLINES and MOHAWK AIRLINES.

Historically incorrect. Mohawk was acquired by Allegheny in 1972. This event no more created USAir than did the similar acquisition of Lake Central by Allegheny four years earlier, in '68.
The company continued as Allegheny Airlines until October of 1979, a year after the start of deregulation, when the name was changed to USAir.

Twicebaked said:
You people are under the impression that US f/as can come into PHX and run you out of Dodge. It's not going to happen. If the base isn't open for transfers, no one is coming in. If you are there, you will remain there.

Those not associated with US or AWA need to keep their thoughts to themselves and their friggin mouths shut. USAir went through many many mergers and they were all DOH and things worked out fine. Everyone is assuming that AWA is the buyer and that US needs them to survive. It may turn out to be the other way around. Don't hope that US employees are stapled to the bottom. Again, if US acquires AWA, you wouldn't want it done to you. Becareful what you wish for.

An earlier post stated that this can work. It will.
These other airlines hope it falls apart to protect their own asses. We are employees of these 2 companies and nothing more. It is not in our control.
As long as we all still collect paychecks....what is the hipe about?
[post="264283"][/post]​
First, I can say whatever the hell I please and if I want to say something to the AW people I have that right (last time I checked the first amenment was still there). Second, if it is a dovetail then the HP people are screwed because they will start to see the US people filter into LAS and PHX through transfers and once they are there they will be at the top of the seniority lists in those cities. And if there is a subsequent layoff guess who goes out the door? That's right, the HP people. And as I stated earlier, LAS and PHX are much more desirable then the US bases. When the TWA/AA deal was first announced, the TWAers were all talking about how they were going to use their 35 and 40 years of TWA seniority to go to AA's best cities and be at the top of the seniority lists in those cities. PHX, TUS, and LAS were the types of cities they desired. But as it turned out, the only place they can use that 35-40 years of TWA seniority is in their origional TWA bases (STL and MCI).

US AIR was created by the merger of ALLEGHENY AIRLINES and MOHAWK AIRLINES. They are the original "DOVETAILED" airline and they will demand to be "DOVETAILED" if AWA merges with them!
[post="264285"][/post]​
:down: :down: WRONG>> Appaprently u dont know airline history. USair was a name change in 1979 from Allehegeny airlines. The Mohawk merger happened years before that, along with Lake Central even earlier!!! U should get ur facts straight before u go spouting off!!!

Whatever! The ALLEGHENY-MOHAWK merger was used by the CAB to set standards for seniority integration in the airline industry. For your information,it doesn't matter whether it's called a buyout,merger,etc. the ALLEGHENY-MOHAWK decision considers it a merger! All I can say to AWA people is "DANGER! WILL ROBINSON! DANGER! DANGER! WILL ROBINSON! DANGER!

Whatever! The ALLEGHENY-MOHAWK merger was used by the CAB to set standards for seniority integration in the airline industry. For your information,it doesn't matter whether it's called a buyout,merger,etc. the ALLEGHENY-MOHAWK decision considers it a merger! All I can say to AWA people is "DANGER! WILL ROBINSON! DANGER! DANGER! WILL ROBINSON! DANGER!
[post="264353"][/post]​

do you need a MIDOL drip?

What's the matter USAIR employees? You don't like me warning the AWA people about of pitfalls of airline mergers? Don't like me warning them about how the USAIR people will lie,cheat,and steal to get their lousy airline bought out so they can save their YES VOTING asses? AWA people beware of the Venus Flytrap(USAIR)

I don't take Midol, but I do drink SKYDROL. :up:

Just some food for thought: right now the average USAirways Pilot is 55 years old. Thats over 2500 pilots retiring in the next five years. (If the age 65 rule does not happen) Good luck to us all.

What's the matter USAIR employees? You don't like me warning the AWA people about of pitfalls of airline mergers? Don't like me warning them about how the USAIR people will lie,cheat,and steal to get their lousy airline bought out so they can save their YES VOTING asses? AWA people beware of the Venus Flytrap(USAIR)

I don't take Midol, but I do drink SKYDROL. :up:
[post="264411"][/post]​

Sorry SWEETIE, I'm not a US employee. I'm a customer. I fly more than I'm home too. I'll take a US, UA and HP employee over an AA employee anyday.

Remember, your job relies on the likes of me and those you're serving.

aafsc said:
First, I can say whatever the hell I please and if I want to say something to the AW people I have that right (last time I checked the first amenment was still there). Second, if it is a dovetail then the HP people are screwed because they will start to see the US people filter into LAS and PHX through transfers and once they are there they will be at the top of the seniority lists in those cities. And if there is a subsequent layoff guess who goes out the door? That's right, the HP people. And as I stated earlier, LAS and PHX are much more desirable then the US bases. When the TWA/AA deal was first announced, the TWAers were all talking about how they were going to use their 35 and 40 years of TWA seniority to go to AA's best cities and be at the top of the seniority lists in those cities. PHX, TUS, and LAS were the types of cities they desired. But as it turned out, the only place they can use that 35-40 years of TWA seniority is in their origional TWA bases (STL and MCI).
[post="264327"][/post]​
You've got some serious issues and anger management issues dude.

You know what. What is going to happen will happen NONE of us have a say. So, butt the hell out Princess. You have some serious issues as well.

OK, I will! I was only trying to warn you of what's going to happen.
[post="264462"][/post]​

If anybody knows anything about mergers its US Airways employees. They know the good, bad, and ugly. Hopefully, that experience will provide valuable insight in what and what not to do if there is indeed a next time.

OK, I will! I was only trying to warn you of what's going to happen.
[post="264462"][/post]​

B)

Well.

I'm warning you that your eyeball is about to burst out of your head and onto your computer screen if you don't calm down.

Light a candle, take a bath, have a smoke, put on some Enya. Then when you calm down, if you would like to talk about other airline's business ventures, might I suggest you get your facts straight. Your Allegheny-Mohawk history is way off, and you paint US Airways employees as mean seniority stealing banshees. Whether one was hired by Allegheny/USAir, Piedmont Airlines, Pacific Southwest Airlines, or even if one went the Eastern Airlines-Eastern Shuttle-Trump Shuttle-USAir Shuttle route to US Airways, they all have thier seniority. Date of hire. Seems pretty fair to me.

Seniority is all we have. I know, I'm furloughed- and I should be, that's how seniority works.

Whatever! The ALLEGHENY-MOHAWK merger was used by the CAB to set standards for seniority integration in the airline industry.
[post="264353"][/post]​

Princess,

For YOUR information, Allegheny/Mohawk LPP's are very simple, and very fair actually. They simple state that the respective employee groups will attempt to reach a mutual agreement on combining their seniority lists together, and if they can't reach agreement, binding arbitration will take place, and the neutral arbitrator will then make the decision for them. That's it.

That's why the greedy types that want to do the staple job, either want to do a prenuptial agreement in advance, or get the acquired group to give up the LPP's, so they can then screw them over. They're afraid to go to arbitration. You can guess who they(you) are.

supercruiser
(been through 3 airline mergers)

Back