IAM topic of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please explain exactly what Section 6 is for anyone never having been union. And, what exactly is the 60 day rule, also. Thank you.
In your contract's duration article it stipulates that within 60 days of ammendable date that either party may file to reopen the contract, or something to that effect. When the TWU did that, section 6 became a part of your agreement and pertained to furthering your contract through traditional negotiations. The TWU did this for one year and already had 6 or 7 articles agreed to.
This means that the IAM must enforce it. The District Chairman instead opted to agree with the company to shelve your negotiations since the company told the IAM that it wanted a transition agreement. This hasn't happened and your company has explicitly indicated with its latest offer [over 2 years now] that it has no intention of getting a transition agreement. That is why many of us are saying we must revisit the section 6 negotiations since they would get things rolling before 2009. While transition talks alone might have been a reasonable path to ponder, after 2 years of waste, it's time for the District Chairman to recommence section 6. The alternitive would be for everyone to wait till 2009. That's not nice.

Click here and post letter

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

My bad. Most of the east class II's (as seen on p. 122 of the 1999 FSA) are outsourced. I did not consider a fair amount of the class I's on that page are now class II's (y'all see how it works? death of a thousand cuts)

From what I read, the company wants the class II (read: outsourceable) virus to spread to the west.

That is to be resisted mightily.

Here's a thought for class I stations:

"First they came for the Communists,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I wasn’t a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn’t speak up,
because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me,
and by that time there was no one
left to speak up for me."

by Rev. Martin Niemoller, 1945, regarding Nazi Germany.

With apologies to the reverend:

First they came for caterers
and I didn't speak up because I was not a caterer.
Then they came for utilities
and I did not speak up because i am not in utilities.
Then they came for class II stations
and I did not speak up because I am in a hub...

An injury to one, my friends, is an injury to all.

ATTN. COMPANY I. T. MONITORS

Be sure to get Humingbird the letter Nelson wrote today.
Tim, you hit the nail on the head today. Furry has developed throughout the
fleet system. It's time for the district to move forward, it's time for cheap suites to
prove if he has grit? Put me in for the dfr fund if it goes fwd. Rome is burning and the rat's will soon be running, I of course, used to living on low income shall set back and enjoy a bottle of
cheap wine and laugh internally as I read more of these post.

Humingbird, cheapsuites, cheeks and all others, the perfect storm is brewing.

ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS STANDING IN SOLIDARITY:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They's posters that frequent these here forums tahh calculatedly enter posts that attempt tahh engage us in “Negative Psychological Warfare†or NPW.

Their posts are designed tahh confuse, distract, instill doubt, and fear intahh tha membership.

These posters are “plantsâ€ahh unknown origin, and are simply tryin’ tahh weaken our resolve with lengthy well written diatribes. They generally attempt tahh convince yahh of negative aspects regardin’ yer collective bargaining stature.

I would like fer y’all tahh write tha followin’ questions down, or simply copy ‘n paste
um in tahh a word file. When these posters appear in our forum and attempt to engage yahh in debate… simply post these questions for um to answer before havin’ any further communication with um !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Question 1: Are you a member of the Fleet Service Classification (Yes or No)

Question 2: Should the Fleet Service Classification accept any future
collective bargaining agreement, which is considered less than the current legacy
carrier industry standard? (Yes or No)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use tha below samples of their response tahh determine it they ahh NPW.

Question 1: No or no answer = NPW
Question 2: Yes or no answer = NPW

Question 1: Yes = one ahh us!
Question 2: No = one ahh us!

Mr. Districtforce, Jester, 'n Shocker… please report to us… if ya’ll run intahh any these NPW’s !

to Roadbilly-

That sense of humor you got going is getting annoying. If you are going to be into the issues, drop the lingo. You seem to have plenty to say. But Uncle Remus is in another category. Thanks.

In your contract's duration article it stipulates that within 60 days of ammendable date that either party may file to reopen the contract, or something to that effect. When the TWU did that, section 6 became a part of your agreement and pertained to furthering your contract through traditional negotiations. The TWU did this for one year and already had 6 or 7 articles agreed to.
This means that the IAM must enforce it. The District Chairman instead opted to agree with the company to shelve your negotiations since the company told the IAM that it wanted a transition agreement. This hasn't happened and your company has explicitly indicated with its latest offer [over 2 years now] that it has no intention of getting a transition agreement. That is why many of us are saying we must revisit the section 6 negotiations since they would get things rolling before 2009. While transition talks alone might have been a reasonable path to ponder, after 2 years of waste, it's time for the District Chairman to recommence section 6. The alternitive would be for everyone to wait till 2009. That's not nice.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Nelson, I read your letter and it is not only well spoken but I think it's a bullseye of how every member feels. Let's see, you pencil in the new direction and position the USair workers to be the determining force that will bring in Delaney, which forces Randy to change his tune, and then Al Hemenway gets you to support Randy. Did I miss something?

Well done Timmy, it's about time fleet service gets respected.

regards,
Tim Nelson

Nelson, I read your letter and it is not only well spoken but I think it's a bullseye of how every member feels. Let's see, you pencil in the new direction and position the USair workers to be the determining force that will bring in Delaney, which forces Randy to change his tune, and then Al Hemenway gets you to support Randy. Did I miss something?

Respect for fleet service will be measured by a fair and equitable contract and that has yet to be accomplished. Thanks for the kind words.

regards,
Tim Nelson

ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS STANDING IN SOLIDARITY:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They's posters that frequent these here forums tahh calculatedly enter posts that attempt tahh engage us in “Negative Psychological Warfare†or NPW.

Their posts are designed tahh confuse, distract, instill doubt, and fear intahh tha membership.

These posters are “plantsâ€ahh unknown origin, and are simply tryin’ tahh weaken our resolve with lengthy well written diatribes. They generally attempt tahh convince yahh of negative aspects regardin’ yer collective bargaining stature.

I would like fer y’all tahh write tha followin’ questions down, or simply copy ‘n paste
um in tahh a word file. When these posters appear in our forum and attempt to engage yahh in debate… simply post these questions for um to answer before havin’ any further communication with um !

Question 1: Are you a member of the Fleet Service Classification (Yes or No)

Question 2: Should the Fleet Service Classification accept any future
collective bargaining agreement, which is considered less than the current legacy
carrier industry standard? (Yes or No)

Use tha below samples of their response tahh determine it they ahh NPW.

Question 1: No or no answer = NPW
Question 2: Yes or no answer = NPW

Question 1: Yes = one ahh us!
Question 2: No = one ahh us!

Mr. Districtforce, Jester, 'n Shocker… please report to us… if ya’ll run intahh any these NPW’s !

Ok man whatever. Some one get the straightjacket.

answer one; yes

answer two; no

Happy? Why cant I just be a US ramper that is educated and understands given the circumstances of the industry and at US that Canale did a good job preserving my job? Just because I am not brainwashed or running on the No Direction slate like most posters on here are does not mean that I am wrong. I have my opinion and I am happy with it. I actually did one of the nominations in a US/UA station for Randy. Theres your one hint. Im sure Flip Flopping Tim will come on and try and get my name because that is how the ND team opperates thru fear and intimidation. Again bottomline Canale= better man for the job.

Thank you.

Hi DA.

answer one; yes

answer two; no

Happy? Why cant I just be a US ramper that is educated and understands given the circumstances of the industry and at US that Canale did a good job preserving my job? Just because I am not brainwashed or running on the No Direction slate like most posters on here are does not mean that I am wrong. I have my opinion and I am happy with it. I actually did one of the nominations in a US/UA station for Randy. Theres your one hint. Im sure Flip Flopping Tim will come on and try and get my name because that is how the ND team opperates thru fear and intimidation. Again bottomline Canale= better man for the job.

Thank you.

Hi DA.

Wow, a civil, straight answer with no sarcasm. I'm not sure I believe my eyes. This almost makes you sound like you are debatable. I almost enjoy your honesty. At least it's better than the brainwashing that you usually post about Canale and the Gang.

Congrats

the shocker,
"Happy? Why cant I just be a US ramper that is educated and understands given the circumstances of the industry and at US that Canale did a good job preserving my job?"

Cut the B/S D/B if your a US ramper you wouldn't have to go to the IAM website to look up OUR contract.. Your boy Canale is a very confused person right now

he now has a neg team that holds him accountable so no slick moves with him and AL under the table.. SO that leaves him to actually sit and neg . which he never has

done.. Big AL is leaving him out there to hang with not giving an inch .. SO now what can Randy do . it seems his play pal AL doesn't want to play and Randy doesn't have

a home to run to at US we locked him out..........

to Roadbilly-

That sense of humor you got going is getting annoying. If you are going to be into the issues, drop the lingo. You seem to have plenty to say. But Uncle Remus is in another category. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lith....

Yer gonna hafta put me on ignore....

Cuz I Ain't Changin' !

Suey....

Roabilly

answer one; yes

answer two; no

Thank you.

Hi DA.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear yahh Ms. Shocker....

Keep tha straightjacket.... but yahh can fetch me ahh beer !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lith....

Yer gonna hafta put me on ignore....

Cuz I Ain't Changin' !

Suey....

Roabilly
I don't see what the problem is here. You just happen to type the way I talk.

regards,
Tim Nelson

I support our new negotiations team which seems to be rallying around the newbies who are standing on the shoulders of the solidarity of 8,000 crazies like me. Clearly I support Rich Delaney over Randy since Randy has nothing to show and hasn't addressed section 6. However, Randy is in a sacred position on our negotiations team and when the company attacks a negotiations team member OR negotiates in breakrooms then I have a problem with that.

Letter to AL click here

The NEW DIRECTION WEBSITE click here

regards,
Tim Nelson, email here
Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

I support our new negotiations team which seems to be rallying around the newbies who are standing on the shoulders of the solidarity of 8,000 crazies like me. Clearly I support Rich Delaney over Randy since Randy has nothing to show and hasn't addressed section 6. However, Randy is in a sacred position on our negotiations team and when the company attacks a negotiations team member OR negotiates in breakrooms then I have a problem with that.

(quote from Tim Nelson)
" The fact is that you got your feelings hurt when we offered $20hr and you came back with this latest goofy and 'kidlike game' and offered your most ridiculus proposal to date. And when the negotiations team got up and walked out on your ignorance, as you stood up and said something like 'we can work on this merging of the west', there was no deal and nobody listened to you. They walked out on you because you insulted their intelligence. " (unquote)

Tim is exactly right-
You negotiate like you still hide behind the cloak of bankruptcy Judge Mitchell. These are different times and we are 4 yrs removed from that situation. How dare you come here from the old Usairways Regime to take from the America West employees without any regard for, how hard they've worked and what they have endured, to have earned where they are. Doug left us all ( in his townhall meetings) with a glimmer of hope that maybe the tide would turn for us all. I for one thought it was a great mix of airlines in the beginning, only now to find that " The leopards spots never change ". To try and impose bankruptcy language on those that aren't responsible for BK is obsurd. Come to an even playing field. Come to this forum and not a place where the audience is a captive one. Tell us all about the trials and tribulation of LCC (low cost carrier w/$3 billion) off the backs of employees. To air laundry on a company website is anti-productive and insulting. You have come along way, as I, Psa/Piedmont/Usairways and now this. I hesitate, only because of the people I work with, to call this a failure. But, if this company can not appreciate its' employees, even after concessions in 2 BKs', then there really is no hope.
A good upper management team would realize its' most valuable possession is its' employees and reward as such.

Getting late...Time to go....( YOU THAT IS ! )

SOLIDARITY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back