IAM topic of the week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once this new contract comes out Canale is a lock.

Canoli is a lock for what? The unemployment line? And I agree with theo corner, if it is "industry leading" for Fleet Service and not the company, I too, will apologize. But Canoli's track record says it will be in favor of the company not the workers.

I think the ol IAM is currently too worried about losing the Northwest fleet workers when they merge with Delta. Delta ramp is going to vote the IAM down!

There are more NW ESE than DL Fleet.

DL is only staffed at 15 stations and NW has 40, sheer numbers alone, DL cant stop it.

Sorry man nomination Scoreboard. :lol: Look these no names running for election on the ND team wont be able to compete. Once this new contract comes out Canale is a lock.

Check out my updated personal photo.

And quit calling me she.

SDA u know u miss me.
Canale wants to bring back junk but he has a new negotiations team that won't allow him to. Any TA that comes back will have to pass the template of the 'newbies', then it will come to the members. Canale has basically been shoved to the sidelines and any credit from getting a new TA that can get passed will go to the rank and file, certainly not Canale who already inked his name to job losss and benefit loss. The last TA was "The Best he could do". The newbies are standing on the shoulders of the masses, unlike DZ, Boss Canale, and BC and other sellouts.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

jester
"And you would be wrong... if that was the case, then the various BK courts through the several airline bankruptcies wouldn't have told management to go back to the negotiation table and hammer out something both side could accept. There was a requirment of "good faith" to be demonstrated by management. I am not going to tell you that there weren't some large cuts in pay, but frankly, I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that if Management could have voided the CBAs and slash pay in half, they would have done so in a heart beat, thus employees were given a much higher priority than most creditors."

first let me say that I won't run to the mods on you .. But I take OFFENSE to you trying to tell us what happened and what didn't happen in BK>. Guess what pal YOU weren't there. SO your opinion on that is strictly that.. And the fact that you want to argue facts about something you WERE NOT apart of is very insulting.. So why don't you stick to your how great SW is and leave

OUR HISTORY books alone.....

Oh waaaa... going to run to the moderators because I suggest that employees are given a higher priority to claims in bankruptcy court than typical creditors??? Man-up!

I gave two examples for which employees were given higher priorities: 1) outstanding employees' health care expenses (self-insured company, in this case), 2) employees' debt relief when the now worthless stock they were required to purchase as condition of employment and the company still demands payment for an outstanding loan (America West Airlines).

We can argue how much priority or sympathy the contract union employees were given in bankruptcy, but if you compare those contracts to typical aircraft lease contracts, the company could have just told the aircraft leasers to take a hike along with their planes without any negotiations. I don't recall that being told to any of the US Airways employee groups, do you? It never happened, because I am sure that Management would have loved to void all their CBA's, re-hired most people back, but at half pay, if you didn't like it then turn in your badge. REALITY CHECK: It didn't happen, did it? You might not view it as preferential treatment because it wasn't so overt as the preferred treatment was within the legal frame work in the post- Frank Lozenzo era, but you were given protections and priorities that other contract parties did not have.

By the way, for those who claim there were no negotiations between the IAM and Management during bankruptcy, but was only a court ordered abrogation of fleet service's CBA: "(U.S. Bankruptcy Court Judge Stephen) Mitchell asserted that the IAM never engaged in serious negotiations with the company, instead offering only 'trial balloons.'" http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05007/438525-28.stm . Perhaps we are splitting hairs on whether further continued negotiations were ordered, but given the many months of futility to negotiate something both sides could agree, it appears Mitchell would have viewed it as a waste of time.

So Ruminates Jester.

There are more NW ESE than DL Fleet.

DL is only staffed at 15 stations and NW has 40, sheer numbers alone, DL cant stop it.
The NMB will have to rule class and craft (in other words) inside and outside ramp and customer service. And then a vote

Section 1113 mandates a company negotiates with the unions.

Employees and grievance are UNSECURED Creditors and get no preferences over secured creditors or any other unsecured creditors.

As far as good faith?

Gimme a break, the IAM M&R gave the company a complete CBA which met their ask, the company still rejected it, the judge abrogated it and the company won.

Section 1113 is not worth the paper it is written on, I know I was on the NC and lived it for several months.

The leases the company rejected in chapter 11 were fought by the lessors and they did negotiate with the lessors before they requested the leases rejected.

Section 1113 prohibits blanket rejection of CBAs, they have to negotiate with the unions, Judge Mitchell aka rubber stamp gave everything the company wanted including abrogation of M&R and Fleet's CBAs.

Employees are not given special treatment, all of the pensions were terminated yet they were funded enough to pay their obligations.

Past and future retirees had their healthcare eliminated.

I dont know where you getting your information from but it is totally false.

There were negotiations but the company's intent was abrogation from day one, I lived it for three months at CCY trying to reach a deal for M&R and the same occured with Fleet.

I gave two examples for which employees were given higher priorities: 1) outstanding employees' health care expenses (self-insured company, in this case),
So the courts made US pay for employee’s healthcare and some related benefits not so for the rest of the employees employment. US used the bankruptcy law to petition to abrogate all employees union contracts unless the employees agree to concessionary settlements. Bankruptcy court abrogation of the union contracts would leave employees open to any and all cut-backs management choose. In bankruptcy court documents and statements, US stated in blunt term that if it did not get the cost saving it wanted it would liquidate…the unions could not ignore that. CWA had to take a strike vote which was borderline action to take and the membership were willing to take action outside of bankruptcy court and were successful in improving the terms and eliminating some of the worst changes thanks to the strike vote a.k.a. $13.00 hr HP agent pay
Newbe you need to educate your self in the schools of hard knocks
http://www.donlinrecano.net/mp.dr3?p1=dock...0Airways,%20Inc

And M&R and Fleet had CBAs abrogated, ratified final offes from the company and IAM MTS, reached a deal as did pilots and agents and dispatchers.

US wanted what they wanted and had the judge hand it right over to them.

I sat in court during many of the hearings.

Healthcare benefits had to be paid by law and that was all handled in the first day of hearings and motions called bridge agreements, same was done with daily suppliers and vendors who had to get paid for the service US needed to stay in business.

And to answer your question I work for Nonya.

If this goof can't answer a simple question like this, I think that we as a group shouldn't even dignify any of his, or her, or his/her comments with replies or any acknowledgements whatsoever. "It" probably doesn't even have anything to do with f/s or the union. Just ignor "it" and maybe "it" will go away. If "it" can't tell us where "it" works and what affiliation "it" has with our union, than "it" has no business stirring the pot or having us even paying any attention to "it". :angry:

the negotiations team walked out of negotiations this morning. It's all across the system and people are pissed about the company's actions of disrespect. Word came down that ah disrespected our team with a less than adequate proposal.

i think it would be very good for Canale to put out what the company offered so people can know the company's actions and disrespect.

the negotiations team walked out of negotiations this morning. It's all across the system and people are pissed about the company's actions of disrespect. Word came down that ah disrespected our team with a less than adequate proposal.

i think it would be very good for Canale to put out what the company offered so people can know the company's actions and disrespect.

Times they are a changin...... it is no longer September, and a lot has changed! Enjoy your disrespect and poverty wages a little longer westies!

Times they are a changin...... it is no longer September, and a lot has changed! Enjoy your disrespect and poverty wages a little longer westies!

How did you get away from cheap suites long enough to type this? Yor supposed to be negotiating.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...ed=rss.business

United employees are upset about the tens of millions of dollars reaped by the company's executives since the carrier emerged two years ago this month from a bankruptcy restructuring in which they had to swallow substantial pay cuts and other concessions.

A leader of the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association said the unions are "getting ready for a fight" over a United merger proposal, which would give them new leverage on pay and work conditions otherwise locked contractually through 2009.
The latest evidence of anger came this week when the mechanics' union summed up the stance of the United unions' coalition by declaring that "United Airlines will not merge with another carrier unless we ... say it will merge."
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/5563710.html

The moves underscore the unions' ambivalence about another wave of airline consolidation and are meant to send a signal that workers' interests must be a priority in any deal.
"They not only have to include us, they have to address our concerns," said Sara Nelson, spokeswoman for the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA's division at United.
In exchange for support on a merger, Delta and Northwest's pilots likely would see wage increases that would return their salaries to pre-bankruptcy levels or better, UBS analyst Kevin Crissey said in a report this week.
"This equates to about $30,000 to $50,000 per year, or 25 to 50 percent," the analyst wrote, adding that other workers could also receive wage bumps. Concessions to labor could be even greater in a merger between United and Continental, he predicted.

Section 1113 mandates a company negotiates with the unions....

The leases the company rejected in chapter 11 were fought by the lessors and they did negotiate with the lessors before they requested the leases rejected....

Section 1113 prohibits blanket rejection of CBAs, they have to negotiate with the unions, Judge Mitchell aka rubber stamp gave everything the company wanted including abrogation of M&R and Fleet's CBAs.

Thanks for that admission, so the employees had Section 1113 rights which were not available to creditors? The company did not even need to speak with the lessors except to make arrangements for aircraft pick-up and could void the entire contract immediately. Usually the lessors complain about a company's delaying and stalling tactics to continue use of equipment without providing payment, otherwise the company has no obligation to speak with the lessor UNLIKE THE UNIONS!

You and many others have such an overwhelming sense of entitlement that even when given breaks, you don't see them as special treatment. One more time... if labor wasn't given special treatment, there would be NO CBA's on premise and pay would be probably half, and if you did not like it, then turn in your badge.

So Proclaims Jester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back