IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Banned
  • #1,441
yoyodyne said:
LOL

You get $2500/month for being an IAM shill?
Nice name calling again.

Ask WT what the $2,500 amount is all about, I dont get a penny from the IAM.

WorldTraveler said:
DL's frozen pensions are solely the responsibility of Delta Air Lines and not the PBGC; they, as with all liabilities are at the risk of DL's success.

thank you, sir.

did you run that by the moderators first?

I have consistently said that YOU, Kev, are the voice that should be speaking on the subject of representation of DL employees.

I also have a strong feeling that you might find some other ACTIVE DL employees who will participate if they recognize that their voice can be heard.

Round up a few of your DL colleagues and get them back into the discussion.

This IS a DL ACTIVE employee decision.

Run with it.
Take your own advice, you are NOT an active employee yet you post like you are one, you have no dog in the fight and you accuse others of the same behavior you do every darn day on here.

737823 said:
Agree if 700 stays out of the topic I'll do the same. But he can't attack me and you for not being DL employee when he himself has never worked a day in his life for DL.

Josh
How 'bout you just stick to the issues? I can't remember the last post from you that didn't involve castles or Sito.

WorldTraveler said:
I AM a Delta employee...
No you're not.

...And in the context of this thread, you are every bit the outsider you accuse others of being.

Get over it, and craft your arguments accordingly. I know you can do it.

WorldTraveler said:
This IS a DL ACTIVE employee decision.
That's right.

OTOH, this THREAD is for anyone that wants to participate, whether anyone else likes it or not.

I also have a strong feeling that you might find some other ACTIVE DL employees who will participate if they recognize that their voice can be heard.
Tell us more about what you're doing to help create that space...

• Banned
  • #1,444
Here is an interesting post from a CURRENT DL FA:

Pay and "Rumor Has It." The latest "Rumor Has It" details how the FA Group has received several pay raises over the past four years but does not use actual concrete numbers instead percentages. I was hired in 1977 and am at the the top of the pay scale. The figures below represent my yearly rate from 2004 to 2013.

12/312004 - $2254.20
12/31/2005 - $1777.04
12/31/2006 - $1777.04
12/31/2007 - $1848.16
12/31/2008 - $1903.60
12/31/2009 - $1903.66
12/31/2010 - $2058.76
12/31/2011 - $2058.76
12/31/2012 - $2148.12
12/31/2013 - $2248.20

The pay taken away from the FA Group after Delta's filing for bankruptcy, was in addition to cuts in insurance and rising out of pocket expenses for medical and prescription drugs. The FA Group's sick leave morphed into a program that does not reflect the realities of our work life environment. I have chronic bronchitis and every year end up having to drop trips or use the FMLA to protect my sick record and dependability. This results in my losing money when I am sick. (I fly FCO and ZRH both worth 20.00+ hours, which means after two sick calls my PPT is exhausted.)

Delta IFS claims we have received pay enhancements along with a 3% raise and profit sharing, which bring us up to parity with the rest of airline industry. I contend in actuality we are now back at where we stood in 2004 with the pay rate of $2254.20. You be the judge. I believe when you analyze the actual numbers it is clear we need legal representation. The EIG can do nothing about our pay and benefits. The Company Survey we were recently asked to complete is used to identify what are the important issues and benefits for all departments. We have unique issues just like the pilots and dispatchers that require our own legal representation and the ability to negotiate for our own pay and benefits.

• Banned
  • #1,446
Those are monthly rates, probably a typo.

And made you judge and jury to say the information means nothing?

That is from a CURRENT DL FA who is living it, not you who is a FORMER Delta employee.

Refute her information.

so what else is a typo?

honestly, you copy and paste information that is so obviously wrong.

And a topped out FA makes far more than that for even a monthly rate.

That rate is BELOW the average salary that the DOT says DL FAs make... there is no full-time topped out FA at any US legacy/network airline that makes $27,000 per year. NONE.

How can a topped out full-time FA make less than the AVERAGE?

Again, the garbage that gets posted here is simply beyond belief in that you think people will believe it.

• Banned
  • #1,450
WorldTraveler said:
so what else is a typo?

honestly, you copy and paste information that is so obviously wrong.

And a topped out FA makes far more than that for even a monthly rate.

That rate is BELOW the average salary that the DOT says DL FAs make... there is no full-time topped out FA at any US legacy/network airline that makes $27,000 per year. NONE.

How can a topped out full-time FA make less than the AVERAGE?

Again, the garbage that gets posted here is simply beyond belief in that you think people will believe it.
Do you not understand the meaning of average?

This is her personal earnings, not the average of everyone lumped together.

Keep spinning away

I do understand the concept of average. You clearly do not.

It is MATHEMATICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for someone at the top of the scale to be below the average of a group assuming she is a FT employee which is the way DOT statistics are reported.

The only way that it is possible for her to be below average is if she is a part-time FA. Given that PT FAs are part-time SOLELY BY THEIR OWN CHOICE, she/he is solely responsible for being below average or making so little.

And if she is part-time, it is meaningless to quote one's salary without knowing how much she/he works.

anyone with half a brain can pick up the error in the post you make.

The fact that you are in such a race to post without even looking at what you post to see if there is any element of truth to it is why there must continue to be checks and balances against the rubbish you throw on this board.

and to imagine that you actually think YOU ARE HELPING the union movement.

what an absolutely frightening thought.

• Banned
  • #1,453
And you are the most honest and honorable poster?

So please show the board how you are an employee of Delta then.

LOL.

You still cant admit DL cut the total amount of profit sharing to the non-union employees.

Last time I checked 10% is 33% less than 15%.

So come on and bold the $1.5 Billion figure again.

WorldTraveler said:
I'm sorry but those aren't annual rates.

Not even close.

the rest means nothing.
Actually, PPT and sick time accrual/usage are a HUGE issue amongst both groups vying for representation. The pilot's CBA only brought more of that to a head.

WorldTraveler said:
they grew tired of weeding thru garbage like this.
Please keep that in mind...

Actually, PPT and sick time accrual/usage are a HUGE issue amongst both groups vying for representation. The pilot's CBA only brought more of that to a head.
that may be... but if the argument about PPT is wrapped up in information that is so obviously wrong, then whatever message that could have been said on the PPT issue is rendered worthless.

Posting half truths (such as not stating that the FA is a PT employee of her/his own choice working X hours per month) is precisely why this board degenerates into a shouting match in the midst of stuff like this.

You are the one that should be calling BS on this stuff, not me.

And if you did, you would have the floor all to yourself.

Man up and I'll sit down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back