IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
That info bout the fa goes to show they deserve more that that thats a heck of a reduction. Kev are u saying the fas dont have much sick or things like that

Their sick time accrual/usage are tea in the ocean compared to the improvements the pilots were able to negotiate.

It was bad enough before that; seeing stark difference the latest DALPA CBA was just salt in the wound for many of them...

In fact, DL pilots' CBA offers considerably LESS in terms of sick time than DL pilot peers at other airlines have.

If DL pilots can't even get sick time policies comparable to the "best" in the industry, how can a union for ground employees make a promise that they will get benefits comparable to what other airlines have?

They can't.

The IAM is posturing once again about something they can't deliver - and also diverting attention from their disastrous performance at the carriers they do perform - where pay is stagnant and IAM represented employees are losing their jobs in droves.

• Banned
  • #1,459
And here is further clarification from the poster:

The rate I am citing is on each of our paycheck information towards the middle (When you look up paycheck information under My Self -Service.) My rate is at the top of the scale. For those that say they are making more money now, at what cost? Flying 110 + hours at my current pay rate = What I Made When I Flew 85 Hours.

WorldTraveler said:
In fact, DL pilots' CBA offers considerably LESS in terms of sick time than DL pilot peers at other airlines have.

If DL pilots can't even get sick time policies comparable to the "best" in the industry, how can a union for ground employees make a promise that they will get benefits comparable to what other airlines have?
Who's made a promise? Can you point us to it?

Dismiss it if you want, but to claim it's not a hot button issue amongst the IFS group is inaccurate at best.

so 700 and the IAM are here just to stir up stuff they can do nothing about?

This is the hot air campaign right?

No one said it isn't a hot button issue. I picked that up from you like a half dozen years ago.

The fact that it hasn't changed and the pilots don't have airline industry standard sick policies should leave no one believing that any union is going to change it.

Sick time is for average people who are sick. If you are worse off that average, you go on disability.

that's the way the vast majority of the businesses in the US see it.

DL's sick time policy is in line with the general business world - and more generous than it.

Here's reality: right now, for a LOT of people, the current set up is untenable. Many see representation as a viable mechanism to try and change that.

Now, can you point us to any specific promise that has been made? No?

so, it is a hot air campaign?

and you wanna go back to NW's policies.

convince the majority of your coworkers that a union might be able to improve the situation and you can give it a whirl?

I have a feeling that the vast majority of your peers would far rather have an extra month's worth of pay in profit sharing than a few extra sick days when compared to other legacy airlines.

By all means, if you think it is a pivotal issue and important for a lot of DL employees to trade away many of the things they already have, then go for it.

You do realize that with a union you have to negotiate for everything you have and the company is not about ready to give you something additional?

I can tell you DL employees use to get 55 sick days a year, after 11 years of service,..........great for a short term illness or recovery but certain groups would abuse it, turning short weekends into long ones, and we ended up with what we have today!

yes, I remember. actions do produce reactions.

DL employees were no different from any other company, though. Abuse happens when people have that much sick time with little accountability.

The vast majority of people are honest and don't want to see someone get something at their expense.

DL just happens to fix problems - which explains why they are doing as well as they are on multiple types of measurement.

WorldTraveler said:
and you wanna go back to NW's policies.
Me personally? You bet. Our sick time usage/accrual was light years ahead of what we have now, to say nothing of our OJI time.

I have a feeling that the vast majority of your peers would far rather have an extra month's worth of pay in profit sharing than a few extra sick days when compared to other legacy airlines.
I have a feeling they'd take both.

You do realize that with a union you have to negotiate for everything you have and the company is not about ready to give you something additional?
Yep.

Status quo is the jumping off point.

southwind said:
I can tell you DL employees use to get 55 sick days a year, after 11 years of service,..........great for a short term illness or recovery but certain groups would abuse it, turning short weekends into long ones, and we ended up with what we have today!
So you're okay with a few people f'ing it up for everyone else?

Why not hold the "abusers" accountable instead?

because normal people don't need 55 sick days (TWO MONTHS) per year.

If someone is sick for that long, they should be on disability.

It was an excessively generous policy which provided a great backup in the event something went badly wrong after several years.

But it isn't necessary and insurance serves the same purpose.

It's not coming back no matter how much a union may act like they can do something about it.

And if they can't do anything about it, it is all hot air to be getting people all worked up about it.

The current set up is nowhere near adequate. As you note, the company will not move upward out of goodwill.

The existing vehicles for employee voices to be heard are ineffectual at best- and in fact, and legally barred from addressing issues such as pay/benefits.

Given the above, the best possible solution is for representation.

If you feel FIT, EIG, surveys, or anything else come close, then by all means share specific reasons why.

southwind  how long ago was it when delta employees got 55 sick days a yr  after 11 yrs of service?  also did it accrue yr after yr?  would that explain being able to get 55 sick days a yr?     I know at US currently its 10 sick days a yr and it accrues yr after yr   not sure if it maxes out at 100 but someone better than me can answer that

whats the current policy for delta folks now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back