IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Banned
  • #1,111
1972524_10152344535476155_1818935733_n.jpg

Why is the IAM making promises of things that are not yet negotiated and ratified by the membership? Why does the IAM decry ready reserve at DL but willingly supported and added at Hawaiian?

Josh

desperate times calls for desperate measures....obvious with this never ending thread.  I check in
every once in awhile and nothing, nothing new here
just one posters platform to spread the IAM propaganda. AND that POSTER isn't even a Delta employee.                                                                         I love how those demand respect but when we voted
NO, there was no respect for the majority vote. NONE.  Hypocritical to no end.

BABABOOY said:
desperate times calls for desperate measures....obvious with this never ending thread.  I check in
just one posters platform to spread the IAM propaganda. AND that POSTER isn't even a Delta employee.                                                                         I love how those demand respect but when we voted
Unions say they about democracy, free speech, accountability, etc except when it goes against the interests of their organization and specifically their leadership.

Josh

• Banned
  • #1,117
Where does it say they are making promises?

It says the best way to handle things is have a union contract which is negotiated.

• Banned
  • #1,118
BABABOOY said:
Neither is 737823 nor are most of the posters on here.

Whats your point?

Censorship?

700UW said:
Where does it say they are making promises?

It says the best way to handle things is have a union contract which is negotiated.
Under the IAM how well has that worked out at:

USAir? (nearly three years and counting)

United? (Joke of an agreement with scope for only seven stations)

Hawaiian? (Concessions including ready reserve)

Boeing? (IP action to nullify membership on agreement full of concessions)

Lockheed Martin? (Major concessions during record profits including "sacred" pension)

and this is all only in the past several years, Fighting Machinisints indeed.

Josh

• Banned
  • #1,120
First of all it takes two parties to reach an agreement.

(Too hard to understand that process?)

NMB and the RLA control the process, not the IAM nor US.

US isnt negotiating in good faith and is waiting to hear back from the NMB.

UA and HA members ratified their agreements.

Boeing and Lockheed are not under the RLA nor are they airlines, they are manufacturing companies.

Apples to Oranges.

And once again, you change and deflect instead of answering what was asked of you.

Where in the flyer does it promise anything?

737823 said:
Why is the IAM making promises of things that are not yet negotiated and ratified by the membership?
Where exactly is any promise on this flyer made?

BABABOOY said:
Let's get real here. Your group's last vote obviously met the technical definition of a majority (of those that participated), but to think it means anything else is absurd. What those numbers tell people is that there was no real mandate, and that if anything, the IFS group is/was a group divided. To be honest, I don't see anything that shows that's changed over the last few years. If you think it has, by all means post it. Heck, we can call it "something new" in this thread. :)

no, Kevin, nothing has changed.

unions have been trying for decades to unionize DL's largest non-pilot workgroups, repeatedly without success.

There is nothing new.

The majority of DL employees know that based on what they have done at other airlines, unions will harm, not help, DL employees. 

700UW said:
NMB and the RLA control the process, not the IAM nor US.
Ahh I see using the RLA as a crutch and justification for sh**ty representation and leadership.

700UW said:
UA and HA members ratified their agreements.
And you reluctantly agreed both agreements suck. And I might add they were ratified with pitiful voter turn around and considerable messaging from union officials which was all incomplete and outright misinformation that did not represent the full context of those agreements.

700UW said:
Boeing and Lockheed are not under the RLA nor are they airlines, they are manufacturing companies.
While true that's beside the point. The point is the IAM leaders are out of step with and went against the interests of the membership and gave steep concessions from two companies raking in record profits with considerable order backlogs. The IAM is an was afraid they would move to RTW states, same as at Caterpillar in 2012. They would rather instill fear in the membership, give concessions and still collect dues.

Josh

• Banned
  • #1,124
Keep going off topic.

Where are the promises in the flyer like you claimed?

You arent an airline employee, never have been, you truly dont grasp the concept of the RLA.

Even though it has been explained to numerous times.

This is about IAM and Delta, not any other company, not about companies that arent even airlines who dont operate under the same laws.

But keep trying to throw the kitchen sink at the wall and see what sticks.

For the third time, where in the flyer does the IAM promise?

The whole thing is rife with lies. The IAM is passing this off as a sure thing to get people to sign cards and believe their nonsense. Until it is negotiated and ratified by the membership it means NOTHING.

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back