IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
ooh... so you can really make that 8.26% go even further with the company's help, Baba?

and I think the ratio is about 1 disgruntled in 10,000 - because they don't understand the way the US tax system works. Does anyone think they are going to be given /earn a check that didn't involve taxes? in the USA?

Baba--Are you referring to me or 700 here? 

If it's me, I think people should be happy, but at the same time recognize that we earned it. All of us. With everything we do everyday. Also, I think we (as in you & I) need to remember that for our coworkers that aren't topped out, these checks aren't the same "windfall" we might see them as. Just a thought.

WT-- I think people get that, but it's easy to forget when its implied that the PS check is somehow a gift. The higher than normal tax rate doesn't help.

Also, for those reading this that may not be aware, the company actually put out a link to show you how to calculate what you could expect. Just using back of the envelope math, I got to w/in $100-150 or so of the actual net amount...

not anyone in particular.... other than the "general" person who complained about not receiving what they expected.

since you said you had made the calculations - and I expect you do since you have indicated you are quite astute with finances - then the comment doesn't apply to it.

The principle still remains that there isn't much in the US that is tax free.

Ironically, airline industry STANDBY flight benefits are one of those few things.

Few other industries have anything even close to comparable.

• Banned
BABABOOY said:
For everyone 1 disgruntled employee there are 10 who are happy with the profit sharing.  If you
want to continue regurgitating from the WCDFA go for it, they're  anything but world class and 
many members are not even Delta F/A's.   

Simple math is that we are getting 8.2% of our Salary this year
vs
6.67% last year.  

I believe that is  8.2% more than 700UW

Some chose to put 100% into their 401K where Delta will ALSO match that...
And if it was left at 15% instead of being cut to 10% which is a 33% reduction, how much would you have gotten?

get over it, 700.

You don't get any. those that do are happy with what they have.

If they aren't, it is because they don't understand the tax system, not because they don't like the pay.

DL's profit sharing is top of the industry - at least in the US and probably the world.

I do believe about 10% are unhappy no matter what....  Just my observation.
and no Kev3188 I wasn't referring to you in my comments.
The WCDFA is the same group who feel that they know better than our Exec's
and feel that Delta should downsize ATL and spread flights to other
hubs because of Possible weather events.  enough said.

700UW said:
And if it was left at 15% instead of being cut to 10% which is a 33% reduction, how much would you have gotten?
I love how you conveniently leave out that 5% was moved to our PAY
I can't even say nice try lol....
How much did you get?

BABABOOY said:
I do believe about 10% are unhappy no matter what....  Just my observation.
and no Kev3188 I wasn't referring to you in my comments.
The WCDFA is the same group who feel that they know better than our Exec's
and feel that Delta should downsize ATL and spread flights to other
hubs because of Possible weather events.  enough said.
I hear ya. I'd also say about 10% are glassy eyed, and are happy no matter what happens. It's the other 80% that I find interesting.

I said it earlier, but WCDFA & NoWay might be long on reach, but are often short on substance.

I read the thread you're talking about. I think the OP's intent might've been misunderstood, but maybe that's just me. At any rate, flowing traffic over MSP/DTW (or SLC, or wherever) in the case of an huge anticipated weather event might be a logistics exercise worth exploring.

Kev can you comment on NWA profit sharing both pre and post bankruptcy? Curious to know what they offered.

Thanks.

Josh

Kev3188 said:
At any rate, flowing traffic over MSP/DTW (or SLC, or wherever) in the case of an huge anticipated weather event might be a logistics exercise worth exploring.

I think Delta could score a lot of points with customer service and the bottom line if they could be the first network carrier to master this-- or at least give it the ol' college try. It might involve having a lot of spare aircraft and some flexible scheduling rules (plus a lot of reserve pilots), however

not sure the relevance of DL's IROP passenger reroute to this topic but other carriers have certainly done the same thing... AA did a pretty good job of rerouting passengers around DFW when it was down for several days in Jan.
The challenge for AA and DL is that DFW and ATL are both so large relative to the rest of their systems that it is hard to reroute most of the passengers... but when you take out large portions of the local demand - either at ATL or DFW and the regions around, it is possible to keep as much of the connecting traffic moving over other hubs.

IN the case of this storm, it happened midweek in the winter so there was excess capacity via DTW and MSP as well as SLC in some cases. NYC was already being impacted so couldn't help as much.

All of the big 4 US airlines are nationwide and are not going to have all of their hubs/focus cities affected by weather at the same time.

As noted in DL's Jan traffic report, DL increased capacity, traffic, and RASM for the month of Jan despite the mess in ATL at the end of the month. It is precisely that kind of preplanning and using the full network that allows DL employees to get profit sharing even when bad weather strikes.

AdAstraPerAspera said:

I think Delta could score a lot of points with customer service and the bottom line if they could be the first network carrier to master this-- or at least give it the ol' college try. It might involve having a lot of spare aircraft and some flexible scheduling rules (plus a lot of reserve pilots), however

I think they would to. And of course, the PR dept. would immediately note that we were "first movers" in doing so. 

No one's gonna replicate ATL (or wherever's) volume in whole, but we certainly have extra capacity in some the hubs (and CVG & MEM) to absorb some strategically moved capacity in the interim. 

Might be kinda fun to try and map out. Hopefully, something like this is being discussed in the post-mortems DL's having...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back