IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
700UW said:
Yes they did lose, you are obstinate, getting only 10% is less than the 15%, and Delta unilaterally changed it.

Larger pay?

So when are you going to show us with facts that someone else besides the pilots will be getting almost a 20% increase from June of 2012 till the end of 2014, and increased contributions to their DCP?

No your pay growth lags behind WN, and its pay restoration, since all groups who arent unionized are still making less than when Delta filed Chapter 11.
Increases in Medical and Copays are taking away any pay restoration.

See actual Delta employees are posting the facts, not some retiree.
In the end it's "STILL" 10% more than your getting!

Cards are expiring and many not re-signing.....2 years into this futile attempt.
oh and don't forget the 1500 NEW F/A's coming in.   Something tells me they won't 
get many signed from them.   So the question remains, when do members of the IAM
get tired of spending so much money on a futile attempt?  Of course the power that be will 
want to spend every dime.  One would think there would be backlash from the dues
paying members seeing their money wasted.

• Banned
Maybe they didnt see that in their breakroom or galley visits.

Just so you know. A DL employee..which I am . Can use the employee web site to compare his income on 2/14/2013 then 2/14/2014 and see if they made more or less. Remember that the first check is the profit sharing and the second is regular pay. So just do the first and see if you got screwed like I did. I made more this year. Oh wait I didn't get screwed after all. Just imagine that. Hope others didn't get screwed also.

ALL DL employees got 8.26% of their salary in profit sharing, regardless of the workgroup.

Congrats to all.

Make 2014 even bigger.

• Banned
From a DL FA:

My profit sharing check was right at 5k gross, just under 3k net. 3k net divided by 12 months is 250.00 dollars a month. Or 5k divided by 12 is 416.00 a month. . Just saying. . 3k divided by 52 weeks in a year comes to 57.00 a week. Feeling excited, I think?

That money is withheld, meaning it is their estimated tax liability. At the end of the year depending on their other income, may be refunded or in the case for people such as myself, additional taxes are collected. Its amazing people complain about raises and bonuses from DL, I mean would they rather the company not provide any bonus? Seriously they could give six months pay and some of the types on WCDFA would still not be happy, unless of course it came about through the efforts of the union.

Josh

I get the high withholding rate, but it's still a bit of a buzz kill, even when you know it's coming.

That said, my biggest objection (for lack of a better term) is to the manufactured idea that the company is "giving" us these checks. We EARNED them.

incredible indeed. The IRS requires high withholding rates for lump sum payments like profit sharing.

As a side note, the US is also one of the few countries that taxes Olympic medal winners.

and all you have to do if you really have a low tax rate most of the year based on your usual earnings but end up with a lot of taxes because of profit sharing is to modify your tax status with the company so that you have no or minimal withheld from your regular salary.

A tax professional can help if someone isn't sure what to do. If you do your taxes with a tax service (which alot of people are beginning to think about) the service will help you minimize your withholding for this year based on your return.

Kev,
yes, DL employees ALL earned it as a team... even those who see issues differently....

I think most people get all of that, and/or do exactly what you've noted. Others use their 401k as a vehicle to mitigate the tax bite.

All I'm saying is that even when you know it's coming, know to expect, do the math to figure out your "net," etc., it's still kind of a bummer- even knowing you may get a chunk back next April.

For those that don't do that, it leads to a real disappointment.

For everyone 1 disgruntled employee there are 10 who are happy with the profit sharing.  If you
want to continue regurgitating from the WCDFA go for it, they're  anything but world class and 
many members are not even Delta F/A's.   

Simple math is that we are getting 8.2% of our Salary this year
vs
6.67% last year.  

I believe that is  8.2% more than 700UW

Some chose to put 100% into their 401K where Delta will ALSO match that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back