IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
no... I am running on all 8 out of 8 cylinders with twin turbochargers.

And in other news demonstrating that even government employees are at risk, the secretary of the US treasury will suspend pension funding for government workers.

Learn from the airline industry?

• Banned
WorldTraveler said:

you do realize that DL employees are MASTERS at yanking the company's chain about unionization efforts only to take the company's money and then tell the unions to take a hike don't you?

it's actually a well-oiled game in which the employees and DL both win... serious business, my friend - no games.
So now the workers are smarter than the All Knowing Delta Executives and "yank their chain"?

Is that why Delta is spending millions with Ford and Harrison to prevent a drive?

You are truly losing it and are delusional if you believe what you post.

Yep, thousands of Delta Employees are colluding with each other against Delta to get a raise.

You need to be drug tested.

WorldTraveler said:
obviously you are ticked that the word is now out that WN employees were topped in their profit sharing by DL employees.
Do you really think that Southwest Mechanics who are bringing home $20,000+ more per year than delta mechanics are worried that their profit sharing check was $1500 less than Delta's this year? Especially the ones who have been getting profit sharing checks for 30 years?

You are deluded.

By the way, how long has Delta been offering profit sharing?

now wait a minute, you have been arguing for years that DL just throws money at its employees to keep them from unionizing and then when I go down that same road, you now call me delusional?

Do you wake up and take cyanide for breakfast trying to see if you can send your nervous system into a meltdown?

DL pays its employees BECAUSE IT IS SUCCESSFUL. DL employees threaten unions because the company has money.

The only loser are the unions who get nothing. The employees don't have to deal with labor unions skimming off part of their salaries. The company only has to show its employees the disaster that is labor relations in the rest of the industry.

Where did I say that WN mechanics were the least bit worried because of DL's profit sharing?

I'm just noting that DL employees are bringing home bigger slabs of bacon today than WN employees because of the success of DL.

No one cares what happened in the past. There was a time when the sun never set on the British Empire. Today not so much.

History is to be learned from, not used to insulate one from today's reality.

as for the question of whether DL employees got a raise or not, the best evidence that it happened is that Kev refuses to prove me wrong. He'd be all over it if he could prove me wrong.

• Banned
Skimming money?

Union dues are tax deductible and I paid under $50 a month and I will glady pay dues to have a CBA with rules and regulations any day.

Not at Delta's whim, still waiting for the how many raises that the non-union people have gotten since the pilots will be getting almost 20% increases in salary from June 2012 till 2014.

WorldTraveler said:
. I'm just noting that DL employees are bringing home bigger slabs of bacon today than WN employees because of the success of DL
That is a lie. Southwest mechanics make $10/hr + more than Delta mechanics. That means they will take home $18,000 more than any Delta mechanic this year, and $400 more this week, ...you get the point.

• Banned
Now Glenn, you are posting facts, something he doesnt know how to use when it shows someone is doing better than Delta.

WorldTraveler said:
DL pays its employees BECAUSE IT IS SUCCESSFUL. DL employees threaten unions because the company has money.
And Delta is SUCCESSFUL BECAUSE OF IT'S EMPLOYEES.

What's your point?

as for the question of whether DL employees got a raise or not, the best evidence that it happened is that Kev refuses to prove me wrong. He'd be all over it if he could prove me wrong.
That would assume I actually find you relevant. After today's little stunts? Not so much.

At any rate, there's nothing to "prove wrong." DL employees have received pay restorations, and near as I can tell, no one's debated that, except for you. What was brought up- and what you've tried to elide over- is that over the life of their CBA, the pilots will see increases totaling 20%. No other group will come close. 

Since you want to use history to learn from, here's lesson 1: The days of "we get what the pilots get" are long gone.

700UW said:
I wonder when people who are (deleted by moderator) insult, attack and call the people they are preaching to names?

No group except the pilots will getting the 20% by the end of 2014.

Thats the facts, do I need to post it again?
I mean you know more than ALPA and the WSJ, right?
Become a pilot! What's stopping you?

Glenn Quagmire said:
That is a lie. Southwest mechanics make $10/hr + more than Delta mechanics. That means they will take home $18,000 more than any Delta mechanic this year, and $400 more this week, ...you get the point.

Math can be oh so inconvenient...

just because union dues are tax deductible doesn't make it any less about skimming money off of an employee's paycheck.
And for most filers, they tax the standard deduction and would have union or no union. The dues are money out of pocket - hundreds of dollars a year which only yields them less pay, a contentious environment from mgmt that takes years to get whatever pay raises they do get, and of course union salesmen who are looking for their commission and trying to get DL employees to sign up even while stiffing their current members.

No, perhaps SOME WN mechanics will make more....

and it doesn't change that DL employees will bring home larger profit sharing - AGAIN.

That number alone frosts the WN pride from one end to the other.

And ask the WN mechanics how many pay raises they have received over the past 3 years.

• Banned
Typical, keep dodging and changing the answers.

Seems someone went tattletale to the moderators.

WorldTraveler said:
The dues are money out of pocket - hundreds of dollars a year which only yields them less pay,
Speaking of math, I paid $46/mo. in dues. By doing so, I was saving well over $100/mo. in insurance costs alone.

and of course union salesmen who are looking for their commission and trying to get DL employees to sign up
Can you show us how you arrived at the conclusion that labor organizers are on a commission? I've never heard of that.

Surely, you're not just trying to wind other people up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back