IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you are entitled to post false information because of the occupation of someone else?

I don't think so.

You are wrong and you will be called out as such.

The WSJ didn't post comparative pay raises for other groups.

And neither did you.

I did.

You are DL management's best ally. Carry on. You help ensure that no other DL employees will ever unionize.

• Banned
Force Majeure said:
Please post the pilot raises. Then "World Traveler" can post the increases that the others will get.

The nearly 11,000 pilots will receive a 4% pay increase on this week, another increase of 8.5% in January and then two annual increases of 3%, according to an earlier union bulletin that explained the terms of the deal reached May 15. By the end of 2014, pay rates will be nearly 20% higher than they are today, ALPA said in that bulletin. A 737 captain who earned $153 an hour in 2008, the year Delta and Northwest Airlines merged, will be paid $217 an hour effective in January 2015.

700UW said:
http://iamdelta.net/survey.html

surveyresults.jpg

I believe they used flashy presentations like that to sell the UAL ramp down the river.... And probably soon also the PMUS ramp...

lets see here....  8.5% in jan   followed by a pair of 3% by may   hmm no other group is getting that kind of raise at dl...   wonder how all of the rest of the delta folks feel about not getting that raise     i bet them pilots are happier than pigs in mud with that!

robbedagain said:
lets see here....  8.5% in jan   followed by a pair of 3% by may   hmm no other group is getting that kind of raise at dl...   wonder how all of the rest of the delta folks feel about not getting that raise     i bet them pilots are happier than pigs in mud with that!
can you at least come up with an original argument instead of repeating the same thing that 700 does, esp. since it is WRONG?

DL's other employee groups received 3-5% pay raises in EVERY YEAR that DL also gave the pilots raises.

The union movement absolutely HATES comparisons... they love to throw data out, regardless of whether it is in context or not.

saying that DL pilots got 20% pay raises above what other DL employees got is COMPLETELY and FACTUALLY INCORRECT.

DL pilots netted about 3% more in pay increases over the same period of time and in order to get that they gave up scope and scheduling flexibility. No other group did the same.

There is no basis for arguing that DL pilots fared any better.

But what the real point is that DL employees GOT ANYTHING while DL's unionized peers, including you, robbed, have got NOTHING for years.

How do you possibly have the nerve to try to throw dirt at DL when you have based your user name on the fact that your employer has robbed you over and over again, despite the hundreds of dollars in unions dues you pay every year.

Clean up your own house before you worry about finding fault with someone else.

southwind can confirm that DL employees received pay raises over the past several years.

Further, Josh's question remains unanswered, yet another comparison which the IAM doesn't want to make.

hows it wrong wt  when the other groups are NOT getting that kind of raise except the flippin pilots???    so bec josh quest is not anwered yet you yourself sidestep questions too..   you sure think you are always right and no one else is   you also think delta is the flippin goddess king of all airlines
fact is delta is a good well run airline    yes  ual and us and aa are but just like the 3  delta also has their faults too.  

josh  as for pmus  i do not think we will be sold down the river..  both iam groups long ago asked to be released   the pressure is on the nmb to do something bec us mgmt made it quite clear that iam groups wont be getting a dime...  check out iam141.org   

now back to our reg schedule bickering n b!tchin  :)

700UW said:
Did I or anyone say that?

Unionized Pilots at DL do pretty well, and everything is negotiable, everything, and a CBA is better than being an employee at will, well at least over 7,000 FAs took the time to fill out the survey.
To me, that's really the story of that graphic. Over seven thousand F/A's took the time to complete the survey. Seven thousand. That's not a number one can easily dismiss.

WorldTraveler said:
DL pilots get the same percentage of profit sharing that other employees get.
You sure you're not leaving any thing out there? Anything that might put the whole thing in context?

WorldTraveler said:
you are such a moron.
Classy.

BTW, at what point did you decide that name calling was an effective strategy?

To get that 3% pay increase, the DL pilots gave up scope and allowed the company to add more large RJs, defer heavy maintenance on the small RJs, and increase pilot schedule flexibility.
At least they had scope in the first place. Tell us more about what sort of scope ACS employees have.

737823 said:
The IAM can survey all they want, their surveys are of no consequence to DL or DL employees. Besides on the IAM surveys UA employees identified healthcare and scope as their top items, how well did work in the past two T/As and subsequent CBA? If they won't bother acting in the feedback from the membership why bother surveying them?

Josh

Is there a reason you continue to conflate sh*tty leadership in one DL with organized labor as a whole? I don't equate you with Madoff, or Milken, or any other shyster out there, yet you insist on doing just that to everyone else here, only to feign shock and hurt when people tell you to pound sand.

You already know that DL F/A's will have their own elected reps, right? That they'll have their own district?

Force Majeure said:
Please post the pilot raises. Then "World Traveler" can post the increases that the others will get.
Yes, please do. Also list the sick time accruals for both the pilot & F/A groups. Heck, why not throw ACS in there as well?

700UW said:
http://unionbustingplaybook.com/#intro

So predictable you union haters are.
Let 'em.

no, robbed,I don't think I am always right. But when I do argue a point I make sure I have my facts in a row.

Arguing that DL pilots got a 20% pay raise and then failing - intentionally or accidentally - that DL's other employees didn't get the same thing is flat out sloppiness at the least and deception (lies) at the worst.

If I've left anything out, Kev, please be sure and include it. DL's non-pilot personnel received pay raises equivalent to to higher than the pilots in every year except one when the pilots received pay raises of about 3% higher than DL's other employees. IN order to get that pay raises, DL pilots allowed the company to add more large RJs and gave the company increased schedule flexibility.

DL pilots have also received an increase in pension funding but the PMDL pilots are the only workgroup at DL that had their pensions terminated and not just frozen.

Tell me what I have missed and how the DL pilots got a better deal.

As for non-contract scope, you have it whether it is in writing or not. If the company is so free to change the terms of your employment at will, then why do you accept their paycheck since it is no more rock solid than the flat screen TVs they use to show you their propaganda in your break rooms? You can't accept their pay and profit sharing which is at or above what your peers have and then argue that you have no scope because it isn't in writing. Your pay and profit sharing isn't either but you manage to enjoy it just the same.

sorry, but if you want to argue that DL is free to change any term of your employment at will, then you can't argue that you earned anything and spend the pay that DL has given you - which is at or above many of your peers in the industry - while at the same time arguing that you don't have any scope protection while your peers at other airlines are being forced out of numerous small and medium sized cities and even from hubs.

You can't have it both ways, Kev. Either you have no protection and you can't enjoy what the company is giving you or you can argue that there really is not benefit to what DL provides you and refuse to accept anything they give you that is better than your peers.

You can't BOTH argue that your at will employment at DL is inferior to what other carriers offer because you have no protection while at the same time arguing that what your peers have is superior. If what you have is not superior, then accept only as much as your peers at other legacy carriers get - job reductions included.

• Banned
The nearly 11,000 pilots will receive a 4% pay increase on this week, another increase of 8.5% in January and then two annual increases of 3%, according to an earlier union bulletin that explained the terms of the deal reached May 15. By the end of 2014, pay rates will be nearly 20% higher than they are today, ALPA said in that bulletin. A 737 captain who earned $153 an hour in 2008, the year Delta and Northwest Airlines merged, will be paid $217 an hour effective in January 2015.

Aside from the higher pay rates and an increase in the company's contribution to the pilot's pension plan in 2014, the Delta pilots won increased flying as the airline is acquiring 88 small Boeing Co. BA +3.55% 717s jetliners that will be flown by them, not pilots at Delta's commuter affiliates. In return, the pilots will let Delta add 70 smaller jets to its regional airline operations and require Delta to phase out some of the smallest 50-seat jets flown by the regional affiliates.

you've said that about a hundred times. No one is disputing that.

what you absolutely refuse to do is acknowledge that other DL employees also received pay increases.

I know it is difficult for you not to market just snippets of information, but instead of just using biggger and bigger fonts to say the same thing, do you think you could tell the whole story? DL employees actually know they received pay raises.

They also know that DL pilots gave up scope and are the only group at DL that had their pensions TERMINATED, not just frozen, in BK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back