IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any push to get ALPA and PAFCA off the property? Why would the Delta employees represented by these unions not want to share the benefits and advantages that the other groups enjoy?

• Banned
Glenn Quagmire said:
The question that I would ask is: do F/A's at other airlines who are union get pay protection when a scheduler cancels or rearranges their trip? If they do and Delta F/A's don't, then the post that started this latest flurry is worthy of discussion.
The post I reposted from WCDFA shows that the DL FAs didnt get paid for the trips they missed as they didnt make it back in time to make those trips.

Kev3188 said:
You countin' retirees and alleged "finance men" in that mix?
I counting people who have absolutely no connection to DL, other than they were or are in the airline business,overly and aggressively pushing an agenda,that will have absolutely no bearing on their finances or life, more than an active, retired or Finance Dude "With" connections to DL !

• Banned
http://iamdelta.net/survey.html

surveyresults.jpg

If all those figures, on your little chart above are correct, the union is a shoe-in...........correct?

but this doesn't begin to say that the IAM or any other union could ensure that DL FAs will gain these things.

It's kind of hard to imagine how the percentages for all of these "wish lists" are not 100%.

• Banned
southwind said:
If all those figures, on your little chart above are correct, the union is a shoe-in...........correct?

Did I or anyone say that?

WorldTraveler said:
but this doesn't begin to say that the IAM or any other union could ensure that DL FAs will gain these things.

It's kind of hard to imagine how the percentages for all of these "wish lists" are not 100%.
Unionized Pilots at DL do pretty well, and everything is negotiable, everything, and a CBA is better than being an employee at will, well at least over 7,000 FAs took the time to fill out the survey.

DL pilots get the same percentage of profit sharing that other employees get.

DL pilots relative to other carriers rank very similarly to other airlines.

You seem focused on trying to whip up pilot envy as a union organizing technique. DL employees know what job they do and how they rank relative to their peers at other airlines DOING THE SAME JOB.

If this is the line of thinking you want to go down, where are your pilot vs non-pilot comparison charts for other airlines?

• Banned
So how come no other group at Delta in a two and half year period from June of 2012 till the end of 2014 wont get a 20% raise like the pilots?

And compare the negotiated profit sharing that a pilot takes home to a FA, or ACS, who's is larger?

you are such a moron. And one who continues to push points which have been shown to be incorrect.

DL pilots are getting about a 3% pay increase in pay over DL's other employees over the same period. You can't seem to accept that DL's non-union employees received pay increases of 3-5% in every year that the pilots also received increases. And of course you don't want to admit that DL actually gave pay raises to non-contract employees but they did.

To get that 3% pay increase, the DL pilots gave up scope and allowed the company to add more large RJs, defer heavy maintenance on the small RJs, and increase pilot schedule flexibility.

Many pilots believe - and DL mgmt supposedly said as much - that the pilot contract was a cost neutral contract for the company. DL pilots picked up work done by DCI carriers and pocketed the maintenance savings but the company isn't spending more on the pilots, if a number of pilots are to be believed.

DL employees get the same percentage of profit sharing - across the board. There is no larger percentage.

Your continual harping on points which are simply wrong shows why you are absolutely the most damaging influence to the union movement that DL employees could see.

Carry on.... you are DL management's most effective ally.

The IAM can survey all they want, their surveys are of no consequence to DL or DL employees. Besides on the IAM surveys UA employees identified healthcare and scope as their top items, how well did work in the past two T/As and subsequent CBA? If they won't bother acting in the feedback from the membership why bother surveying them?

Josh

• Banned
I wonder when people who are (deleted by moderator) insult, attack and call the people they are preaching to names?

No group except the pilots will getting the 20% by the end of 2014.

Thats the facts, do I need to post it again?
I mean you know more than ALPA and the WSJ, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back