IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
good for US.... and know the boards here are full of how the unions have done nothing to help get US' pay restored.

The user name robbed again is quite appropriate and representative of the stagnation.

I'm simply challenging you to use your privileged position and SIDA badge to get into those break rooms and convince DL employees that they need a union, Kev.

The vote is what matters and you don't have one scheduled for any DL groups.

Kev... Back home. To answer your question about wx emergencies it would be along the lines of safety first ..far's ...get the job done...common sense ..then the cba. That is pretty much OUR culture. In MY experience I have only seen one guy pull the contract card. I'm sure it is a "pilot" thing about getting the mission done and no different then any other outfit . But I must say that We at DL do go above and beyond to get the job done. That is why our completion numbers are so high.PS as far as pay we get trip guarantee for all trips if cancelled .

metopower said:
Kev... Back home. To answer your question about wx emergencies it would be along the lines of safety first ..far's ...get the job done...common sense ..then the cba. That is pretty much OUR culture.
Thanks for responding. FWIW, that's always been my experience as well, despite what some on here seem to think.

In MY experience I have only seen one guy pull the contract card. I'm sure it is a "pilot" thing about getting the mission done and no different then any other outfit . But I must say that We at DL do go above and beyond to get the job done. That is why our completion numbers are so high.PS as far as pay we get trip guarantee for all trips if cancelled .
If I didn't see so many other workers (pro and anti union alike) doing the same thing, I might be inclined to agree that it's a pilot thing. IMO, it's an issue of professionalism, and that mindset.

What happens if the trip isn't cancelled, but you can't get to the airport?

To be honest it is almost impossible to get through to crew scheduling under those circumstances. There is some around about ways to do that but not for many who do not have experience. There is always reroute and I've seen pilots in the lounge with legal pads signing up crews according to positions and legalities. This is done by a chief pilot. Trips assigned then and there just to clear the system out. Then after the fact rebalanced and the pay is figured out. It is harder to do after 911 . To be clear this is done by all the employees. I have witnessed some pretty great people going above and beyond. I go out of my to tell guys like you on the ramp what great job they do under horrible conditions.

Kev what was the attitude of the IAM in 2010? IIRC their rationale was they always had some support at DL and that coupled with staunch pro-union NWA would have it in the bag. What will be different this time? You've said before they didn't connect with the PM-DL employees and used outdated organizing techniques. But again what value does the IAM provide the unorganized given their track record at HA, UA, US, and TW?

Josh

metopower said:
To be honest it is almost impossible to get through to crew scheduling under those circumstances. There is some around about ways to do that but not for many who do not have experience. There is always reroute and I've seen pilots in the lounge with legal pads signing up crews according to positions and legalities. This is done by a chief pilot. Trips assigned then and there just to clear the system out. Then after the fact rebalanced and the pay is figured out. It is harder to do after 911 . To be clear this is done by all the employees. I have witnessed some pretty great people going above and beyond. I go out of my to tell guys like you on the ramp what great job they do under horrible conditions.
All well & good, but if you miss a trip (that isn't cancelled) due to a weather emergency, are you subject to discipline? What does your CBA have to say regarding that?

737823 said:
Kev what was the attitude of the IAM in 2010?
You're gonna need to narrow that down a bit. The GL? The rank and file? Buffy?

What will be different this time?
Everything.

I see your question now. It depends on if it is a disaster like atl was or just Super Bowl Sunday. Pilots biggest sickout day.if I have a history or if I'm just sick It s the same for everybody the difference is that the union guy can have a rep with him. (But they know the score as well as everyone else in that room....it's all documented) . The short answer is nothing. Just like what will happen in NYC probably. Except for those that they can prove took advantage of the circumstances .

Kev, I mean the organizers and people actively involved with the campaign. So I guess a little of both. Wasn't the plan for the combined DL to remain in DL 143? So wouldn't that include them? Anyway I get that the attitudes of DL employees are different today but the demographics have also changed. Obviously you know better than anyone but u have to guess the multiple RRs that backfill a single FT position are less inclined to support the union.

Josh

topDawg said:
I hate to break it to you, but the FAs at Delta had 2 votes(at least) for a union before the merger, each time they vote they get closer, and closer. IIRC the last vote was very tight. Delta people are voting for it too. 
I think we all know why the vote was even closer last time ! (Please see NMB voting rule changes)

• Banned
And I guess you forgot about the part how Delta lobbied to get the cards required raised from 35% to 50%.

And how is it fair that a person who doesnt vote at all is counted as a "NO" vote?

No other election of any kind in this country was done like that.

FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:
I don't mean to come off as a jack-ass, but I have to ask:  wouldn't common-sense come into play in weather emergencies instead of language in a CBA? 

If I get "snowed in", the place where I work my options are to work from home or take unscheduled leave.  In the end it is just comes down to an agreement between employee and supervisor. 

Granted, I don't work at DL, but surely weather-specific language in a CBA can't be the most pressing issue(s) for employees, can it?
Never know! Didn't I see something here about the Pilots eating steak, while everyone else got PBJ's....................really?

700UW said:
And I guess you forgot about the part how Delta lobbied to get the cards required raised from 35% to 50%.

And how is it fair that a person who doesnt vote at all is counted as a "NO" vote?

No other election of any kind in this country was done like that.
Yep, I'm sure DL's trying just as hard to keep a union out, as the union is, trying to get in!
So what's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back