IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kev3188 said:
That's the goal.
Kev do you see new IAM leadership coming onboard as a positive or do you think the unorganized DL employees find the fact that reform is necessary concerning?

Josh

Kev3188 said:
That's the goal.
Understand your goal. What if the outcome is the same and the MAJORITY of your co-workers vote no again?
Will we hear the same tired story about company interference?
Will you accept your fate and get on board with your co-workers ( not talking about just you Kev)!
Will you immediately start pushing for the next vote?
Will you ever be happy, without a union?

South: I'll keep pushing until I see /real/ and /sustained/ change in how things are done here. I simply refuse to settle for what is the current normal.

Josh: can't speak for anyone but myself and those I speak with. All see the changes as a positive.

Kev3188 said:
A minute? We've waited years for meaningful change. This company asked all of us to "give [the company] a chance." We did. It's not working. The end.
if you don't think a 13th month extra salary isn't meaningful change then you aren't motivated by the same goal that brings most people to work.

most DL employees are quite happy with where the company is... esp. when they look at where their peers at other carriers are.

the vast majority of DL employees don't care about union politics... it isn't a topic that matters to their life.
whoever leads the unions has to demonstrate a track record better than what they have done in the past. DL employees embrace DL mgmt because they have done just that.

Kev3188 said:
I think Cronk & Ausuncion have more support than even they may realize...
Hopefully. I'd feel much better about the IAM if they would clean house and get leadership on place that actually acts in the interest of the membership. Do you thunk Buffy will "retire" of he doesn't survive the election or will he go back to GE in Cincinnati?

Josh

WorldTraveler said:
if you don't think a 13th month extra salary isn't meaningful change then you aren't motivated by the same goal that brings most people to work.

most DL employees are quite happy with where the company is... esp. when they look at where their peers at other carriers are.

the vast majority of DL employees don't care about union politics... it isn't a topic that matters to their life.
whoever leads the unions has to demonstrate a track record better than what they have done in the past. DL employees embrace DL mgmt because they have done just that.
You're not giving your former coworkers enough credit.

most are primarily motivated by money.... never head one of them that said they worked for DL because they run a good charity.

• Banned
526301_494887410597403_1417911453_n.jpg

+1

I was at a commencement today, and one of the speakers spoke quite a bit about patience and how it's more important than ever in today's society. Seemed fairly fitting given all the howls about how elections should just be called instantly, and so on.

One day longer...

interesting stats but also highlights that union jobs are being lost in the areas where they have traditionally been the strongest while growing where labor has historically been weak. But it also says that, at about 10% of the workforce, labor is not a significant influence and the loss of union jobs will likely continue to see cuts.

The airline industry and consolidation will result in a loss of jobs, union and overall. that is the nature of consolidation in any industry.

Kev,
your statements are dead on. The idea of patience also says that there has to be strong strategies to make change happen and for the labor movement to start growing again.... the growth in union jobs is tracking right where the US economy is growing overall which doesn't necessarily say that the labor movement is doing much more than maintaining its share in traditional union sectors as the US economy grows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back