IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
and I see nothing of it.

somehow we are supposed to believe that you have no financial ties to the IAM but I am supposed to be paid for my thoughts?

the difference of course is that I actually do have financial ties to DL- just not from their accounts payable.

"the difference of course is that I actually do have financial ties to DL"

Thus perhaps the fervent emphasis to protect the interests of the company at all costs? If a Judge or Lawyer had a particular association to a client that is when Legally they are required to recuse themselves from the case as being compromised.

Recuse:
To withdraw from a position of judging so as to avoid any semblance of partiality or bias.

• Banned
  • #2,763
WorldTraveler said:
and I see nothing of it.

somehow we are supposed to believe that you have no financial ties to the IAM but I am supposed to be paid for my thoughts?

the difference of course is that I actually do have financial ties to DL- just not from their accounts payable.
You have a check from a frozen retirement fund.

If I got paid from the IAM for my postings, I wouldnt have to work and run a small business.

But once again another deflection and tangent, funny how you do that when you cant win a debate or debate with facts or called out and shown to be wrong.

"the difference of course is that I actually do have financial ties to DL"

Thus perhaps the fervent emphasis to protect the interests of the company at all costs? If a Judge or Lawyer had a particular association to a client that is when Legally they are required to recuse themselves from the case as being compromised.

Recuse:
To withdraw from a position of judging so as to avoid any semblance of partiality or bias.
nowhere did I ever say that I recuse myself from DL interests any more than I have asked you to recuse yourself from your ties to the TWU.

I have noted the track record that I have in my activity on this board which included stating years ago that DL employees would choose not to unionize - and that is what has happened.

You have a check from a frozen retirement fund.

If I got paid from the IAM for my postings, I wouldnt have to work and run a small business.

But once again another deflection and tangent, funny how you do that when you cant win a debate or debate with facts or called out and shown to be wrong.
it is still a check.

I can accept that you have as much interest in what you do for the IAM and do it without pay.

You are the one who brought up the suggestion that I was paid for my activity on here. this is a response to your post. nothing more and nothing less.

you are clearly emotionally invested in the IAM to lead an internet campaign to unionize DL employees instead of leaving it to people like Kev who are not only highly competent but to whom I am more than willing to leave the decision regarding representation at DL.

can you leave the discussion of what is best for active DL employees to them?

• Banned
  • #2,765
I am a trade unionist, I am not leading any internet campaign, that would be the IAM itself.

And you aren't an a DL employee nor do you have a vote, so why don't you stay out of it and practice what you preach?

700UW said:
I am a trade unionist, I am not leading any internet campaign, that would be the IAM itself. And you aren't an a DL employee nor do you have a vote, so why don't you stay out of it and practice what you preach?
Exactly. Union people understand something called solidarity. One Union member is a part of the entire collective and it is our duty to assist all Union members or even prospective ones.

Others who have an interest in not seeing people organize will do or say anything to shut out the voices that want to tell you the truth.

Were here to assist Kev and anyone else who may have questions, not to make the decision for you or to be condescending for whatever you ultimately decide.

just when i thought this thread couldn't get any worse........
I believe a certain notorious poster who has been absent has a 
alternate ego who is posting now.
And yes, IGNORE is a wonderful thing.  Makes these boards a bit more 
tolerable. 

• Banned
  • #2,768
Well said WeAA!

And funny when WT is losing his argument he will make his post about the poster and nothing to do with the topic at hand.

What does AA, the TWU or MIA's performance have to do with an organizing drive at DL?

I am a trade unionist, I am not leading any internet campaign, that would be the IAM itself. And you aren't an a DL employee nor do you have a vote, so why don't you stay out of it and practice what you preach?

you started this thread. It is YOUR campaign, not that of DL employees.

DL employees are largely having the discussion among themselves which is where it belongs.

Funny you would like to write sermons for someone else so that you can tell them that you are exempt from doing the same thing.

Practice what YOU preach and give DL workers the freedom, right, and peace and quiet to talk about critical issues among themselves and free of your outside influence.

But I know full well that you can't and won't.

Exactly. Union people understand something called solidarity. One Union member is a part of the entire collective and it is our duty to assist all Union members or even prospective ones.

Others who have an interest in not seeing people organize will do or say anything to shut out the voices that want to tell you the truth.

Were here to assist Kev and anyone else who may have questions, not to make the decision for you or to be condescending for whatever you ultimately decide.
great. I'm here to defend the interests of the tens of thousands of DL employees who told the union movement to talk a flying leap but you won't listen and respect their right to have a discussion among themselves.

thus, I will be a part of this discussion and challenge whatever you choose to bring into the discussion.

In your case, you are running from the reality that the TWU has got to be the most hated union at AA and would be voted off the property if federal laws weren't so difficult to do so.

I didn't learn the nickname for the TWU by talking to my brother who does the same job you do for AA because we respect the differences of opinion we each have.

I have learned about the TWU right here - exactly the same place that DL employees can see how hated it is and along with the IAM how it has completely failed to secure a real advantage for their own employees.

It is no surprise that DL employees have consistently rejected further unionization and if they ever do unionize why an independent union makes far more sense.

Well said WeAA! And funny when WT is losing his argument he will make his post about the poster and nothing to do with the topic at hand. What does AA, the TWU or MIA's performance have to do with an organizing drive at DL?
uh no. I've been on target for 5 years saying that DL employees aren't interested in further unionization and I have been dead on

You can't accept that I was right, am right, and will be right.

• Banned
  • #2,770
My campaign?

No its the DL employees who are active campaign, and the IAM.

So every thread a person starts means it their campaign, idea or process?

You really are desperate and stooping to new low levels, must suck to be losing the debate.

if the campaign was that of DL employees, this thread would have been started by one of them and they, not you, would be posting the invitations to their peers regarding the opportunity to learn about the choices before them.

Feel free to continue with the "losing" mantra.

It provides yet another opportunity to highlight that DL employees have chosen a dozen or more times that they aren't interested in further unionization.

I predicted that five years ago.

The losing is not on my side.

won't waste my time watching the video but will note that DL is pro-choice. Not anti-anything.

Those who are pro-choice are not afraid of data - all of it - and are willing to allow those affected by it to make their own decisions instead of calling them bamboozled and not capable of or having adequate information.

Pro-choice involves recognizing the sanctity of the ballot box and allowing each person's own conscience and interpretation of reality to be adequate for them.

it's a great concept. you should try it.

we're also still waiting for your answer to the questions you said you would answer = and yet nothing.

Why am I surprised to read yet another empty promise from another union promoter?

WorldTraveler said:
won't waste my time watching the video but will note that DL is pro-choice. Not anti-anything.

Those who are pro-choice are not afraid of data - all of it - and are willing to allow those affected by it to make their own decisions instead of calling them bamboozled and not capable of or having adequate information.

Pro-choice involves recognizing the sanctity of the ballot box and allowing each person's own conscience and interpretation of reality to be adequate for them.

it's a great concept. you should try it.

we're also still waiting for your answer to the questions you said you would answer = and yet nothing.

Why am I surprised to read yet another empty promise from another union promoter?
Nice way to make a few extra dollars in retirement.

There are 52 weeks in a year. Most paid bloggers need to produce a minimum of 3 posts a week. That’s 156 posts a year. Divide the annual average income of $60,000 by 156 posts, that’s $385 per post. Anyone getting paid that much to blog? I doubt it. Notch this up to 5 posts a week and you’d need 260 blog posts at $230 per post. That’s better but most bloggers are paid $$25 or less per post.

Read more at http://www.blogherald.com/2008/07/15/blogging-jobs-how-much-are-bloggers-paid-to-blog/#L3SRgEvrEuWdD5Tz.99

• Banned
  • #2,775
WorldTraveler said:
if the campaign was that of DL employees, this thread would have been started by one of them and they, not you, would be posting the invitations to their peers regarding the opportunity to learn about the choices before them.

Feel free to continue with the "losing" mantra.

It provides yet another opportunity to highlight that DL employees have chosen a dozen or more times that they aren't interested in further unionization.

I predicted that five years ago.

The losing is not on my side.
Wrong again.

Gee you broke your promise to Kevin once again.

You are losing the debate, that is why you make it about the poster and not the topic at hand.

So since I posted that Delta wants to trademark a new slogan, is it my idea?

Nope, it certainty isnt.

I started a topic, I dont work for Delta, I dont work for the IAM, I am a trade unionist at heart, and we all stick together, that is a foreign concept to you.

But it isnt about me, but yet you try to make it about me.

Why did you attack WeAA and the TWU and AA's baggage performance?

None of it is relevant, its only a diversionary tactic, I think you would  have learned by now your diversions, deflections, change of subject and tangents dont work.

I will call you out every single time.

The topic is the current drives at DL, not me, not you, not WeAA, not the TWU nor MIA and its performance.

You make this so easy to discredit yourself with your posts, keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back