IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeAAsles said:
Typical Company Anti-Union Tools Companies have access to a wide variety of anti-union material from many sources. The typical anti-union campaign has a timeline of activities where you can expect confusion, coercion and intimidation to keep you from becoming a union. Lies are usually out front. Companies will tell flat-out lies and put out misinformation and statements about the IAM every step of the way to try and convince you that forming a union is a bad deal for you. Or have you heard this one? "We'll have to close down and move elsewhere if the union gets in here" or "We will no longer afford to be in business". The list goes on with what companies tell their employees. All this rhetoric, while they rake in millions of dollars in profits. Companies go to extraordinary lengths to make sure you stay "union free". When was the last time your employer cared so much about your well-being except when you decided to look into forming a union? In some campaigns, companies will go to the edge or break the law just to prevent you from forming a union. Know your rights and keep good notes and copies of company propaganda and threats. Good documentation is very helpful should the IAM need to file Unfair Labor Practices (ULP) against the employer for unlawful activity.

http://www.yourpowerinside.com/pages/companytactics.htm
I just wish someone would come up with some new code words. "Direct relationship," and the like are so stale, ya know? It'd be the same anti-worker messaging, but at least it'd be a change from the same boilerplate crap every company uses.

Where's the creativity, people?!

great... and if the message matters to DL people, he will write it to them.

Remember, you have said I don't work for DL.

make up your mind. either I am a part of the DL family and have an interest in what Anderson and Woolman say.

You can't have it both ways.

feel free to sit in the back seat.

But don't be surprised if others like me decide the conversation matters to me and I decide to take on those whose tactics of manipulation are not only disgusting but completely contrary to what has made DL great for 85 years.

It doesn't take long to find all of this is your co-workers would just take the time Kev.

When I think I'm being manipulated especially by my company I let them know flat out who I am and that they're messing with the WRONG guy.

Yes I have confidence in myself and my Union.
and yet you lack the ability to recognize when you do it to others.

you are exactly the WRONG person to be telling others what they need to do to improve their life.

but you do make a perfect union salesman.

lots of empty promises...

WeAAsles said:
It doesn't take long to find all of this is your co-workers would just take the time Kev.
It's happening.

I'll tell you this; the people I speak to on a day to day basis may or may not agree on the way forward, but almost unanimously agree the current working conditions here are trending the wrong way...

WorldTraveler said:
great... and if the message matters to DL people, he will write it to them.
He did. Remember, those he wrote it to are now "DL people."

But don't be surprised if others like me decide the conversation matters to me and I decide to take on those whose tactics of manipulation are not only disgusting but completely contrary to what has made DL great for 85 years.
Cool. Have a good time.

Kev3188 said:
I just wish someone would come up with some new code words. "Direct relationship," and the like are so stale, ya know? It'd be the same anti-worker messaging, but at least it'd be a change from the same boilerplate crap every company uses.

Where's the creativity, people?!

"Direct Relationship" really? The only direct relationship I want is with that 5 foot 9 Blond Russian girl I'm still looking for. Hell I'll even pay for the heels. 

you do read the newspapers, Kev?

the majority of Americans do not think the way the economy is being handled is working great either.

And it still bears saying that if a unionization campaign has real legs, then the evidence of it should be obvious and I support DL people for making their own decision.

yet, we have been hearing for five years that labor was going to win an election, had the cards etc.. .and yet it hasn't happened.

maybe there are a lot of people who aren't happy with the way the world works but don't see unions as the solution, esp. when they look at the example of the TWU at AA and the IAM at UA and US.

Kev3188 said:
It's happening.

I'll tell you this; the people I speak to on a day to day basis may or may not agree on the way forward, but almost unanimously agree the current working conditions here are trending the wrong way...
Excellent. I hope so Kev? I really hope so once and for all.

Just tune out those one's who try to keep selling you that Direct Relationship crap. They don't give a damn about you.

Hey and you may not be a part of a Union YET. But you're a brother to me. You got my arm any time you need it.

He did. Remember, those he wrote it to are now "DL people."
he didn't write it to me. I didn't work for NW.

When he issues it on DL letterhead, let me know.

Depending on whether you think I am part of the DL family or not that week, I'll decide if it applies.

v
"Direct Relationship" really? The only direct relationship I want is with that 5 foot 9 Blond Russian girl I'm still looking for. Hell I'll even pay for the heels.
you've said that several times today.

if you are as suppressed as you appear to be, you need to get off this website and get onto a the site for the Russian embassy, a few Russian oriented chat sites, and buy an ID something on whatever AA partner can get you to Russia since that isn't someplace AA can get you to on its own metal.

You still haven't answered the question of why AA's baggage handling in MIA is so bad... at least that is what the perception is for 9 out of 9 people that pass thru there.

remember, page 30.

Hey and you may not be a part of a Union YET. But you're a brother to me. You got my arm any time you need it.
careful, Kev.

are you sure he is really interested in Russian women?

psst. in the English language we say "I've got your back" to show solidarity esp. with a same sex person.

I am literate, yes.

it is. I see it every day with my own eyes. So does your former employer. You'd see it if you were still on the property.
then it shouldn't be a surprise that the problem is with government policy and is far bigger than what companies or unions can fix.

Kev3188 said:
Thanks! :)

Not for nothing, found my original IAM card while going through some files this past week.
I still have my first Union card. Guess I knew it was going to always be something special and important to me.

Hey even David Lee Roth has a tattoo of the Union Chapter that his Uncle was in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back