IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
WorldTraveler said:
let's just get a few things out on the table.

are you involved in union leadership in any capacity?

NO. And never have been either.

In the space of just one day, someone who I thought would be a reasonable person to talk about the industry with - I really haven't paid any attention to you before - has turned out to be a dyed in the wool labor promoter who shows absolute disregard for facts in the face of pushing union BS which can't be supported by the facts.

No actually the only thing I do care about is FACTS.

I appreciate your willing to parse your words and step back just a bit but you came out swinging by saying that DL employees have been bamboozled. those aren't words that provide any room for doubt.

They have been and still are.

If you really think the data you presented may not be accurate, then you don't make those kind of statements.

And you concede that your facts only tell part of the tale.

I don't expect anyone to have a graduate degree to understand that a random web based survey of a couple dozen employees is not going to ever be a representative sample of what DL employees in a particular workgroup make.

There are very well defined procedures that can be used for sampling data to ensure that one has a representative group of the whole but 30 people out of a group of 10,000 who voluntarily participate in a web survey will never be accurate.

So ask your former colleagues to sample all 10,000. Or how ever many they actually employ on the ramp as FSC's?

I am also not going to just roll over and accept your statement that I am manipulating data when I am using data that includes the full workforce, is standardized across the US industry, and is provided using the same definitions for each airline.

I NEVER said that you were manipulating data. I said that your data was incomplete.

If you wish to say that I am manipulating data that is publicly available and is used by airline analysts and then use a web survey leaves little room for any reasonable discussion between us.

Again NEVER said you were manipulating data.

So, do you belong to a union, do you have any leadership position in any union, do you understand the data you posted and what it really means as well as the data that you said I have manipulated, and do you really want to continue with your assessment that I, and not you have misrepresented data?

YES I very proudly belong to a Union. And NO I am not in any leadership position. Not interested in it as it can be used against me that I have an agenda for what I do. I can remain pure by being a simple little worker bee.

I like it. It sets me apart.

robbedoverandoveragain,
I don't expect you to admit that your web site sample of a couple dozen people per airline at best isn't representative of a group that is close to ten thousand but it is not no matter whether you agree with it or not.

weAAsles,
then if you care about facts, you would retract your comments and admit that your interpretation is wrong. instead you try and act as if you have stumbled upon some new piece of earth-shattering data.

You resort to the same low life tactics that other union propaganda whores use on this website and then try to defend it as gospel. You aren't set apart from anything. You are just like the rest of the pro-labor / anti-rational crowd that is well represented on this website.

If your going to push the union, don't be quite so blatant in trashing everything that everyone knows to be the truth.... just a tip.

go fix your own screwed up union that has given away thousands of jobs and collected millions of dollars in dues for which the members could have received better services from a car wash attendant.

WorldTraveler said:
I don't expect you to admit that your web site sample of a couple dozen people per airline at best isn't representative of a group that is close to ten thousand but it is not no matter whether you agree with it or not.
So then call your old bosses and find out for me how much the average baggage handler makes? They must have that data?

Did you also see my add on a few posts back?

And I am a follower of Evolutionary Biologist Richard Dawkins and Astrophysicist Neil deGrass Tyson.

don't really care about your evolutionary beliefs.

We're talking about airline labor data.

You have chosen to reject solid, comprehensive data which is readily available (no one at a private company has to be called because the gov't has the data and makes it available) to harp on a few points of data that represent nothing other than a few people on the internet.

move on.....

you are a disappointment. I like a good debate - but I'm not going to waste my time with someone that masquerades as objective and then tosses out objectivity in the name of an agenda while denying they have one. You said as much.

surely the TWU has some other assignment for you to do.

you might also explain why I hear repeatedly of lost bags when passengers fly thru MIA on AA. you have indicated you are an AA employee, ramper, and a TWU member which doesn't leave a whole lot of room for doubt.

WorldTraveler said:
robbedoverandoveragain,

weAAsles,
then if you care about facts, you would retract your comments and admit that your interpretation is wrong. instead you try and act as if you have stumbled upon some new piece of earth-shattering data.

I haven't "stumbled" onto anything. To me this kind of query is basic common sense. To you I now have to believe it doesn't fit the agenda so it must be ignored.  

You resort to the same low life tactics that other union propaganda whores use on this website and then try to defend it as gospel. You aren't set apart from anything. You are just like the rest of the pro-labor / anti-rational crowd that is well represented on this website.

Name calling now? I was hoping that YOU were not part of THAT crowd.

If your going to push the union, don't be quite so blatant in trashing everything that everyone knows to be the truth.... just a tip.

Your truth is not gospel. And it is a sin to lie and deceive. That includes leaving out information to suit personal needs.

go fix your own screwed up union that has given away thousands of jobs and collected millions of dollars in dues for which the members could have received better services from a car wash attendant.

If you are going to engage in this sort of juvenile behavior then you are correct we do not have much more to discuss then.

I hope you have not taught your children that this is acceptable?

I was hoping you would be honest and objective as you claimed you were.

Move on.

I'm providing objective, government data that you could access. I showed you how to find it.

Instead you call people "bamboozled" because they don't support what you do.

My children know the difference between the truth and manipulation.

You still haven't explain why AA's baggage handling via MIA is so pathetic.

WorldTraveler said:
don't really care about your evolutionary beliefs.

We're talking about airline labor data.

You have chosen to reject solid, comprehensive data which is readily available (no one at a private company has to be called because the gov't has the data and makes it available) to harp on a few points of data that represent nothing other than a few people on the internet.

move on.....

you are a disappointment.

surely the TWU has some other assignment for you to do.

you might also explain why I hear repeatedly of lost bags when passengers fly thru MIA on AA.
lol. Wow you guys were right. He can get a little bit pissy. This type of behavior I have absolutely come to expect when a person is put on the defensive and he is losing his debate.

To the readers. Did you see me go after this gentleman in any way shape or form?

Make a note.

I'm losing nothing.

I have said for five years that DL employees wouldn't vote for the labor unions and I was dead right.

Again, fix your own union instead of trying to tell others what they should do.

If your union came close to delivering as much as you act like it does, DL people would be flocking to it.

instead they want nothing to do with labor.

The labor movement is losing. and you are standing in front as yet one more of their mascots.

good luck with the trip over the falls.

I posted this just the other day and once again I found a person who unfortunately feel it fits as well, so.

Good day Sir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yT1GHoFiAw

don't really care your videos.

You came on here to discredit standardized government supplied and airline provided data in order to push a union agenda and then call people low information and say they have been bamboozled because they don't fit with your agenda.

again, go back and fix your own union and the job you are paid to do instead of trying to tell people who have made the most intelligent choice what they should do when they are in far better shape.

You have just witnessed a classic WT melt down. That is what happens when you challenge him with anything that might put delta in a bad light.

He will pull out a qualifier to slip through a crack and say he was always correct, you are just to dumb to get it.

He is a truly disturbed person whose need for delta to succeed is like an OCD person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y8EyIY-_I0&sns=em

WorldTraveler said:
don't really care your videos.

You came on here to discredit standardized government supplied and airline provided data in order to push a union agenda and then call people low information and say they have been bamboozled because they don't fit with your agenda.

again, go back and fix your own union and the job you are paid to do instead of trying to tell people who have made the most intelligent choice what they should do when they are in far better shape.
No one pays me besides American Airlines. My Integrity remains solidly secure.

And once again unless you cannot understand.

I said good day sir.

say it again if it makes you feel better. so far it has been quite good.

Again, if you are an AA employee and a ramper, it is not a surprise you are one of the few on here who will push the TWU while others wish they could ditch it.

DL people aren't interested and the example of what the TWU has done for AA employees stands side by side with what the IAM has done for US rampers as the biggest testament of why DL rampers will not vote for either.

If DL employees ever vote for a union - and that is their decision to do so - I have repeatedly said they should vote for an independent union and have nothing to do with two of the biggest failures in the airline union movement.

Glenn Quagmire said:
You have just witnessed a classic WT melt down. That is what happens when you challenge him with anything that might put delta in a bad light.

He will pull out a qualifier to slip through a crack and say he was always correct, you are just to dumb to get it.
Indeed.

Have to say this was a relatively fast cycle.

P.S. DeGrasse-Tyson is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back