IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kev,
you say that often but DL people aren't stupid.

they are not going to cut off their own foot in order to keep DL happy.

The secret of DL's success is that it has managed to keep both its employees and its stockholders happy.

The funny thing is that WN has developed its own version of the very same type of business plan and people laud it as evidence of the success of the labor movement.

If there was just a tad of acknowledgement that DL has a viable plan that benefits all of its stakeholders well, we might have a place to begin an honest dialogue. As long as the union mindset is that the company and stockholders - in comparison with stakeholders which does include employees - is at odds with employee interests, then the simple fact is that everyday workers aren't going to line up.

DL's interests are very well aligned with what it takes for their employee to win.

yes they are just like the way pilots and dispatchers got 20% ps and the rest got 2 or 3%  im sure theyre all really jumping for joy at that!

feel free to keep trying to create class envy while avoiding facing the reality that DL people recognize the valid comparison is between their own work groups at other airlines.

On that basis, DL people compare very favorably.

BTW, can you post us a comparison of salaries for US rampers compared to US pilots? You guys really come up on the short end of that stick. what a cruddy union you must have for that to have happened.

Kev3188 said:
it's always amazing to me how willing you are to align yourself with corporate interests; interests that see you as nothing more than an commodity. 

Guess by now it should be old news, but here we are...

As Dog Wonder would say, "carry on."
Yes, here we are. And all I'm saying is for 700 to lay " ALL" the cards on the table, including the bad one's, so that the people this affects can make an informed decision.

Sounds like you may have a problem with this scenario as well......Carry On!

• Banned
  • #2,527
WorldTraveler said:
"rumor has it"

that is all the IAM can come up with?

Read it again, Delta Airlines puts out "Rumor Has It" not the IAM.

there is no OOPS.

yes, and if you actually read what DL says, it doesn't match what the IAM's sales pitch is trying to say.

Anyone with half a brain can realize that labor relations in the airline industry have been contentious for decades with strikes and job actions and drawn out negotiations.

DL has not been a part of that game and DL's employees aren't interested in it.

Of course sticking a middle man that would suck up a lot of money from DL employees would affect the positive labor environment that exists at DL.

DL people aren't interested in labor representation beyond the groups that have it already... and that is not a rumor because it has been confirmed by multiple votes.

IN fact there are undoubtedly more "NO" votes at DL against further unionization than perhaps any other airline in the world.

Since 700 is so fast with the internet, I'm sure he could find something to prove me wrong - but I'm going on record as saying that DL employees have voted down unions more often than any other airline in US history and probably the world.

DL employees won't step in what the IAM is dropping.

• Banned
  • #2,530
When was the last time a major went on strike?

More misinformation from you, a middle man?

The union is the workers, and dues is two times the weighted hourly wage a month, when I was in stores my dues were under $50 a month and they are tax deductible.

Come up with something new and stop using Ford and Harrison's talking points.

yes, a union is an inserted middle man.

cut the nonsense about a union being the workers.

the workers don't have access to the corporate jet and endless national structures including nepotistic employment benefits.

The union is an unwanted appendage in the eyes of the majority of DL employees.

And whether it was a strike or not, anyone who wants to believe that AA's operational problems of a year and a half ago didn't have to do with a work action are living under a rock.

but, hey, they ditched legacy AA mgmt. and got Parker for a boss - and no union could have negotiated that.

• Banned
  • #2,532
The union is the members, apparently you never been in one.

The members elect their leaders and representatives.

And the IAM Jet saves money in the long run and isnt used as much as people think.

In my 20 years it came to CLT once.

Do you ever answer a question?

When was the last time there was a major airline strike?

This has nothing to do with Parker nor AA.

How many different tangents are you going to use to avoid the questions and topic at hand?

And go ask any DL FA about the operation last summer and last winter, DL wasnt stunning.

Kevin,
you always did impress me with your "globality"

Hope you are enjoying Brazil's version of the World Cup.

the leaping to conclusions comes from incorrectly interpreting DL's statement that relations between labor and mgmt. will change to IAM speak that says "you need to insert us into a relationship that works good right now because mgmt. will beat you every chance they can get."

the simple fact is that mgmt. COULD beat DL people up now if they wanted to - but they don't because DL recognizes that happy, productive employees are good for the company and its customers as much as it is good for employees.

So the IAM wants to change the environment to a contentious environment where labor fights with mgmt. at the cost of competition and a positive working environment.

The IAM's stance could be summed up as "shoot yourself in the foot and then call us to come stomp on it but you'll feel better because you'll have someone by your side."

DL people happily and consistently have thrown that logic out the window.

DL people in the majority can trust DL mgmt. to do what is both best for the company and for the employees and also recognize that inserting another entity into the labor-mgmt. relationship will provide nothing good for DL employees.

THAT is the change that DL people understand as the reason why unions are no good for tens of thousands of DL people.

• Banned
  • #2,535
You can spin and say all the bad things you want, here is the bottom line.

Who said anything about fighting with management from the IAM?

Do Delta and its pilots fight?

Do Delta and its dispatchers fight?

Currently ACS and Inflight have no recourse to change things as they are employees at will, as long as DL is within the law, they can do whatever and whenever they want.

With a Union and a CBA there is a check and balance system.

DL has given some employees a 2% raise while others got a 3% raise.

DL cut the profit sharing by 33%.

If there was a CBA DL couldnt do any of that, they would have to follow the CBA or face a grievance.

If a DL employee is under a CBA, then DL cant just fire them for not using just cause, if they are fired, and DL didnt follow just cause then the terminated employee would have a recourse, right now they dont, the in-house committee has no power, its all just for show.

Is being unionized and covered under a CBA perfect, no its not,but its better than being unrepresented and no CBA.

For example in 1992 US Ramp, Res and CSA were non-union, this is what the company did to them and they had no recourse.

Elimination of Sick Time, OJI time, Vacation time and replaced with a PDO system with less accrual.

Farmed out Express and Cargo, cut catering except at the hubs.

Downgraded 40% of the full-time employees to part-time.

Froze their pension.

Double the cost of family medical for part-time.

For example, you had to have 15 years in order to hold full-time ramp in CLT.

Yet I was an employee for three years and none of those things happened to me as I was under a CBA and unionized.

Shall we go over Leadership 7.5 again?

There is nothing preventing DL from doing that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back