IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Banned
  • #2,506
southwind said:
Why did members have to vote them out in the first place?

And why did the IAM President have to give a member a hard time, just because she voiced her opinion?

Whether they voted them back in, is "NOT" the question!

southwind said:
This discussion is about DL, not UA !

Please stay on topic!
This is about Delta, not Boeing.

And if you had any brain power, you would know that was a Vought Plant that Boeing bought in CHS, not the main plants in the Seattle area, who have been IAM for years and still are, and the IAM represents 45,000 at Boeing.

You cant even comprehend that you are talking about CHS, not SEA.

I believe you meant to state "some employees".
I doubt "most DL employees" are "dreaming" of a T/A.  If that were the case we would have unions in every department or at the very least
have a vote by now.    So no, most employees are NOT dreaming of a T/A.
2 years the IAM has been trying to infiltrate themselves into Inflight and still no vote......

Kev3188 said:
Here's the deal; the T/A may be sh*t, or it may be industry changing- we won't know until the full text can be reviewed.

The real story, though, is that US employees have something most DL employees can only dream of: The right to vote in or out this agreement. At the end of the day,  they will decide for themselves what's best for going forward.

P.S. Ryker is doing great work.

well, welcome back, Kev.

no, most employees and most people in life in general want what is best and they really don't care how they get it.

There are people who can accept that there can be benevolent dictators (theoretically anyway) and don't care if that is how they succeed.

The majority of DL employees SOLELY want to receive the best pay/benefits/working environment possible. Is it possible that some carrier might surpass DL employees in one group at one time? of course. But DL mgmt. has shown a willingness to ensure its employees are paid competitively. And DL people don't have to wait thru years of contentious negotiations to see pay adjustments.

The time value of money alone makes the DL proposition superior to many employees; add in a cordial if not positive working relationship with the vast majority of DL employees see and dealing directly with the company has been the choice of tens of thousands of DL employees whose peers are unionized at other airlines.

BABABOOY said:
I believe you meant to state "some employees".
I doubt "most DL employees" are "dreaming" of a T/A.  If that were the case we would have unions in every department or at the very least
have a vote by now.    So no, most employees are NOT dreaming of a T/A.
2 years the IAM has been trying to infiltrate themselves into Inflight and still no vote......
can you recount Baba how many times DL FAs have had the opportunity to vote on union representation and have said no?

the results aren't going to change because the results speak to a track record, not a whim that will change based on a new union sales pitch, or in the case of this thread, a campaign by the IAM.

Kev3188 said:
No, I meant "most."

As in "most of us aren't covered under a CBA, and therefore have no direct control over the direction of our career(s)."

Kev,

I hate to disagree, as you are a rational person, but I do not need a CBA to control the direction of my career.  Perhaps some people out there feel that they need help in directing their career, to each their own, but ultimately, at least in my case, I want to have the control.

• Banned
  • #2,513
Narrow minded? Are you talking about yourself

Did you control if you got a 2% or 3% raise?

Did you control when DL cut the profit sharing by 33%?

Did you control when DL froze your pension and cut your pay?

• Banned
  • #2,514
Right now in the A lounge in ATL:

10300975_793273094030089_4168156541320592655_n.jpg

700UW said:
So I guess you arent smart enough to answer why some in ACS only got 2% and others got 3%?

How is that fair?

And what about the 33% cut in profit sharing, did DL negotiate that too with you?
And guess your not smart enough to answer a simple question either.

"Why did IAM members, at Boeing, vote the IAM out"?

700UW said:
This is about Delta, not Boeing.

And if you had any brain power, you would know that was a Vought Plant that Boeing bought in CHS, not the main plants in the Seattle area, who have been IAM for years and still are, and the IAM represents 45,000 at Boeing.

You cant even comprehend that you are talking about CHS, not SEA.
Still can't answer the question, I see !

700UW said:
Narrow minded? Are you talking about yourself Did you control if you got a 2% or 3% raise? Did you control when DL cut the profit sharing by 33%? Did you control when DL froze your pension and cut your pay?

Umm kinda like when I worked for NWA in 1993 and we voted against concessions and the iam kept bringing back the vote until the concession vote magically passed then Checci and company rewarded themselves with big time bonuses you mean like that? Lotta good having a vote did then.. Union or not if they want to take your pay they will been there done that union and non union.

lineguy43 said:

Umm kinda like when I worked for NWA in 1993 and we voted against concessions and the iam kept bringing back the vote until the concession vote magically passed then Checci and company rewarded themselves with big time bonuses you mean like that? Lotta good having a vote did then.. Union or not if they want to take your pay they will been there done that union and non union.
This ↑↑↑↑↑  just made 700 cry....

lineguy43 said:

Let me go ahead and reply for 700.....

Dammit.........this thread is about the IAM and DL, where everything will be rainbows and Unicorns and not about NWA or Boeing, where the IAM , stuck it to their members!

Please stay on topic!

it's always amazing to me how willing you are to align yourself with corporate interests; interests that see you as nothing more than an commodity. 

Guess by now it should be old news, but here we are...

As Dog Wonder would say, "carry on."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back