IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, I measure the validity of union interest based on whether votes for elections have been called along with the actual results of elections that have taken place. We've been told for years about the votes that would be coming - and yet they aren't here.

The crushing defeat of labor is well-documented in election after election at DL.

Can you show me where I have applauded defeat?

I have faced the reality of the current situation as pragmatic reality and said that DL employees would choose to retain what they have.

Applaud defeat?

no.

700UW said:
If you dont like it dont read it.

This is about the IAM Campaign thread, about the grassroots efforts going on to unionize.

Why dont you stop spewing DL on every thread and every topic, your behavior is far worse than mine any day.

You spew misinformation all the time and wont answer a question that proves you wrong and shows the benefits of being unionized.
Kinda like the questiion you continue to avoid:

"WHY DID IAM MEMBERS, AT BOEING, VOTE "OUT" THE IAM"?

• Banned
  • #2,555
WorldTraveler said:
Can you show me where I have applauded defeat?

I have faced the reality of the current situation as pragmatic reality and said that DL employees would choose to retain what they have.

Applaud defeat?

no.

WorldTraveler said:
no, I measure the validity of union interest based on whether votes for elections have been called along with the actual results of elections that have taken place. We've been told for years about the votes that would be coming - and yet they aren't here.

The crushing defeat of labor is well-documented in election after election at DL.

and that constitutes applause or documented evidence.

if you have been following the World Cup at all, with only two games, Spain's performance is being characterized in so many words as a crushing defeat.

Labor has won no major elections at DL since the pilots organized - decades ago.

there have been far more labor elections at DL with labor losing than games lost by Spain.

crushing defeat n figurative (total defeat)
The Battle of Waterloo was a crushing defeat for Napoleon Bonaparte.

• Banned
  • #2,557
Not crushing:

There were 9,544 votes cast against and 8,778 in favor of joining the AFA union.

Ground workers voted 5,569 to 4,909 against representation by the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers.

and yet every one of the elections among the largest workgroups resulted in the unions at NW being unseated at the lost of 25,000 plus union paying members and DL remaining within percentages of the same percent of unionization as has existed for years.

losing 25K plus union members at one company can hardly be characterized as anything but a crushing defeat.

Kev3188 said:
Why can't some people "grasp" that a person doesn't have to be directly involved in a cause to support it? I don't work at Wal-Mart, but I sure support their fight for increased wages. That doesn't make me an "interloper." It makes me an ally. Same story here. Get over it.

Does that mean that you go onto the Wal-Mart discussion boards to post propaganda?

• Banned
  • #2,560
WorldTraveler said:
and yet every one of the elections among the largest workgroups resulted in the unions at NW being unseated at the lost of 25,000 plus union paying members and DL remaining within percentages of the same percent of unionization as has existed for years.

losing 25K plus union members at one company can hardly be characterized as anything but a crushing defeat.
And whats to say they wont vote a union in now?

What was DL afraid of and had to lobby to raise the bar to call for an election?

You arent out there, you dont know whats going on, yet you portray you do, and yet you dont believe Kev who is active.

700UW said:
Not crushing:

There were 9,544 votes cast against and 8,778 in favor of joining the AFA union.

Ground workers voted 5,569 to 4,909 against representation by the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers.
Not "crushing" at all. But, hey, whatever fits the narrative, right?

...And let's not forget the key stat missing there; the ~2k that couldn't be bothered to vote. I sincerely hope that doesn't happen this time. 100% participation should be the goal, unrealistic or not.

WorldTraveler said:
elections among the largest workgroups
What's it gonna take for you to stop inserting these annoying qualifiers everywhere? Enough already.

Surely, you can still craft an argument w/o having to fall back on them?

yoyodyne said:
Does that mean that you go onto the Wal-Mart discussion boards to post propaganda?
Do those even exist?

BTW, what do you consider propaganda? If you took 1984 even half as seriously as I hope you did, this should be an interesting answer.

700UW said:
And whats to say they wont vote a union in now?
Nothing.

What was DL afraid of and had to lobby to raise the bar to call for an election?
Loss of autocracy, of course.

You arent out there, you dont know whats going on, yet you portray you do, and yet you dont believe Kev who is active.
Meh. Let him think what he wants to.

DL isn't afraid of anything. But there have been a dozen or more union campaigns that have not resulted in a major workgroup being seated.

Continually calling for elections when there isn't evidence that a union can win an election doesn't serve the good of anyone. The new standards align calling for an election with some likelihood that an election can be won.

Feel free, Kev, to note the groups that have won representation as well as their numbers.

No applause is involved in noting that over the course of a little over a month, more than 25K union members in, what 8 workgroups, became non-union employees.

• Banned
  • #2,563
Continuing calling for elections?\

You are being dishonest once again.

There is a one year bar after a failed election.

And you are lying once again.

whether there is a one year or one day required period between elections, continuous is the correct word.

Tell me how many times DL FAs have had representation elections since deregulation. Tell me how many times unions have lost.

then tell me if any other workgroup at any other airline has had the same number of opportunities to vote in a presentation election and ended up with the same result each time.

we'll see who really tells the truth in order to answer those questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back