IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
700UW said:
What job protections?

Do they have a CBA that guarantees pay, workrules, scope, benefits and pension?

Nope they dont, they are employees at will, do I need to explain that to you as it seems you clearly dont grasp the difference?

They only way airlines were successful was them using  bankruptcy to tear those up, even DL used Bankruptcy, but they didnt have to use the courts to make changed to ACS and inflight or maintenance.

And at anytime DL can outsource, layoff, close, open, cut pay, raise pay, etc....

US performs in-house a minimum of 50% of all billable hours of heavy maintenance, and doesnt outsource any line functions, unlike DL, who outsources all their mods on widebodies and all overhaul.

Blah, blah, blah, blah...    

BOHICA

no I believe the IAM pension for FSA came in 2003 and MTR not too far behind  or vice versa   Employees pension from company was lost in the 2nd ch11 

• Banned
  • #2,448
Fleet's pension was frozen in 1992 when they were non-union, they got the IAMNPF I think before the first chapter 11, M&R's pension was terminated in 2005 in the second chapter 11 in Jan of o
05, it was replaced with a dcp, then in 2008 M&R at US got into the IAMNPF in the transition agreement after the merger with HP.

• Banned
  • #2,451
Why dont you go to Charleston and ask them, you do fly for free.

And also ask them why there is a card drive going on?

I dont work for Boeing in CHS, so I have no idea what transpired.

But hey keep taking the thread off topic, and pay off your bet welcher.

WorldTraveler said:
news is that it is similar to other previous programs, right?

Any word from your peers regarding people who might take it?

These type of programs exist primarily to give people the opportunity to exit earlier than a full career and the company the opportunity to increase its efficiency or hire newer workers at lower costs.
I believe the difference in this program vs two years ago is the health care.  Since Delta qualified for a tax break from the government they were able to offer Health care dollars for those retiring .  Now if under age 65 you can elect either Cobra or Delta retiree Benefits.  Both options the employee pays. again no "healthcare dollars" towards this as offered 2 years ago.  Also Delta is steering those eligible towards Government exchanges (Obama Care).  
If memory serves correct , I believe around 800 f/a's took the package 2 years ago.  I would be very surprised if Delta InFlight comes even close to that number.   I believe this program is only geared towards those who are 65+ and were thinking about going out anyway. 

700UW said:
Why dont you go to Charleston and ask them, you do fly for free.

And also ask them why there is a card drive going on?

I dont work for Boeing in CHS, so I have no idea what transpired.

But hey keep taking the thread off topic, and pay off your bet welcher.
Last time I checked, this topic "WAS" about the IAM, not bets! So who's going off topic here?

I firgured since you knew all concerning the IAM, that you would be able to answer the question "Why did IAM union members, at Boeing, vote the IAM out?

I believe people should be able to make an informed decision, about the pros and cons, of union representation, before letting a 3rd party into their wallet! You on the other hand, apparently, do not!

• Banned
  • #2,454
This is about the IAM at DL Airlines not Boeing, so who is off topic?

The IAM represents over 45,000 at Boeing.

700UW said:
This is about the IAM at DL Airlines not Boeing, so who is off topic?

The IAM represents over 45,000 at Boeing.
Oh! So it's ok for you to talk about all the wonderful things the IAM has done at "OTHER" airlines, but we can't talk about the sh!tty things the IAM has done at places other than DL...............Got it!

Again, why the f%^#  are you pushing a union, with no relation to the IAM or DL?

• Banned
  • #2,456
10455444_792164547474277_5111344691334642886_n.jpg

"Union forces through concessions contract at Caterpillar in Illinois!"

"The mood as the workers left the union hall Friday was one of bitterness and anger. Many denounced the union officials, yelling “traitors” and “sellouts” as they left the hall, in defiance of IAM officials who were trying to keep them from speaking to the press."

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2012/08/cate-a18.html

You bring the positive spin, 700, of the IAM at DL and I'll bring the negative.
Make sure the voters are making an informed decision.........you shouldn't have a problem with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back