IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
but they are far less restrictive than pm AA had and the reason you can claim that new AA does more in-house is because of pm AA rules, not because of what AA has now - which was greatly weakened in BK - or what US has - which you yourself have acknowledged were decimated by US in BK, esp. number 2.

DL is still adding more mainline jobs and reducing regional carrier capacity faster than any other US airline.

• Banned
  • #2,417
Much was gained back in the transition agreement in 2008, forget that fact?

I don't need to know the timeline... I am only interested in what exists today.

on a standalone basis, DL employees were better off than US at the time of the merger. It is only because pm AA had stronger labor restrictions prior to BK that AA was in better shape - but much of that was eliminated in BK.

As of today, there is no basis for saying that the protections that any unionized carrier has are superior to what DL employees have.

If DL employees were worse off, they would be flocking to the unions.

But they are not.

in fact, the IAM is engaged in a campaign to try to convince DL employees to unionize. The ballot box consistently shows that DL employees aren't interested.

• Banned
  • #2,419
DL has ZERO Protections for their non-union employees, they are employees at will, which means DL can do what they please as long as they are within the law.

You are making things up once again.

They have no scope and no job protections as non-union employees at will.

yes, they do.

they just are not written.

In practice, DL offers more REAL protection than at the unionized airlines whose mgmts. have looked for every opportunity to destroy what is in writing.

If DL employees thought they were in an inferior position, they would be jumping for the unions... but they are not.

they know better.

your sales job has failed.

• Banned
  • #2,421
No they dont.

DL can do can close, layoff and outsource at will and the employees have no recourse, DL can tell them move here to work or you are out of a job.

LGA MAT outsourced yet, mainline terminal is DL employees. 

With a CBA there are written rules on how things are done and cant be changed until a new CBA is negotiated or an LOA is agreed too.

Stop being coy.

Ask MCO, MEM, CVG DFW, MSP, TPA about not having scope language.

you can cite anything you want but other airlines have done the same thing to an even larger degree. I don't expect you will ever provide a list of all of the cities where unionized employees used to have protection but it was stripped. CLE may be the latest but it will hardly be the last hub that unions rolled over and gave mgmt. what they wanted - the ability to cut hundreds of jobs with little consequence.

DL employees simply do not believe that a union adds any value to what they already have and the company doesn't have to work very hard in topping the very low bar which unions have provided for unionized employees at other airlines.

The evidence comes from the ballot box where DL employees have voted NO more times than any other group of employees in the history of the US airline industry.

If DL fails to deliver something better and the employees believe they can get something better, they will and should vote for unions... but they have not and will not.

• Banned
  • #2,423
But those CLE employees at UA have clear cut process in their CBA to keep their job, does DL?

Nope, they can do whatever and whenever they want when they close or reduce a station.

But those CLE employees at UA have clear cut process in their CBA to keep their job, does DL?

Nope, they can do whatever and whenever they want when they close or reduce a station.
 despite what you want to believe, DL has a process that they have used consistently and is no different than what any union offers other than that DL does not allow displaced employees to bump non-impacted employees out of their job/location. Few active employees support giving another employee the ability to bump them out of a job.

We have discussed it a billion times on here and you can try to bring it up again but DL employees know the process and aren't looking for changes.

If they did, they would have voted for a union - but have consistently said no.

Go sell encyclopedias or something else that is equally out of date.

As I predicted, retirement packages have been announced today June 12, 2014
news is that it is similar to other previous programs, right?

Any word from your peers regarding people who might take it?

These type of programs exist primarily to give people the opportunity to exit earlier than a full career and the company the opportunity to increase its efficiency or hire newer workers at lower costs.

They are stating due to healthcare reforms this will help those under age 65 who want to leave. Yes pretty much the same as last time but more details will be sent via email. 55 point is combined years of service and age must equal 55+ Must have 10 years if service

has been between 55 and 60 points for several years. A 40 year old with 15 years of service would qualify. Not a bad incentive to start a 2nd career

Yes, those who are thinking forward to the health care environment could benefit from health care alternatives.

Last time a 73 point plan was done as well.

Tempting, but I'll pass. Unlock my CTB bank, and I'd seriously consider it.

Baba- did you see anything about how the severance is factored? I assume it's 1 week per year of service? I saw he calculation formula, but not a multiplier. If there isn't one, it's an insulting offer (mine would work out to ~1k)...

Also, just once it'd be nice if they weren't so disingenuous; just admit it's a move to lower costs, and be done with it., ya know?

WorldTraveler said:

I have, in fact, used the term he/she to refer to FAs in the past; this time I didn't.

You most certainly did use the term this time, read the first sentence.   And for you to post a reason of there are more female F/A's than male so my guess of a female is logical because the poster "should" fall into the majority catagory says alot about your character.   Yes you did do it this time, stop lying, here is your first sentence:
"let's she how she feels when the "greed" which the company is sharing with her suddenly evaporates"

Not only did you sterotype once at the front of quote with "she" and again at end of post with "her", you were so quick to assume it was a female that you mispelled at the front putting a "she" in place of "see"  which makes even more dramatic where your train of thought was heavily focussed on while typing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back