IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
swamt said:
You most certainly did use the term this time, read the first sentence.   And for you to post a reason of there are more female F/A's than male so my guess of a female is logical because the poster "should" fall into the majority catagory says alot about your character.   Yes you did do it this time, stop lying, here is your first sentence:
"let's she how she feels when the "greed" which the company is sharing with her suddenly evaporates"

Not only did you sterotype once at the front of quote with "she" and again at end of post with "her", you were so quick to assume it was a female that you mispelled at the front putting a "she" in place of "see"  which makes even more dramatic where your train of thought was heavily focussed on while typing...
in the modern American English language, the default gender is male unless he/she is used or unless the group is predominantly female and then it is appropriate to use the she as the default or use she/he.

I don't really care about arguing about it but I also will not accept your insinuations that I am biased.

If you have knowledge of the gender of the poster or that DL's FA group is not predominantly female, then post I... otherwise, to use your own words STFU and focus on something that actually matters.

for the next couple weeks, the World Cup will draw far more attention than the IAM's pitiful and endless campaign.

700UW said:
Well then why would WT state ACS got multiple 12% increases?
I have said on MULTIPLE occasions that DL ACS, FAs, TechOps and nearly every other DL employee group has received 12% raises in total via multiple pay raises.

not even the pilots got 12% at one time.

Kev,
this is likely as good as any package will ever get at DL.

The only one that was better since BK was the enhanced medical program which paid up to 10 years of medical premiums - and few more people took it than other packages.

Enjoy the CUP!

• Banned
  • #2,434
WorldTraveler said:
What you absolutely cannot admit is that DL non-contract employees got multiple 12% increases in the same period and gave up no scope or productivity in order to gain it.

WorldTraveler said:
I have said on MULTIPLE occasions that DL ACS, FAs, TechOps and nearly every other DL employee group has received 12% raises in total via multiple pay raises.

not even the pilots got 12% at one time.

No you didnt, your posts, your words, lying again I see!

ok... I misspoke, not lied.

DL employees have received MULTIPLE PAY raises over the same period that DL pilots have received the 20%.

Again, focus on the gnats on my backside instead of dealing with the reality - which is absolutely true - that the IAM has delivered nothing anywhere close to its represented workers at DL's peer airlines.

in order what it gave to AS' workers, the company laid off huge portions of the workforce.

• Banned
  • #2,436
AS didnt lay off CSA and RES.

Try again using the facts and the truth.

WN's agents have better pay, work rules, benefits, scope etc... than DL's, and yes WN's CSA and RES are IAM.

just post for us what the IAM has done at DL's closest peer airlines - AA, UA, and US.

I have never said that WN doesn't have better pay and benefits but their growth is in a full scale groundstop and nothing is moving.

We even have one of their mechanics on here telling the company his less-than-loyal thoughts if they try to mess with the benefits he has and that WN is imposing on its non-contract employees.

WN's heyday of being the highest paid and having the fastest growing pay scales and best scope is coming to an end.

milk it for all it's worth while you can.

• Banned
  • #2,438
Lets see they havent done anything at AA since they dont represent them.

And yes at US and UA both have taken hits cause of chapter 11, and are on the right path for increases.

At US they overhaul more aircraft than any major except AA.

And at UA and US they have a Defined Benefit Plan, something which DL doesnt have.

And at UA and US they have scope language and job protections, something you dont have at DL.

don't waste my time during the World Cup repeating what has been discussed a million times before, even if you haven't got it yet.

UA and US' terminated pension plans are controlled by the PBGC, no the airlines. Both terminated all their plans in BK. Only DL's pilots were terminated.

Mainteannce is more than overhaul; US' total maintenance outsourcing is the highest among the legacy carriers.

DL employees benefit from real job protections, not some paper promises which the companies can and have torn up with no recourse.

the right path is not what counts unless it actually translates into true advantages. UA and US aren't there yet.

You better hope that Iraq doesn't fall apart; that will be all Parker needs to put an end to the merger honeymoon.

Kev3188 said:
Man, you sure were quick to (wrongly) assume that was written by a woman. Stereotype much?
"What difference does it really make", to quote a Libtard Demorat!

700UW said:
And WT is not being truthful by the end of this year the pilots will have gotten a 20% raise over the past 2 1/2 years, the agents havent even come close to that, the 2% or 3% the agents have received by now is no where near what the unionized pilots received at DL!
Become a pilot !

700UW said:
Hey Kev,

In the past 2 1/2 years has ACS gotten almost 20% increases in wages?
Hey Kev,

In the past 2 1/2 years has "ANY" ACS group gotten almost a 20% increase in wages?

700UW said:
They have no scope.

Why are there DGS workers at MAT LGA working Shuttle flight, yet at the main terminal its DL's own ramp?

And DL does not pay more than WN.

Your not being truthful once again.
Always worried about the guy who has more than you...........what a miserable life you must lead.

700UW said:
The combined US/AA has more AW and BW than DL and maintenance.

And DL's ACS have NO SCOPE at all, you cant grasp that concept.
Again, always worried about the guy who has more!

700UW said:
Actually they dont.

US and AA do more work in-house in every department than DL.
Really? So just how much work do they insource, in order to make a "Profit" for the company? Blasphemy, I know but, just answer the question along with,

"SO WHY DID IAM MEMBERS, AT BOEING, KICK THE IAM OUT"?

700UW said:
DL has ZERO Protections for their non-union employees, they are employees at will, which means DL can do what they please as long as they are within the law.

You are making things up once again.

They have no scope and no job protections as non-union employees at will.
Yep! Don't have to pay a 3rd party, in order to keep their golf course maintained!

BABABOOY said:
As I predicted, retirement packages have been announced today June 12, 2014
But, it was just a whisper!

Kev3188 said:
Last time a 73 point plan was done as well.

Tempting, but I'll pass. Unlock my CTB bank, and I'd seriously consider it.

Baba- did you see anything about how the severance is factored? I assume it's 1 week per year of service? I saw he calculation formula, but not a multiplier. If there isn't one, it's an insulting offer (mine would work out to ~1k)...

Also, just once it'd be nice if they weren't so disingenuous; just admit it's a move to lower costs, and be done with it., ya know?
Can you name a company who makes moves in order to "Increase" cost's?

• Banned
  • #2,442
WorldTraveler said:
don't waste my time during the World Cup repeating what has been discussed a million times before, even if you haven't got it yet.

UA and US' terminated pension plans are controlled by the PBGC, no the airlines. Both terminated all their plans in BK. Only DL's pilots were terminated.

Mainteannce is more than overhaul; US' total maintenance outsourcing is the highest among the legacy carriers.

DL employees benefit from real job protections, not some paper promises which the companies can and have torn up with no recourse.

the right path is not what counts unless it actually translates into true advantages. UA and US aren't there yet.

You better hope that Iraq doesn't fall apart; that will be all Parker needs to put an end to the merger honeymoon.
What job protections?

Do they have a CBA that guarantees pay, workrules, scope, benefits and pension?

Nope they dont, they are employees at will, do I need to explain that to you as it seems you clearly dont grasp the difference?

They only way airlines were successful was them using  bankruptcy to tear those up, even DL used Bankruptcy, but they didnt have to use the courts to make changed to ACS and inflight or maintenance.

And at anytime DL can outsource, layoff, close, open, cut pay, raise pay, etc....

US performs in-house a minimum of 50% of all billable hours of heavy maintenance, and doesnt outsource any line functions, unlike DL, who outsources all their mods on widebodies and all overhaul.

actually wt, the iam pension is what the iam represented employees at US (UA??) have      Does DL do a 401k match?

give it a rest.

we all know that DL employees don't have a written contract.

what DL employees do have is a far better track record of job protection, pay increases, and labor-mgmt. cooperation than any other legacy peer.

DL went thru BK as well but DL employees didn't pay the price that any other airline did.

robbed,
isn't the IAM pension a replacement to the US pension that was terminated? If so, then it still does not cover the entire working career of a US employee.
and because defined benefit pension plans cost companies more than defined contribution plans, US is taking the extra costs out of some other part of the compensation.

and DL does provide a 401K match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back