IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Banned
  • #2,386
Kevin didnt perform struck work.

And did you cross the AMFA picket lines that were set up at ATL?

Northwest owes whatever “success” it has achieved largely to the betrayal carried out by the trade union bureaucracy. The airline has been able to continue its operations only because of decisions by the Air Line Pilots Association and the International Association of Machinists, both member unions of the AFL-CIO, to cross picket lines. The Professional Flight Attendants Association (PFAA), which like the AMFA is an independent union, has also decided to continue work.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2005/08/nwa-a23.html

So thanks for helping put mechanics out of a job at NW, IAM!

southwind said:
Northwest owes whatever “success” it has achieved largely to the betrayal carried out by the trade union bureaucracy. The airline has been able to continue its operations only because of decisions by the Air Line Pilots Association and the International Association of Machinists, both member unions of the AFL-CIO, to cross picket lines. The Professional Flight Attendants Association (PFAA), which like the AMFA is an independent union, has also decided to continue work.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2005/08/nwa-a23.html

So thanks for helping put mechanics out of a job at NW, IAM!
AMEN brother, AMEN!!!  BTW there were even more that crossed those picket lines when AMFA struck at NWA.    At least AMFA is the union willing to take action. All the other industrial unions are all willing to cave, give up, wave the white flag, and "AGREE" to every and all concessions that the co puts forth.   This is why AMFA is so scared of by the companies as well as the industrial unions as they are willing to stand and fight, not just sit back and agree, agree, and agree to constant concessions after concessions over and over again.   Get a clue people, get a freakin clue...

700UW said:
Kevin didnt perform struck work.
That's right; I didn't. It was one of the easiest decisions I've ever made in my career.

There's also about 3M threads on here discussing AMFA at NW in great detail from many different angles. Guess I shouldn't be surprised Southwind missed them, though. Maybe a little too convenient even?

southwind said:
Northwest owes whatever “success” it has achieved largely to the betrayal carried out by the trade union bureaucracy.

Also discussed ad nauseam, but there was a big difference between the sentiment at the top and what the rank-and-file were thinking. 

swamt said:
At least AMFA is the union willing to take action.
Militancy and an engaged rank-and-file are both good things. Not for nothing, many of the changes that will be made to how things are done going forward at the IAM at DL mirror current practices at the AMFA (officers on the floor, more transparency, and so on).

Here's a testimonial from an F/A taken from WCDFA:

"I have never been a Union member. Earlier in my career at Delta I was opposed to Union representation. After working in management my opinion changed. I was privy to a lot of internal goings on that I found to be unethical. I vocalized my concerns then as I do now. I will admit I, personally, have a strong sense of altruism. It is frustrating for me to see the increase in corporate greed. There is no logical reason, IMO to force FAs to work, at times, with little rest and on aircraft that make their jobs so unnecessarily difficult. Management has demonstrated they are not concerned with our issues. They provide FAs with the minimum they can get away with. Pilots, on the other hand, have a Union and have been successful in negotiating more than the minimum for their group. I have spent a great deal of time discussing the pros and cons of having a Union with different pilots throughout the years, trying to learn if my pro stance was justified. It was surprising to me when even the pilots who voiced their dislike of ALPA and of Unions in general admitted they would not want to be without a Union. Not one single pilot has ever told me she/he wanted to be Union free."

That may be just one's opinion but WCDFA  page ?  really? That site is nothing but a toxic waste comprised mostly of 
disgruntled former employees who have NO class and the Delta name shouldn't even be attached. The personal vile attacks 
rival this forum.  Those who  truly wan't a Union know that site only hurts them as does the NoWay site hurts their cause as well.

let's she how she feels when the "greed" which the company is sharing with her suddenly evaporates. Does she have even the slightest clue that DL's non-contract employees have seen the most pay raises, the largest increases in profit sharing, and the greatest increase in total compensation of any airline employee group in the US?

If she wants to see what greed is, then she has no clue what happens when a union stands between workers and mgmt. and the company digs in its heels and tells labor to pound sand - exactly as is happening at other carriers that have union representation.

Altruism is great but it isn't reality and it won't happen just because a union shows up.

IN fact, the opposite effect than she wants will happen.

It is precisely because the vast majority of DL employees understand that reality that unionization efforts among the largest employee groups have failed repeatedly.

No right-minded DL employee is going to trade thousands of dollars in pay increases for the promise of altruism that will never happen.

and baba,
you forgot to add that there are very few, if any participants, on that forum that actually use their real name even if they are actually DL employees. what is written there has no more validity than what is scribbled on the bathroom walls of airport XYZ

• Banned
  • #2,397
And WT is not being truthful by the end of this year the pilots will have gotten a 20% raise over the past 2 1/2 years, the agents havent even come close to that, the 2% or 3% the agents have received by now is no where near what the unionized pilots received at DL!

Baba--

Like it or not, WCDFA has a lot of reach. I agree that there is no shortage of white noise, but there is still so e good even on there. The admin has also repeatedly stated that with very few exceptions, nothing will get censored. Can't say that about NoWay, 360, or even DP.

All that aside, If you had to pick an FB page, which one would it be, then?

700UW said:
And WT is not being truthful by the end of this year the pilots will have gotten a 20% raise over the past 2 1/2 years, the agents havent even come close to that, the 2% or 3% the agents have received by now is no where near what the unionized pilots received at DL!
I'm still stuck on the irony of his believing "most" members of WCDFA are fake profiles. All the more ironic given that we're on a site where,what, 4 people use their legal names?

• Banned
  • #2,400
Hey Kev,

In the past 2 1/2 years has ACS gotten almost 20% increases in wages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back