IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
700UW said:
This is about the IAM campaign at DL, not the former vought plant in SC.
So are there different IAM organizations then or is the IAM that got voted out at Boeing the same IAM that is trying to get it's foot in the door at DL?

If I were voting, I'd want to know "EVERYTHING" concerning the peeps who were going to control my wallet......good and "Bad"!

WorldTraveler said:
can I ask you, Kev, if the reason for less movement than you expected is because people are not wanting to move, aren't meeting the requirements, there aren't as many jobs on the bid sheet as expected, or rampers are not being selected while others are - or is there some other reason?

With the possible exception of not wanting to move, none of the above?

The idea we were sold during the last campaign was that one could flit back & forth between ramp & counter almost at will. That's obviously not the case (and never really was), and reality is much closer to what we had at NW, the sole (albeit significant)  difference being that you carry your DOH wherever you go. 

thank you, sir.

I do agree that if the notion that you could move back and forth on a seasonal process was what was sold, that is not something that DL has done on any regular basis.

There are many people who have worked both areas and it is generally preferable to have experience in multiple areas of ACS when moving into mgmt., even if you intend to stay in one area of ACS.

last campaign means unionization drive?

Kev3188 said:
The drive to retain representation at the onset of the merger...
Your perspective, but to a greater number of your co-workers it was a fight to remain unorganized and defend the direct relationship.

Josh

As for inflight, the prevailing theme is that the IAM is trying to keep a sinking ship afloat with their finger in a hole.  Cards
are quickly expiring and the focus has shifted to stemming the big losses by trying to convince flight attendants to re-sign.    Close to
2 years now and over 20,000 + f/a's on property with more coming, I believe the sinking ship analogy is about right.  I can't imagine
them even coming close to 7000 let alone the 10,000 +1 they need.
edit to add
to throw another wrench in the IAM's plans.
The impending announcement regarding another retirement package.
This will only hurt their efforts. 

BABABOOY said:
As for inflight, the prevailing theme is that the IAM is trying to keep a sinking ship afloat with their finger in a hole.  Cards
are quickly expiring and the focus has shifted to stemming the big losses by trying to convince flight attendants to re-sign.    Close to
2 years now and over 20,000 + f/a's on property with more coming, I believe the sinking ship analogy is about right.  I can't imagine
them even coming close to 7000 let alone the 10,000 +1 they need.
edit to add
to throw another wrench in the IAM's plans.
The impending announcement regarding another retirement package.
This will only hurt their efforts. 

Yeah, I'd love to have a chat with the organizers like Debbie Ruehl or Lucia Campos, but I don't generally fly from DTW so I probably won't have that opportunity.  The F/As with flying D pins always provide excellent service and I recognize them with my Job Well Done certificates.

Josh

I enjoy engaging in dialogues even with people I don't always agree with. I listen, ask questions, and judge accordingly. Haven't flown DL in ages-I'm sticking to my AA but will start flying DL more once things get Tempe'd. And if you are in BOS or MIA, drop me a line happy to meet you for a drink or have you over for dinner.  It would be a real privilege to meet you Kev, although I disagree with your perspective I still respect you as a participant on this forum and hardworking DL employee.

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back