IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with most of what you posted but IMO onboard management should be on all flights, especially long haul international to supervise.

As for surveys if anything DL over surveys me as a Platinum Medallion. It seems like after every single phone call and flight I receive one. Sometimes I complete them other times I don't, I just hope someone in ATL reads them.

Josh

• Banned
  • #1,892
There is no way they would put management on all flights, it would cost them too much money and it wouldn't improve service.

They why do Cathay Pacific and Singapore Airlines, both unionized, have them onboard? Your foreign counterpart unionists respect customers and deliver professional service, can't say the same about United AFA.

Josh

Is it a fact they do that? Bec thats a helluva lot of extra expenses etc esp in a modern era where costs have to be neutral

robbedagain said:
Is it a fact they do that? Bec thats a helluva lot of extra expenses etc esp in a modern era where costs have to be neutral
Yes Robbed I have flown numerous times on both carriers (and other leading foreign carriers) there is considerably more accountability and management of in-flight crews. Never flown Emirates or Etihad but my understanding is they have the same.

Josh

I agree with most of what you posted but IMO onboard management should be on all flights, especially long haul international to supervise.
Seems a bit much. The financial aspect is one thing, but I think the unintended consequences would far outweight that. IFS professionals shouldn't need to be baby sat, and those that may need it should be held accountable.

"Good service" is often a hard thing to qualify, but people generally know it when they see it. If it's a consistency issue, then that needs to be addressed at a systemic level, and can (and should) be handled by the pursers.

... can't say the same about United AFA.

Josh
Isn't this a IAM/DL thread?

• Banned
  • #1,898
And those airlines you mentioned are protected and basically monopolies

Kev3188 said:
Seems a bit much. The financial aspect is one thing, but I think the unintended consequences would far outweight that. IFS professionals shouldn't need to be baby sat, and those that may need it should be held accountable.

"Good service" is often a hard thing to qualify, but people generally know it when they see it. If it's a consistency issue, then that needs to be addressed at a systemic level, and can (and should) be handled by the pursers.

True and I've had awesome service from most DL F/As on the majority of my flights. Is it as polished as an Asian carrier? No, and I didn't go in with those expectations. There are a few bad apples out there on all carriers and I think having supervision would go a long way to ensure service standards are upheld and procedures are followed. You wouldn't have F/As occupying passenger seats while on duty and making excessive noise in the galleys.

700UW said:
And those airlines you mentioned are protected and basically monopolies
Shows how little you actually know. They are both private, publicly traded companies that compete with other carriers.

Josh

• Banned
  • #1,900
CX has HKG protected and the Chinese government controls the Chinese market and practices protectionism.

there is ample competition for transpacific service on those routes. We're not talking about intraChina service.

it doesn't change that DL people do the job they do as good or better than their peers in the midst of much more intense competition.

• Banned
  • #1,902
10307407_554704334645429_922429543608302405_n.jpg

• Banned
  • #1,905
Full of lies again there Joshie.

Dues are paid to the Local Lodge, District Lodge and the Grand Lodge.

The IAM's employees pay dues to the IAM Reps Association, not the IAM.

The Members pay dues to the IAM, see above.

And once again, the IAM doesnt take $2.5 billion to give to the shareholders and not the employees.

Stalking me again I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back