IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has posted on social media since taking office that she is updating her F/A manual for a trip, trying to find a link.

And again AS is current represented by AFA, American Airlines, successor of TWA is not and never has been. Roach and Sito are there for their own careers with the union. You aren't a fan of Roach as you claim, why are you here defending him?

Josh

• Banned
  • #1,742
1173702_10203061957644995_8297888322971044702_n.jpg

737823 said:
She has posted on social media since taking office that she is updating her F/A manual for a trip, trying to find a link.

And again AS is current represented by AFA, American Airlines, successor of TWA is not and never has been. Roach and Sito are there for their own careers with the union. You aren't a fan of Roach as you claim, why are you here defending him?

Josh
To people like 700, it's "Get your foot in the front door", no matter who's behind the curtain, pulling the strings!

737823 said:
Robbed,
I think DL runs a solid operation, seems like a decent place to work, and has been fairly innovative later. Do I think DL is the best airline in the world? No. AA is my US carrier of choice, DL is probably number two. Plenty of legitimate critiques from my perspective about DL but on the whole they are a fine company.

Fraud on the part of a few does not make an entire organization and its employees all fraudulent. If one US FSA in one station stole items from passengers luggage and I painted all FSAs with the same brush you wouldn't like it would you?

Josh
Right. IOW, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Please keep that in mind when posting.

Kev can you comment on the current IAM dues structure? Do you believe it's regressive as many have stated (Jay Cronk, Karen Asunscion)

Josh

southwind said:
Nowhere above, did I see any mention of making the company prosperous !
Why would you? We-as in you, me, and our ~80k coworkers- already create value for this enterprise. And since a union is it's members, wouldn't that go without saying?

WorldTraveler said:
Kev
you forgot:

and it looks like NW.

Your graphic couldn't be more telling.
It's a red letter day. My $$$ was on you to be the first to notice that.

...I doubt it was intentional. Sometimes things are what they are...

737823 said:
Kev can you comment on the current IAM dues structure? Do you believe it's regressive as many have stated (Jay Cronk, Karen Asunscion)

Josh
For me personally, I'm a fan of dues being a percent of income. It's a much clearer (and, IMO, equitable) way to do it. Set amounts are all well and good, but impact someone on the lower end of a pay scale much more than someone like me that's topped out. Dispensation can take care of that, of course (we did that in one of my locals), but I think it's just easier to take care of it by adopting a different structure in the first place.

Kev3188 said:
Why would you? We-as in you, me, and our ~80k coworkers- already create value for this enterprise. And since a union is it's members, wouldn't that go without saying?

It's a red letter day. My $$$ was on you to be the first to notice that.

...I doubt it was intentional. Sometimes things are what they are...

For me personally, I'm a fan of dues being a percent of income. It's a much clearer (and, IMO, equitable) way to do it. Set amounts are all well and good, but impact someone on the lower end of a pay scale much more than someone like me that's topped out. Dispensation can take care of that, of course (we did that in one of my locals), but I think it's just easier to take care of it by adopting a different structure in the first place.

Thanks Kev, I agree.

According to Roach, they need to "secure the union" and a different dues structure is not viable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY0Q7exWgEc

Josh

737823 said:
According to Roach...
Yeah, well, consider the source...

You know where I'm at with that, so no need for us to rehash it.

That said, employees at DL have been told to expect their own district(s) when representation is secured, so I don't think establishing a percentage-based dues structure would be off the table.

• Banned
  • #1,753
Actually the grand lodge wanted to change to a percentage years ago and the members didn't support it at the convention.

True. My memory's vague here, but IIRC, it was the railroad side of the house that torpedoed it?

At any rate, I don't see any reason why it couldn't be implemented going forward. Based on conversations I've had, and what others around the system have shared with me, it's a pretty popular idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back