IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
and youre part of the JP Fraudulent company in which not one darn clown has seen prison or court for destroying the country financially   right..   and yet you like your cohort partner think delta is the best best best etc  and that all other airlines suck

Robbed,
I think DL runs a solid operation, seems like a decent place to work, and has been fairly innovative later. Do I think DL is the best airline in the world? No. AA is my US carrier of choice, DL is probably number two. Plenty of legitimate critiques from my perspective about DL but on the whole they are a fine company.

Fraud on the part of a few does not make an entire organization and its employees all fraudulent. If one US FSA in one station stole items from passengers luggage and I painted all FSAs with the same brush you wouldn't like it would you?

Josh

Hopefully 700 can explain why the Grand Lodge (international) and District 142 are full of ex-TWA people who haven't worked in the industry for over a decade and whose work group is no longer paying dues to the IAM. It would seem they are taking advantage of a cushy gig and hanging around for their own interests. Why should the DL employees sustain this?

Josh

• Banned
  • #1,729
The former TW are now current AA employees.

As is Roach and Sito, they have been since 2001 on Union Leave of absence.

As is Tom Higgenbotham.

That is all that is left.

700UW said:
The former TW are now current AA employees.

As is Roach and Sito, they have been since 2001 on Union Leave of absence.

As is Tom Higgenbotham.
That is all that is left.
For those keeping score at home he is talking about two members of the executive council-including the number two General Secretary Treasurer position and lead of the Transportation Department. Higgenbotham runs District 142 which includes US M&R, Alaska, Southwest, and ExpressJet.

You posted before that you think they should be gone. And they are now sAA not sUS, so they would be under TWU not IAM. How are they current if they haven't worked in more than 13 years (at least)? I would love to see them work under the AA/TWU terms but doubt that would ever happen.

I know nothing about Pantoja, but was anything but a fan of Roach's.
Not for nothing, but what's the deal w/2 ex-TW people holding high offices? Where are the UA/US/AS/HA/WN people? (just a rhetorical question)
Kev,

I have to agree, I was part of 142 and was a rep and on the NC, I dont get how most of DL 142 is AA employees who were former TW, if the airline you work/worked for is no longer part of the IAM, you should be removed from office.

I like Sito, he has the attack attitude, never was a fan or Roach either, he sold us M&R out at US, I dont want to post it on here, but if you want to know PM me.

There are GCs from US/WN/CO/COEX/WN on the DL 142 E-Board, but I agree, if your no longer IAM, you should finish out your term, and be gone.

Oh and Jester, I watched Fleet at US vote down a union a few times, and it even still took three years for fleet to unionize after the company pillaged them.
Josh

700UW said:
Unions dont finance its members.

Dues are used at the local, district and international level so to support the membership.

Dont lie and use misinformation.
So where does the money come from to pay the Prez and the rest?

Or don't you believe people, who's money your asking for, should know where it's going?

• Banned
  • #1,733
737823 said:
For those keeping score at home he is talking about two members of the executive council-including the number two General Secretary Treasurer position and lead of the Transportation Department. Higgenbotham runs District 142 which includes US M&R, Alaska, Southwest, and ExpressJet.

You posted before that you think they should be gone. And they are now sAA not sUS, so they would be under TWU not IAM. How are they current if they haven't worked in more than 13 years (at least)? I would love to see them work under the AA/TWU terms but doubt that would ever happen.

Josh
And your point is?

The IAM is controlled by out of touch self serving officials interested in maintaining their cushy lifestyle not advancing the interests of DL employees.

Josh

737823 said:
The IAM is controlled by out of touch self serving officials interested in maintaining their cushy lifestyle not advancing the interests of DL employees.

Josh
Survival... above all else!

• Banned
  • #1,736
737823 said:

Josh
How are they out of touch?

Do you know what they do and when they are in the field?

No you dont, so keep up with the lies and misinformation.

Kev has posted that they are out of step when was the last time they worked in the industry? They are clearly milking it and DL people want no part in this scam.

Josh

• Banned
  • #1,738
Clueless again I see.

Show me any International Union President VP or anyone from the Executive Council, from ALPA, AFA, APA, APFA, TWU, IAM, UAW, IBT, IBEW, AMFA and the rest that work in the field, you wont because the membership elected them to run the union, not work at their previous job.

You are truly ignorant on how things work.

Veda Shook AFA-CWA President is a PDX based AS F/A and regularly works the line. Again these IAM leaders are from a carrier that no longer exists they are clearly taking for their own benefit and milking the system.

Josh

• Banned
  • #1,740
She is on union leave of absence.

VEDA SHOOK
International President
Association of Flight Attendants-CWA, AFL-CIO
veda_shook_afa_intl_president.png

Veda Shook, International President of the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA (AFA-CWA) since January 1, 2011, is proud to be a Flight Attendant. As the top AFA officer, she is responsible for the overall leadership and direction of the union. Veda is the chief spokesperson for the union, primary liaison with other unions and labor organizations, airlines, industry groups and governmental agencies. Veda is also a member of the AFL-CIO Executive Council, a Vice President on the CWA Executive Board, Vice Chair of the Cabin Crew Committee for the International Transport Workers' Federation (ITF), and serves on the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) Labor Advisory Board. Veda continues flying and sounding out members as president of the world’s largest union representing only Flight Attendants.

In 1991, after earning her bachelor’s degree in International Relations from the University of Colorado-Boulder, with fluency in French, Veda moved to Portland, Ore. She was hired with Alaska Airlines as a Flight Attendant on June 7, 1991.

Her Duties:

The International President
1. Jurisdiction and Duties
a. The President shall be the Chief Executive and Administrative Head of the Union.
The President shall supervise the affairs and functions of the Union, and shall
coordinate its activities. The President shall be responsible for and supervise the
managerial functions within the Union. The President shall consult with and be
assisted by the Vice President and the Secretary-Treasurer in furthering the objectives
and policies of the Board of Directors and the Executive Board. The President shall
have such other assistants as s/he may deem necessary.
b. The President shall determine and implement the organizational structure of the
International Office in accordance with the declared policies of the Board of
Directors and Executive Board. The President and Secretary-Treasurer shall jointly
appoint a properly qualified employee of the Union to see to the administration of the
fiscal affairs and records of the Union and perform such other duties as are assigned
by the President or the Secretary-Treasurer.
c. The President is charged with carrying out the policies of the Board of Directors and
the Executive Board. The President shall, unless otherwise provided in this
Constitution and Bylaws, serve as Chairperson of the Board of Directors and the
Executive Board.
d. The President shall call regular meetings of the Board of Directors and Executive
Board as required by this Constitution and may call special meetings at any time.
e. The President shall be the official spokesperson for the Union in all its external
relations and may authorize counsel or other agents of the Union to speak for the
Union in her/his place and stead. When such external communications have direct
bearing on a carrier the President will notify that carrier's Master Executive Council
President before speaking on its behalf.
f. The President may appoint Assistants to the President when necessary. Such
appointment shall be approved by the Executive Board in session or by electronic or
mail ballot. If a mail ballot is circulated, the ballot will be mailed within thirty (30)
days of said appointment.
g. The President may ballot the Board of Directors or the Executive Board for any cause
the President deems necessary. Should flight security problems of an international,
regional or operational character require, or for any other reason in which only a
portion of the membership is concerned, the President may ballot the Master
Executive Council involved. Should these flight security problems be of such a
serious nature that the President may desire to call a withdrawal of service of all
carriers, the President shall be so authorized after conducting a ballot of the
Executive Board.
h. The President shall be required to ballot the Board of Directors as provided in Part
I.A. of the Strike Benefit and Assessment Policy.
i. The President may establish, charge and appoint committees for services as needed in
the furtherance of Union projects. Such committees shall be known as Presidential
Committees and shall report directly to the President. Interim reports of committee
progress shall be periodically provided to the Executive Board. The President may
terminate Presidential Committees at any time.
j. Additionally, the President shall perform any duties mentioned elsewhere in the
Constitution and Bylaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back