ATTENTION RESERVE FLIGHT ATTENDANTS (and BH's too...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes change is difficult but this turning back the clock, IMO.

As a reserve, you might be better off if they recalculated rig on split trips. And raised the minimum guarantee. And got rid of the LTO system..

Be careful what you wish for. The job you save might be your own.

Yes change is difficult but this turning back the clock, IMO.

As a reserve, you might be better off if they recalculated rig on split trips. And raised the minimum guarantee. And got rid of the LTO system..

Be careful what you wish for. The job you save might be your own.

I might be better off?? Hello, I'd be a hell of a lot better off! And, I don't see a contract passing without better pay for splits, REGARDLESS if we ditch the pilots or not. Same goes for the guarantee increase and the rejection of the LTO system. Those things are no brainers. People are fed up.

If we receive the same pay (rigs) for the same work as the pilots, yet our trips are more PRODUCTIVE (ie tag a leg on each end, for example), turn the clock back all you want! I am here to work, to maximize my time, and to enjoy a life (at least I thought I was before LTO.. ). Put me to work, give me adequate rest in between (14-17 hours versus 25hours!!), and I'm fine. If I am furloughed due to enhanced productivity in the new contract, at least I'll have a decent job to look forward to when I return, as opposed to flying a RDU turn split worth 1+30 plus one OPR then sitting for a week and a half..

Tell me again why I need to ride the pilots coattails, if I have proper contractual provisions in place in my own contract?

Solidarity.

Also, how can we demand the same rest requirements and facilities as the pilots for TLV on the one hand yet throw away those same benefits for domestic flying with the other?

Solidarity.

Right. Just like they showed us solidarity when they negotiated our rigs away? You must be joking.

Also, how can we demand the same rest requirements and facilities as the pilots for TLV on the one hand yet throw away those same benefits for domestic flying with the other?

We are demanding the same crew rest that other FA's at other airlines have for flights 12+ hours; forget about the pilots.

Solidarity.

I'm sorry but the only old school is your thinking. The whole point of going to work, is well, TO WORK. I have done plenty of trancon turns, or other high time turns and they are no worse then flying 3 legs with sits in between. I'd take the transcon turn any day. When I can, I'd rather have 22 days off in a month rather then 12, to spread out my flying and be "fresh faced".

As for pairings that switch aircraft and crew, I find it odd and worrying that you can't or couldn't manage that. A plane is a plane, and as a F/A I can go from a 737 to a 767 or 777 and have no problem pre-flighting it, and working on different planes leg to leg. In the end US Airways doesn't have 20 aircraft types that it did long ago. I think for people like yourself that want to fly 70 hours and work 20 days doing it, you should bid for the lines/trips that allow for it, but put your old school thinking aside and think what your group wants as a whole.

Right. Just like they showed us solidarity when they negotiated our rigs away? You must be joking.

We are demanding the same crew rest that other FA's at other airlines have for flights 12+ hours; forget about the pilots.

Sorry, I haven't responded sooner. I've been flying.

By the way, you can thank ALPA for giving our rigs up.

ALPA doesn't live here anymore. Thank God!!

I'm sorry but the only old school is your thinking. The whole point of going to work, is well, TO WORK. I have done plenty of trancon turns, or other high time turns and they are no worse then flying 3 legs with sits in between. I'd take the transcon turn any day. When I can, I'd rather have 22 days off in a month rather then 12, to spread out my flying and be "fresh faced".

As for pairings that switch aircraft and crew, I find it odd and worrying that you can't or couldn't manage that. A plane is a plane, and as a F/A I can go from a 737 to a 767 or 777 and have no problem pre-flighting it, and working on different planes leg to leg. In the end US Airways doesn't have 20 aircraft types that it did long ago. I think for people like yourself that want to fly 70 hours and work 20 days doing it, you should bid for the lines/trips that allow for it, but put your old school thinking aside and think what your group wants as a whole.

Well, you don't work here, so I think your opinion is moot.

Also, you assume too much, child. What you do with you life is your business and not mine and I expect the same.

I'm knocking down 90 hrs of hard time every month and have been for over 20 yrs. so this old dino knows her business.

Personally, I think you're a joke. IMO.

Flybynite.

You have really good points. Philly is miserable. Can you explain a huge airport with lots of International flying, and they only use 2 runways for arrivals and departures at the most busiest times??? My lord.. :down: PHX uses 3 runways, 2 for arrivals and 1 for takeoffs. Go figure???
Spliting up with pilots is no big deal, if you can run it smoothly. I guess PHX and LAS are perfect in that sense. You will appeciatte the longer Transcon turns, if it will give you more flexiblility, and more days off, believe me! I think that is why PHX base flys a lot of CLT and PHL trips from West Coast because it is easier to schedule us those longer days and productive flying!! On a sour note, we have had this miserable 4 day pairing for months, with an LAS-BOS-PHX turn , on the last day!!! That is not RIGHT!!!!!
I hope we negotiate better flying that works for both East and West, including those w/x issues . :up:

Also, you assume too much, child. What you do with you life is your business and not mine and I expect the same.

I'm knocking down 90 hrs of hard time every month and have been for over 20 yrs. so this old dino knows her business.

The fact you call hard time 90 hours is just how fogged your personal view really is. 90 hours is less then 9 days worth of flying. Our trips are built for people to make money, so that is what you do. Considering I am not a part of your airline really doesn't matter. I am going by what a majority of your co-workers are saying what they want and expressing how it is. Since that is how it works for us at CAL and how we use to fly low-time waste of time trips like you have now. So maybe it's time for the self-proclaimed dino, to set off to greener pastures and let the people who want to make money.... Make money.... IMO.

Love it or hate it this is the type if flying you can get by NOT being schackled to the flight deck crew. This is the highest yield 4 day trip I could find in our Phoenix bid for September: 36.28 hours. Personally, I prefer 1 leg there and one leg home, but we need something for everybody. You Eastys keep on screaming about wanting to stay with the pilots. The company wants us seperate. Everything has a price, so the more you dig in your heels, the more the company is going to have to pony up for all us to get these high yield pairings they want us to fly AND the more they are going to have to pay us!

7627 MO TH REPORT AT 09.00/D EFFECTIVE SEP 17-SEP 24

4 FA

DAY FLT. EQP DEPARTS ARRIVES BLK. BLK. DUTY CR. LAYOVER MO TU WE TR FR SA SU

1 304 321 PHX 1000 CLT 1657 3.57 FBM 94

1 383 321 CLT 1955 LAS 2134 4.39 FCM 97

Crew Hotel Redacted

2 388 321 LAS 1115 CLT 1828* 4.13 FCM 94

2 383 321 CLT 1955 LAS 2134 4.39 FCM 97

Crew Hotel Redacted

3 388 321 LAS 1115 CLT 1828* 4.13 FCM 94

3 383 321 CLT 1955 LAS 2134 4.39 FCM 97

Crew Hotel Redacted

4 434 321 LAS 1125 PHL 1923* 4.58 FCM 94

4 257 321 PHL 2050 PHX 2300 5.10 FBM 97

10.08 12.35 10.08

CREDIT HRS. 36.28 BLK. HRS. 36.28 LDGS: 8 TAFB 86.15

Aloha from Hawaii. Low yield but my favorite one leg/one leg!

The fact you call hard time 90 hours is just how fogged your personal view really is. 90 hours is less then 9 days worth of flying. Our trips are built for people to make money, so that is what you do. Considering I am not a part of your airline really doesn't matter. I am going by what a majority of your co-workers are saying what they want and expressing how it is. Since that is how it works for us at CAL and how we use to fly low-time waste of time trips like you have now. So maybe it's time for the self-proclaimed dino, to set off to greener pastures and let the people who want to make money.... Make money.... IMO.

What you are hearing is just a few people on this board. Not the majority of my coworkers.

Also, what you fail to realize also, is the company builds the trips. They can build higher time trips if they wanted to now. With our pilots.

But by having less high time time trips the union knows it preserves jobs. It not always about having high time trips for the few. It's also about having trips for the many. That's also why we can drop down to 40 block hrs a month. That spreads the block hrs out to build more trips with. It preserves jobs.

I can't say what goes on at CAL. I don't work there. And wouldn't go on their board and criticize them for their opinion about their work rules. Much less suggest someone quit their job.
<_<

Tell me, how many days does it take you to make your hard time 90 hours, as opposed to before the rigs were changed?

What you are hearing is just a few people on this board. Not the majority of my coworkers.

You're right. The majority of our co- workers have no clue about much having to do with the new contract the AFA is negotiating, let alone what the Company has countered with. It's the same ones on the jumpseat that say, "the Union isn't even negotiating", not realizing that the Company has no obligation to negotiate with us until the contract expires. ( The same ones that would "have no problem" with rotating reserve... :lol:) Then, for kicks, I dare you to ask them when our contract expires.

Ask around a bit. You will be frightened.

Also, what you fail to realize also, is the company builds the trips. They can build higher time trips if they wanted to now. With our pilots.

So make them build higher time trips. If they want us to split from the pilots, make sure protections are in place. Make sure there are a variety of trips per domicile. This can all be negotiated, and should be, or they will use and abuse us the minute the contract is ratified. We all know that.

But by having less high time time trips the union knows it preserves jobs. It not always about having high time trips for the few. It's also about having trips for the many. That's also why we can drop down to 40 block hrs a month. That spreads the block hrs out to build more trips with. It preserves jobs.

That is great that it preserves jobs, but it is not in the interest of any company to have employees hanging around, and I doubt that this particular management team will negotiate a contract that 'preserves' unnecessary jobs for flight attendants. To do so is irresponsible to the employees and shareholders of the Company. It's also silly. Let's make the system stronger so, if there are personnel reductions, this is a job that is worth coming back to in the future...

Ask the bottom 20% of the seniority list if they are happy with sitting in a crash pad from Oct- May for 25 out of 31 days a month, and working their days off to receive a paycheck. It's ridiculous and wasteful.

I can't say what goes on at CAL. I don't work there. And wouldn't go on their board and criticize them for their opinion about their work rules. Much less suggest someone quit their job.
<_<

Bottom line is that CAL FA's are able to be more productive. Wouldn't you like to fly your 90 hours of hard time in less days? Makes sense to me.

7627 MO TH REPORT AT 09.00/D EFFECTIVE SEP 17-SEP 24

4 FA

DAY FLT. EQP DEPARTS ARRIVES BLK. BLK. DUTY CR. LAYOVER MO TU WE TR FR SA SU

1 304 321 PHX 1000 CLT 1657 3.57 FBM 94

1 383 321 CLT 1955 LAS 2134 4.39 FCM 97

Crew Hotel Redacted

2 388 321 LAS 1115 CLT 1828* 4.13 FCM 94

2 383 321 CLT 1955 LAS 2134 4.39 FCM 97

Crew Hotel Redacted

3 388 321 LAS 1115 CLT 1828* 4.13 FCM 94

3 383 321 CLT 1955 LAS 2134 4.39 FCM 97

Crew Hotel Redacted

4 434 321 LAS 1125 PHL 1923* 4.58 FCM 94

4 257 321 PHL 2050 PHX 2300 5.10 FBM 97

10.08 12.35 10.08

CREDIT HRS. 36.28 BLK. HRS. 36.28 LDGS: 8 TAFB 86.15

Aloha from Hawaii. Low yield but my favorite one leg/one leg!

Do this twice a month with 2 LHRs and I'm looking at 102+ hrs. in 14 days. When can I vote? I hear ya with the one leg thing, but money with more days off speaks loud and clear. Buh bye Pilots!!!!!

Do this twice a month with 2 LHRs and I'm looking at 102+ hrs. in 14 days. When can I vote? I hear ya with the one leg thing, but money with more days off speaks loud and clear. Buh bye Pilots!!!!!

Excellent TRIP! I would take 4 of those a month and you wouldn't hear a complaint out of me! I did a almost 40 hour 4-day on the 757-300, hard as hell, tiring, but well worth it and I would take 3-4 a month every month if I could. Our top out people that do fly 4 of those type trips a month walk away with, Base pay: $8,000.00, per diem: 643.00, if you work lead: $320.00, for a total months pay of, $8963.00. We also get quaterly premium pay of 3.00/hour over 85 hours flown, on 12/31/09 it will be back to 5.00 an hour up to 110 hours a month. So if you fly this trip 4 times a month, 12-13 days off, every month for a year at CAL your total pay would be $107,556.00. This is all I am really trying to convey to everyone, that if you like money we make it here at CAL.

Keep in mind you still have 4-5 days off a month extra then a 9-5er, and more hours of being in your own home. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back