AMFA Informational Meeting in PHX

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how long has amfa and WN been in section 6 now? And when was your last raise and when is the next one?

700UW said:
So how long has amfa and WN been in section 6 now? And when was your last raise and when is the next one?
I will happily discuss that after you answer this:

I will admit that I am not familiar with the details of the new IAM CBA. Tell me more about it.
I would be interested to hear how the PMUS guys will be getting raises compared to how the PMAA guys will be getting raises into the future without a JCBA.

I would like to know how these two groups will be treated the same under a TWU/IAM alliance with no JCBA

Listen 700 doesn't like the fact that mechanics want their "own" union and will blow whatever smoke up your azz, concerning the IAM, in order to make you think that the IAM is your best choice.
He's on every airline thread here promoting the IAM, for some reason and says he not a representative!

southwind said:
Listen 700 doesn't like the fact that mechanics want their "own" union and will blow whatever smoke up your ###, concerning the IAM, in order to make you think that the IAM is your best choice.
He's on every airline thread here promoting the IAM, for some reason and says he not a representative!
First of all if you had a brain you would know AMFA isnt just a mechanics union.

I post facts, which are verifable and are able to be checked by anyone.

Lets see, this thread is about the mechanics at US, which are represented by the IAM, and I post in the DL thread which is about the two grassroot efforts at DL for ACS and FAs and I post about the IAM on the AA board in regard to the Alliance.

So why dont you use your brain and learn to debate and post facts.

Why dont you pay off your bet to Kevin?

And what about you posting on the WN Whistleblower thread asking where his union was and in the article it clearly stated that effected workers was a manager.

Dont know how to read and comprehend?

southwind said:
Listen 700 doesn't like the fact that mechanics want their "own" union and will blow whatever smoke up your ###, concerning the IAM, in order to make you think that the IAM is your best choice.
yes I know, but he does have some info that I am curious about.

Heck, I don't care if these guys go AMFA or not, its their choice.
It would be better for me and WN guys if they don't go AMFA.

But personally, I believe everyone should have the same freedom we have out from under the big trade unions boots. It is a big difference being in control of ourselves.

WNMECH said:
I will happily discuss that after you answer this:

I will admit that I am not familiar with the details of the new IAM CBA. Tell me more about it.
I would be interested to hear how the PMUS guys will be getting raises compared to how the PMAA guys will be getting raises into the future without a JCBA.

I would like to know how these two groups will be treated the same under a TWU/IAM alliance with no JCBA
The PMUS mechanics just recieved a 10.53% raise and are getting another raise in September.

Here is a highlight of changes to the CBA and a link to the changes, if you would like a copy of the old CBA PM me an e-mail address and I will send it.

That is the changes:

http://www.iamdl142.... srbw edits.pdf

Here are the highlights:

http://www.iamdl142....candRelated.pdf

Nothing is going to change on how both PMAA and PMUS CBAs are going to be enforced.

The raises in 2015 are the same formula in the AA-TWU CBA and the IAM-US CBA.

And on the US side there are built in raises past the amendable date.

WeAAsles said:
I predict that I'm going to get remarried to a rich Russian model in my future.
For a thread about a union that represents only mechanics and related (AMFA), you, a fleet service clerk, have posted a lot of replies.   At last count, you've posted 16 times out of 81 replies, or nearly 20% of the posts in this thread.   That's substantially more than any other person, including some actual mechanics represented by AMFA.   Even quite a few more than the resident IAM booster.

700UW said:
Our last raise was on August 16, 2012.
That was also the date our contract be came amendable. The company is in multiple contract talks and have averaged 2 days a month with us since then.(44 days at last count I believe)
We added several groups to our ranks due to the AirTran merger, and have had to start from scratch on language for these groups. We have been patient to let the company slow walk the talks but I will not vote for a TA without retro. Signing bonuses and stock options are not as attractive as a higher base with retro.
I now make $43.89 per hour  plus 9.3% 401k match and a good profit-sharing check. I am not struggling, and feel very lucky and grateful to be where I am.
I also vote on everything at my union and am fully informed with our negotiations. Though there are limited seats, I can sign up, sit in and even participate in contract talks (participate in caucus, not speak to the company).

When it comes to the confidential financial information, arent the observers asked to leave?

I did read this before, and thank you for the reply.

700UW said:
When it comes to the confidential financial information, arent the observers asked to leave?

I did read this before, and thank you for the reply.
Actually, this did happen once for a few minutes when I was present, we were not in the dark though. We were informed what was being discussed and why. It didn't bother me at the time.
They stepped into the hall for a min, we weren't sent out of the room.

FWAAA said:
For a thread about a union that represents only mechanics and related (AMFA), you, a fleet service clerk, have posted a lot of replies.   At last count, you've posted 16 times out of 81 replies, or nearly 20% of the posts in this thread.   That's substantially more than any other person, including some actual mechanics represented by AMFA.   Even quite a few more than the resident IAM booster.
I'm just trying to set the new record. I heard the grand prize is an all expense paid vacation to Dollyworld. Or is that Dollywood? You know Dolly Parton.

Funny thing is FWAAA never states what they do, if I remember correctly that person isnt even an AA employee.

And WeAA, they cant debate with facts, so they try to shut down those who actually use facts and know what they are talking about.

AMFAinMIA is the biggest one, he constantly posts that I shouldnt post, no one should post unless they are an elitist mechanic wanting AFMA.

700UW said:
Funny thing is FWAAA never states what they do, if I remember correctly that person isnt even an AA employee.

And WeAA, they cant debate with facts, so they try to shut down those who actually use facts and know what they are talking about.

AMFAinMIA is the biggest one, he constantly posts that I shouldnt post, no one should post unless they are an elitist mechanic wanting AFMA.
When I'm not welcome somewhere is when I usually want to be there even more. Even my mom used to call me a pest, can you believe it? I used to poke her on the arm all the time when I was little saying Mom Mom Mom, all the time. Drove her nuts.

But no they don't like facts and they hate anyone who puts them out there including some in there own class and craft who refute them.

Sorry guys FSC or not I'm just not a fan of BS no matter who's selling it. Tell everyone the mistakes AMFA has made besides the things you like about them and maybe I'll back off a little. Let's hear some of the fine print shall we?

WeAAsles said:
When I'm not welcome somewhere is when I usually want to be there even more. Even my mom used to call me a pest, can you believe it? I used to poke her on the arm all the time when I was little saying Mom Mom Mom, all the time. Drove her nuts.

But no they don't like facts and they hate anyone who puts them out there including some in there own class and craft who refute them.

Sorry guys FSC or not I'm just not a fan of BS no matter who's selling it. Tell everyone the mistakes AMFA has made besides the things you like about them and maybe I'll back off a little. Let's hear some of the fine print shall we?
When you say mistake, you're speaking of the NW strike. The membership voted to strike in excess of 90%. The membership is the union, they chose to strike. It is what it is, and I haven't met any one who regrets that decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back