AMFA Informational Meeting in PHX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like amfa doesn't agree with the IAMNPF's own legal team on what would happen to the members of the IAM gets voted out.

swamt said:
Prove what you say sir.  Prove any one out here twisted up any thing about AMFA.  And prove that AMFA folk on this site "engaged" in that quite often.  List there quotes and prove they engaged in twisted information.  C'mon  list all examples you are talking about.  I dare you to do so...
Page after page after page of threads on the AA boards already have ALL that information and can verify to any reader who cares to do the backsurfing. You personally have twisted and attacked everything and everyone who does not support your cause and ignore and harass anyone who gives you facts against your agenda. The main one you do this with is when anyone tries to discuss the cause of issues which is bankruptcies. Oh you HATE when someone brings that up.

700UW said:
Just like amfa doesn't agree with the IAMNPF's own legal team on what would happen to the members of the IAM gets voted out.
There IAM pension would be frozen PERIOD. That is because they would no longer be represented by the IAM and there is no reason or law that states that that pension would continue.

If it were a company pension it would continue. But it is not . If any new union were voted in a new retirement option would have to be bargained for. How many years might that take?

Nice to hear the IAM will attend. Hopefully they won't show up in twu fashion like they did in Tulsa years back with a coffin in the back of a pickup truck. Parading around the streets and then blocking the door to the meeting.
"To the doors and stop!"

WeAAsles said:
Or because all you have is a dribble of people signing cards? Do you really think people forgot about what happened at NWA already? Your group F'd up there really really bad. Shall I post that website that shows 100's and 100's of their own members who crossed that picket line?

They're the people who now still have jobs at a Major airline where all the others who didn't are not. What a fiasco.
My point made referencing post #44.

700UW said:

1AA said:
Maybe they are communicating among themselves so they do not have to hear the dribbles of guys on this forum that are not in anyway related to the craft, do not work for either USAir or AA and are not represented by the IAM or TWU. Who could fit that scenario? Have a nice AMFA day at the meeting.

1AA said:

So since you cant refute the facts, you want to censor and omit people who know the facts from posting?

Go educate yourself, one's classification has nothing to to with one's education, knowledge, experience and skill levels now does it?

And I do have an interest, my son's mother is in the class and craft, so try again.

Have a a nice fact filled day and dont let the facts get in your way, as you cant refute nor debate, you would rather silence the opposition, did you not learn anything in history class?

WeAAsles said:
 The main one you do this with is when anyone tries to discuss the cause of issues which is bankruptcies. Oh you HATE when someone brings that up.

What does that mean?

I too stupid to understand.

I helped vote out the teamsters and now I have a say in everything my union does.
Pretty stupid huh?

WeAAsles said:
There IAM pension would be frozen PERIOD. That is because they would no longer be represented by the IAM and there is no reason or law that states that that pension would continue.

If it were a company pension it would continue. But it is not . If any new union were voted in a new retirement option would have to be bargained for. How many years might that take?

When there is a JCBA reached, it will be frozen anyway. Unless you think they will never be a combined group like the US-AWA pilots.
Then you will have the TWU and IAM infighting on which bases to fight for and which groups to let the company lay off next time.

Frozen doesn't mean they wont get their earned benefits.

WeAAsles said:
Page after page after page of threads on the AA boards already have ALL that information and can verify to any reader who cares to do the backsurfing. You personally have twisted and attacked everything and everyone who does not support your cause and ignore and harass anyone who gives you facts against your agenda. The main one you do this with is when anyone tries to discuss the cause of issues which is bankruptcies. Oh you HATE when someone brings that up.
You have me confused with someone else.  What part of the BK's do you wish to talk about.  How about where AMFA successfully came into UAL and actually nego stronger language to protect the mechanics in certain shops, lines of maint, hangar maint etc...  This was after the IAM agreed to all the cuts previously agreed to with the company.  

Aside from all that you still avoided what was brought to you.  Show any ones postings that has twisted any information about AMFA on here,  ANY...

WeAAsles said:

You are correct.  I have been telling him this for freakin months after months.  In the beginning 700 has spread all over these forums that the membership would in fact lose their pensions if they voted the IAM out.   I have been telling him over and over that they will not lose it simply by bringing in a new represenative union.  Yes it very well may get frozen (which is exactly why nobody should ever allow a union pension to be had---It's controlled by the union in a way that members are FORCED to stay with that union because they have a pension with them)  This basically is just another thorn in the members side not to throw out the union when they are not representing the membership as they should be.  
The continuation of said pension could in fact be moved and reinstated thru future nego's from any in coming union that would be voted in, if this is what the membership wants.   2 reasons not to have a union controlled pension, 1-  The very same situation the US guys are in right now, as the union(s) are using scare tactics and using the pension to hold them hostage to the IAM.  2-  The union can and will make any changes to the pension funds without membership input or votes, just look at the teamsters and what Hoffa did at UPS.
Thank you for your post above it has in fact cemented what I have been telling 700 for a long time now as he is one of the scare tactic spreaders on here...

WNMECH said:
When there is a JCBA reached, it will be frozen anyway. Unless you think they will never be a combined group like the US-AWA pilots.
Then you will have the TWU and IAM infighting on which bases to fight for and which groups to let the company lay off next time.

Frozen doesn't mean they wont get their earned benefits.
Yes frozen and no replacement until you get a contract. How many years do you think that MAY take? So for possibly X amount of years the company will contribute ZERO to the usairways members retirement.

And NO it will NOT be frozen when a JCBA is reached. Would you care to show the board where you got this information?

swamt said:
You have me confused with someone else.  What part of the BK's do you wish to talk about.  How about where AMFA successfully came into UAL and actually nego stronger language to protect the mechanics in certain shops, lines of maint, hangar maint etc...  This was after the IAM agreed to all the cuts previously agreed to with the company.  

Aside from all that you still avoided what was brought to you.  Show any ones postings that has twisted any information about AMFA on here,  ANY...
And AMFA as great as you say they are were successfully kicked out and removed at UAL. I guess the members there did not feel the same about AMFA as you? The members choice.

WeAAsles said:
Yes frozen and no replacement until you get a contract. How many years do you think that MAY take? So for possibly X amount of years the company will contribute ZERO to the usairways members retirement.
Most all pension nego agreements have been retro'd back.  No saying it's guarenteed but I would blame the membership (any membership) if they continue to allow the co to forgo retro and drag out nego's for as long as they like...

WeAAsles said:
And AMFA as great as you say they are were successfully kicked out and removed at UAL. I guess the members there did not feel the same about AMFA as you? The members choice.
they were duped by the negative campaign by the teamsters blaming AMFA for the layoffs etc...
Ask them now how happy they are at UAL with all the promises of the teamsters that they never followed thru with ONE of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back