AMFA Informational Meeting in PHX

Status
Not open for further replies.
swamt said:
Most all pension nego agreements have been retro'd back.  No saying it's guarenteed but I would blame the membership (any membership) if they continue to allow the co to forgo retro and drag out nego's for as long as they like...
We are ALL under contract until late 2017 at the minimum. How many times in your career have you seen negotiations drag out years after the amendable date?

Got to love that NMB process huh. Slower then a slug.

swamt said:
they were duped by the negative campaign by the teamsters blaming AMFA for the layoffs etc...
Ask them now how happy they are at UAL with all the promises of the teamsters that they never followed thru with ONE of them...
Duped huh? If you say so I guess. So you're saying they're stupid then? Basically that's how I read your comment.

WNMECH said:

When there is a JCBA reached, it will be frozen anyway. Unless you think they will never be a combined group like the US-AWA pilots.
Then you will have the TWU and IAM infighting on which bases to fight for and which groups to let the company lay off next time.

Frozen doesn't mean they wont get their earned benefits.
Sure about that?

I doubt it.

Dude you really want cards take my advice, get straight and get real. Sell what you believe are the strengths of your product but own up to its past failures. You do that and people may give you another shot? Otherwise were all old enough to know the hard sell and even with our glasses have learned to read the fine print.

700UW said:
Sure about that?

I doubt it.

Yes I am.
AA is not going to continue one defined benefit contribution to half of its mechanics only. They will insist it is frozen for a 401k in the JCBA.
Parker would love to let you guys fight like the USAPA pilots though.
As long as PMUS mechanics hold on to their DB pensions and don't have a JCBA, there will be no raises for either side for a long, long time.
Both sides will be split, getting different benefits.
I hope both sides are happy with the wages and benefits and work rules they have now, they will be stuck with them for years to come.

The most likely outcome is PMAA mechanics will get tired of this and will outvote the PMUS guys on a JCBA. Then the pension WILL be frozen (PMUS will keep the benefits earned so far) and all will be on the same 401k plan.

I speak for myself and not AMFA. I would love to hear the AMFA attorney's opinions on this though.
If these questions are answered at the meeting, I hope someone posts the responses.

You arent negotiating with AA.

All of the labor relations people the key executives are all US employees.

And funny they just ratified a new CBA for all three IAM groups and yet they all still have a DBP and not a 401k match.

And at CO the employees were given the chance for the 401k or the IAMNPF and the same goes for AS.
Dont let the facts get in your way.

No raises?

Dude can you not read the new IAM/US CBA or the AA/TWU CBA?

There are built in raises for the duration of the CBA and past the amendable date.

So is that one of your AMFA facts?

Cause its a lie and you have no idea of what you are talking about.

700UW said:
You arent negotiating with AA.

All of the labor relations people the key executives are all US employees.

And funny they just ratified a new CBA for all three IAM groups and yet they all still have a DBP and not a 401k match.

And at CO the employees were given the chance for the 401k or the IAMNPF and the same goes for AS.
Dont let the facts get in your way.

No raises?

Dude can you not read the new IAM/US CBA or the AA/TWU CBA?

There are built in raises for the duration of the CBA and past the amendable date.

So is that one of your AMFA facts?

Cause its a lie and you have no idea of what you are talking about.
 I don't speak for AMFA.

I know they have a new CBA but both groups will be on separate contracts that will not be extended until a JCBA is reached.
I hope they enjoy their last terms.

WNMECH said:
 I don't speak for AMFA.

I know they have a new CBA but both groups will be on separate contracts that will not be extended until a JCBA is reached.
You stated no raises for a long time did you not?

And I proved you wrong, all the CBA for the IAM at US have built in raises including past the amendable date, and the AA/TWU CBA has built in raises.

Are you going to admit you posted false information?

WNMECH said:
Yes I am.
AA is not going to continue one defined benefit contribution to half of its mechanics only. They will insist it is frozen for a 401k in the JCBA.
Parker would love to let you guys fight like the USAPA pilots though.
As long as PMUS mechanics hold on to their DB pensions and don't have a JCBA, there will be no raises for either side for a long, long time.
Both sides will be split, getting different benefits.
I hope both sides are happy with the wages and benefits and work rules they have now, they will be stuck with them for years to come.

The most likely outcome is PMAA mechanics will get tired of this and will outvote the PMUS guys on a JCBA. Then the pension WILL be frozen (PMUS will keep the benefits earned so far) and all will be on the same 401k plan.

I speak for myself and not AMFA. I would love to hear the AMFA attorney's opinions on this though.
If these questions are answered at the meeting, I hope someone posts the responses.
Could I borrow your crystal ball? I would like to get next week's Powerball numbers. Or do you just read tea leaves?

700UW said:
You stated no raises for a long time did you not?

And I proved you wrong, all the CBA for the IAM at US have built in raises including past the amendable date, and the AA/TWU CBA has built in raises.

Are you going to admit you posted false information?
I will admit that I am not familiar with the details of the new IAM CBA. Tell me more about it.
I would be interested to hear how the PMUS guys will be getting raises compared to how the PMAA guys will be getting raises into the future without a JCBA.

I would like to know how these two groups will be treated the same under a TWU/IAM alliance with no JCBA.

WeAAsles said:
Could I borrow your crystal ball? I would like to get next week's Powerball numbers. Or do you just read tea leaves?
Just a prediction, nothing more.

Oh and WN how did you feel when Southwest management told your negotiators that they want to be "An ultra low cost carrier"?

That had to create some shivers up the spine.

WeAAsles said:
Oh and WN how did you feel when Southwest management told your negotiators that they want to be "An ultra low cost carrier"?

That had to create some shivers up the spine.
It didn't bother me in the slightest. It shows that they are still focused on costs as they always have been.
That means profit sharing and job security for all of us here.
I have a great wage and standard of living that wont be negotiated away in this next contract despite those type of comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back