Where's the Birth Certificate?

Obama Up For Challenge?

At 2 p.m. in Room 307 of the legislative office building, the state's Ballot Law Commission is set to hear a complaint filed by Orly Taitz, a California lawyer who has continued to question the validity of Obama's birth certificate and Social Security number since his 2008 election.

Backing her complaint, Taitz said, are four Republican members of the New Hampshire House: Harry Accornero of Laconia, Larry Rappaport of Colebrook, and Lucien and Carol Vita of Middleton.

"There's sufficient controversy that I want it investigated," Rappaport, a Ron Paul supporter, said yesterday. "Every time this is brought up . . . we get a lot of flak, but we've never gotten an answer."

Article

Oh really? Then why don't you prove he's not a natural born citizen. Have a feeling I'll be waiting a long time on this one.

You seem so confident he is, why then don't you prove he is a natural born citizen.

What is a natural born citizen? Even if President Barack Obama is a U.S. citizen by birth, is he a U.S. natural born citizen?

According to an article which appeared in the Michigan Law Review in 2008, we know two things for sure about the meaning of "natural born citizen":

Anyone who is born in the United States, of parents who are U.S. citizens, is definitely, without doubt, a natural born citizen.

Anyone who acquires U.S. citizenship through naturalization, after his or her birth, is definitely not a natural born citizen [03].

But what about children born overseas to U.S.-citizen parents? And what about U.S.-born children of alien parents? Such children are U.S. citizens by modern-day law. But are they natural born citizens? So far, Federal law, the Constitution and the courts have not answered these questions.

You seem so confident he is, why then don't you prove he is a natural born citizen.

What is a natural born citizen? Even if President Barack Obama is a U.S. citizen by birth, is he a U.S. natural born citizen?

According to an article which appeared in the Michigan Law Review in 2008, we know two things for sure about the meaning of "natural born citizen":

Anyone who is born in the United States, of parents who are U.S. citizens, is definitely, without doubt, a natural born citizen.

Anyone who acquires U.S. citizenship through naturalization, after his or her birth, is definitely not a natural born citizen [03].

But what about children born overseas to U.S.-citizen parents? And what about U.S.-born children of alien parents? Such children are U.S. citizens by modern-day law. But are they natural born citizens? So far, Federal law, the Constitution and the courts have not answered these questions.
Quoting from Birther message boards without attribution?

It's hilarious how birthers go on and on about the constitution yet seem to be unawre that if you make an accusation it's up to you to prove it.

But for the sake of argument here we go. His mother was a US citizen, something birthers ignore. The fourteenth amendment which states All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside . Since he was born here that answers the question on whether he's naturalized or natural born. From the US vs Ark case

A child born in the United States, of parents of Chinese descent, who, at the time of his BIRTH, are subjects of the Emperor of China, but have a permanent domicil and residence in the United States, and are there carrying on business, and are not employed in any diplomatic or official capacity under the Emperor of China, becomes at the time of his BIRTH a citizen of the United States, by virtue of the first clause of the Fourteenth Amendment of the Constitution,

If a you become a US citizen at BIRTH by definition what does that make you?

It's hilarious how birthers go on and on about the constitution yet seem to be unawre that if you make an accusation it's up to you to prove it.

But for the sake of argument here we go. His mother was a US citizen, something birthers ignore. The fourteenth amendment which states All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside . Since he was born here that answers the question on whether he's naturalized or natural born. From the US vs Ark case

A child born in the United States, of parents of Chinese descent, who, at the time of his BIRTH, are subjects of the Emperor of China, but have a permanent domicil and residence in the United States, and are there carrying on business, and are not employed in any diplomatic or official capacity under the Emperor of China, becomes at the time of his BIRTH a citizen of the United States, by virtue of the first clause of the Fourteenth Amendment of the Constitution,

If a you become a US citizen at BIRTH by definition what does that make you?

A citizen....that does not address the issue of natural born and you know it.

Why for two hundred years have jurists been debating the issue?

The definition at the very minimum of a natural born citizen is one born on US soil to US citizen parents.

Therefore your earth shaking precedent tells me your Chinese guy could not run for President just like I said.

It is not as simple as you try to make it.

Funny that it has taken 517 posts to argue about something that has no merit. Obama was born in Hawaii and his mother was a US citizen.

Constitutional Topic: Citizenship

Title 8 of the U.S. Code Section 1401.

Anyone born inside the United States
Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year

Are we done here?

Funny that it has taken 517 posts to argue about something that has no merit. Obama was born in Hawaii and his mother was a US citizen.

Are we done here?

That is a source from the SCOTUS?

There never has been a true definition regarding the issue of natural born.

How about you pop an opinion specifically defining natural born.

Are we done here?

As far as I am aware there has been no case before the SCOTUS that has negated the US code.

US Code??

How about COTUS? US code now negates COTUS to your liking?

Is no decision to date regarding Article 2 and definite eligibility.

What does COTUS say in this regard?

As far as I am aware there has been no case before the SCOTUS that has negated the US code.

As far as I am aware there never has been a case defining natural born regarding Presidential eligibility.

Can you find one?

Keywords: Natural Born...........Presidential Eligibility.

What part of there being no case before the SCOTUS that would negate the US code were you unclear on? Had there been any relevant court case the code would have been changed to reflect the courts decision. There are tons of laws on the books that have no roots in the COTUS or SCOTUS rulings because they have never been contested before the court. The US code stands until there is a case that contradicts it. Your ignorance of US law and the COTUS is amazing.

Are we done here?

I think not............

The link you list is not the actual US Code and is rife with opinion, not legal fact.

TITLE 8 > CHAPTER 12 > SUBCHAPTER III > Part I > § 1401
Prev | Next
§ 1401. Nationals and citizens of United States at birth

The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:

Funny, no mention of natural born here.....

Funny, in several SCOTUS opinions the natural born issue is stated as " born of citizen parents "

Wonder WTF's with that?

Cornell Law

I must truly be bored if I am having this argument again.

The code that you posted is the same as the code I posted. What is it that you think the 'born' term referees to? The code in question is what is used to define who is natural born and who is not. These are the standards by which McCain was deemed suitable to hold office and the same standards were used to deem Obama suitable for office.

Until there is a case before the SCOTUS this is the code by which natural born is determined. Thew COTUS does not weigh in on what the term means. The code it's self is logical in it's interpretation and Obama is legally holding office according to the US code.

Back