Where's the Birth Certificate?

I must truly be bored if I am having this argument again.

The code that you posted is the same as the code I posted. What is it that you think the 'born' term referees to? The code in question is what is used to define who is natural born and who is not. These are the standards by which McCain was deemed suitable to hold office and the same standards were used to deem Obama suitable for office.

Until there is a case before the SCOTUS this is the code by which natural born is determined. Thew COTUS does not weigh in on what the term means. The code it's self is logical in it's interpretation and Obama is legally holding office according to the US code.

Where does it address natural born? I read them twice and only see " citizen " and " nationals" but nowhere does it say anything about natural born, only your site authors opinion.

Obama's citizenship has never been addressed......McCains was in a house resolution.

Where does it address natural born? I read them twice and only see " citizen " and " nationals" but nowhere does it say anything about natural born, only your site authors opinion.

Obama's citizenship has never been addressed......McCains was in a house resolution.

Gee. Can't pass one by you huh? It would be more accurate to say that McCains citizenship was the only one address as I do not recall any other presidential candidate who was born in the US to a US citizen to have their citizenship questioned.

The US code is the standard. Sorry if you do not like or agree with that. Until an entity with legal standing can present a case before the SCOTUS or Congress changes the code, this is what a natural born citizen is. I bet the fact that the COTUS has nothing to say n the issue has something to do with that.

Gee. Can't pass one by you huh? It would be more accurate to say that McCains citizenship was the only one address as I do not recall any other presidential candidate who was born in the US to a US citizen to have their citizenship questioned.

The US code is the standard. Sorry if you do not like or agree with that. Until an entity with legal standing can present a case before the SCOTUS or Congress changes the code, this is what a natural born citizen is. I bet the fact that the COTUS has nothing to say n the issue has something to do with that.

It may define what a citizen or national is but that does not define nor mention natural born.

So where does it say these are considered "natural born"...it ain't there Pal.

How about Chester A Arthur?

Im going to try and write as slow as I can so you can follow.

The US code is what is being used to to determine what natural born is. There is no court decision that says otherwise. Until such time that there is a court decision that says otherwise this is the was it is.

Im going to try and write as slow as I can so you can follow.

The US code is what is being used to to determine what natural born is. There is no court decision that says otherwise. Until such time that there is a court decision that says otherwise this is the was it is.

Please show me where the US Code specifically addresses the term ' natural born '.

The US Code defines 'citizen' and 'national'.........

That is a source from the SCOTUS?

There never has been a true definition regarding the issue of natural born.

How about you pop an opinion specifically defining natural born.

Are we done here?

Well if there's no definition then I guess you are not antural born. Please prove that you are.

Please show me where the US Code specifically addresses the term ' natural born '.

Well then I guess no one is a natural born citizen then if it's not actually mentioned. Guess no one can run for president.

I kind of hope Barack Obama isn't a US Citizen and wasn't born here.

It's hard for me to believe that a guy with his head as far up his arse as his is could actually be born here.

God dam. How many times does this need to be said? Natural born is not mentioned any where except the COTUS and it does not define the term. There has been no court case to define it so the US code is what is being used as the standard.

As 777 said, according to you since it has not been defined there are no natural born citizens. So is the US code adequate or are there no natural born citizens. You pick.

God dam. How many times does this need to be said? Natural born is not mentioned any where except the COTUS and it does not define the term. There has been no court case to define it so the US code is what is being used as the standard.

As 777 said, according to you since it has not been defined there are no natural born citizens. So is the US code adequate or are there no natural born citizens. You pick.

Do you approach this issue from the perspective of an originalist or what?

I never said there are/were no natural born citizens. Do some friggin' research into the issue and I think you will be quite surprised and maybe see the issue in a different light.

There have been quite a few cases over the years going several directions but there never has been a ruling as to what exactly is NB.

I'd say the US Code defines what a national and a citizen is but falls short of defining the natural born statement.

However, according to precedent in several SCOTUS decisions regarding what constitutes a natural born citizen, both my parents(IAW Previous SCOTUS rulings) were citizens by birth(IAW US Code) and I could run for President.

Do you approach this issue from the perspective of an originalist or what?

I never said there are/were no natural born citizens. Do some friggin' research into the issue and I think you will be quite surprised and maybe see the issue in a different light.

There have been quite a few cases over the years going several directions but there never has been a ruling as to what exactly is NB.

I'd say the US Code defines what a national and a citizen is but falls short of defining the natural born statement.

However, according to precedent in several SCOTUS decisions regarding what constitutes a natural born citizen, both my parents(IAW Previous SCOTUS rulings) were citizens by birth(IAW US Code) and I could run for President.

Actually that is exactly what you are saying. The COTUS says nothing about what a NBC is, just that to POTUS you need to be one. There has been no case before SCOTUS that defines what a NBC is which leads me to the thing I have been saying for the past several posts. The US code is what we are using as a standard to define a NBC. Had there been a court case which defined a NBC it would have addressed the issues surrounding McCain and Obama. Also, the case would have required that the US code be altered.

Actually that is exactly what you are saying. The COTUS says nothing about what a NBC is, just that to POTUS you need to be one. There has been no case before SCOTUS that defines what a NBC is which leads me to the thing I have been saying for the past several posts. The US code is what we are using as a standard to define a NBC. Had there been a court case which defined a NBC it would have addressed the issues surrounding McCain and Obama. Also, the case would have required that the US code be altered.

US Code doesn't define it....you will find some that say it does but if it did, it should be in the code.

No.....US Code defines what I already said. NBC (I hate that moniker) for argument sake only is applied when discussing Presidential eligibility.........which hasn't had to have SCOTUS render a decision. There are plenty previous opinions with references to having both parents as citizens regarding that. Only twice now in 200 years has this became an issue. Several attempts at defining the NBC have been attempted only to fall short because of other issues.
The NBC issue is something that should be defined.....many jurists agree.

So when the day comes that the SCOTUS is called upon will be the day we finally get a definitive response. This is the only way the issue will be resolved. And it appears it is only applicable to Presidential or Vice Presidential eligibility.
I'm telling you, some agree one parent, some agree both parents.....there is no current legal decision regarding the definition of NBC that I am aware of only some type of census which for the most part isn't cut in stone.

US Code doesn't define it....you will find some that say it does but if it did, it should be in the code.
The US code is being used as the standard until such time that the courts say other wise

No.....US Code defines what I already said. NBC (I hate that moniker) for argument sake only is applied when discussing Presidential eligibility.........which hasn't had to have SCOTUS render a decision. There are plenty previous opinions with references to having both parents as citizens regarding that. Only twice now in 200 years has this became an issue. Several attempts at defining the NBC have been attempted only to fall short because of other issues.
The NBC issue is something that should be defined.....many jurists agree.

So when the day comes that the SCOTUS is called upon will be the day we finally get a definitive response. This is the only way the issue will be resolved. And it appears it is only applicable to Presidential or Vice Presidential eligibility.
I'm telling you, some agree one parent, some agree both parents.....there is no current legal decision regarding the definition of NBC that I am aware of only some type of census which for the most part isn't cut in stone.
Is there an echo here? This is what I have been saying for the past several posts and you have been fighting it.

The US code is being used as the standard until such time that the courts say other wise

Is there an echo here? This is what I have been saying for the past several posts and you have been fighting it.

No, you specifically claimed US Code defined what is known as Natural Born and it does not.

The US code is what is being used to to determine what natural born is.

So tell me now.....

No, you specifically claimed US Code defined what is known as Natural Born and it does not.

So tell me now.....
It does not specifically define a what NBC is but it is being used as standard to define what a NBC is until the court says other wise. Since there has been no decision and the question regarding McCain and Obama was raised, the US code was used as the standard. So in that regard, yes the US code is what is currently being used to determine NBC status. So far, no one with legal standing has brought a case before the courts to challenge the current standard.

This whole issue arose because someone asked the question of what a NBC is and whether Obama is a NBC. Since there is no court decision to define a NBC, the US code is what we use to define a NBC. Whether or not you like it or not is irrelevant. There is no case law that pertains to a NBC. The US code is the only standard there is at the time. By this standard, Obama is legally a NBC and eligible to serve as POTUS.

Back