US Airways Pilots Labor Thread 4/21-4/28

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shouldn't matter what either of us think - the TA should be controlling unless it's just another agreement that's disregarded when it becomes inconvenient.

I notice that people defend the process used for those East pilots who accepted recall to a West job per the TA, but at the time the West pilots started being furloughed ahead of new hire pilots many of the same people also defended that though the TA said otherwise.

Jim
Jim,

I agree, and have always agreed no one on the west should have been furloughed prior to all new hires. That is why I will vote for med. insurance help if all are current, being furloughed sux's, no matter what side of the Mississippi your on.

With all the infighting over alpa or usapa, and the stalling from the fruit of it, if there are any pilots who would want to move things forward in this stalemate by soliciting another union then you may want to consider contacting

http://iam141.org/nonmembers/join.html

Just a suggestion to break the stallmate and the hate. In any case, wish you the best against this greedy management team.

With all the infighting over alpa or usapa, and the stalling from the fruit of it, if there are any pilots who would want to move things forward in this stalemate by soliciting another union then you may want to consider contacting

Just a suggestion to break the stallmate and the hate. In any case, wish you the best against this greedy management team.
Thanks, but no thanks.

The Bradford Letter

This letter has been proven to be wrong on so many levels. I have to admit that I had always believed with age comes wisdom. But apparently it does not. Bradford just killed his dream...

I look forward to reading the spin here and from the courtroom regarding this letter.

How many east pilots say USAPA wasn't created to circumvent the Nic? :rolleyes:

First thought come to mind is that there can be no election for at least another year, and that after 50% plus 1 of all eligible pilots mail in requests for an election, those requests are certified by the NMB and the election is scheduled. That makes it more like 18 months at the earliest possiblity.

Second, I think USAPA will be here long past another year. Absent a merger, probably for at least several years unless another national union makes a MEANINGFUL argument why they should be elected. ALPA will never be ELECTED on this property ever again.

Third, no union in existence will ameliorate the harsh feelings (euphemism) that the west and east pilots have for each other AS A GROUP. The IAM, given it's history of less than touch-feely-good-times philosophy, would hardly be the outfit to ameliorate those harsh feelings.

Or, to put it mildly. Thanks! BUT NO THANKS!

ac⋅cept⋅ed   /ækˈsɛptɪd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ak-sep-tid] Show IPA
–adjective generally approved; usually regarded as normal, right, etc.: an accepted pronunciation of a word; an accepted theory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hmmm. desperation does breed a certain air of "creativeness"...no?

We have heard from the "most cro-magnon types" out west that Doug "accepted" a pile of papers' handed to him.....(duh.)

Hint: (he gets piles of paper handed to him every day)

The west will run out of cash before the East hands their years of sacrifice over to them....

(doesn't matter how long it takes...)

Wake is not the "walking on water type..."....this is far from over if he or the jury happens to have a stroke of some kind...and find for the west in their 'cooked up" lawsuit.

better get ready for round two....(or not)

ac⋅cept⋅ed   /ækˈsɛptɪd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ak-sep-tid] Show IPA
–adjective generally approved; usually regarded as normal, right, etc.: an accepted pronunciation of a word; an accepted theory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have heard from the "most cro-magnon types" out west that Doug "accepted" a pile of papers' handed to him.....(duh.)

Hint: (he gets piles of paper handed to him every day)

The west will run out of cash before the East hands their years of sacrifice over to them....

(doesn't matter how long it takes...)

Wake is not the "walking on water type..."....this is far from over if he or the jury happens to have a stroke of some kind...and find for the west in their 'cooked up" lawsuit.

better get ready for round two....(or not)

HA HA HA! Your so funny Des! With nary a mate or crocodile dundee reference too! Hmmm. Are you sure we haven't seen you before? Maybe with another name or something? Your slur is rather familiar...

Anyhow, you are now banking on an appeal but you state the west "cooked up" our lawsuit. Bradford just killed your dream and the dreams of your "mates." I look forward with great anticipation to what will be the plan if the 9th denies your motion for appeal. Who's fault will it be then? I will give you this though. The USAPA founders and their followers are in a class of their own. However, I suspect history will not look favorably upon them... You DID read the letter from Bradford right?

So let'er rip Des! I'd like to hear more about how we have no case. Errr... Wait. Umm. We'll never get to trial! Err... Wait. Umm. You'll ..._________________!

HA HA HA! Your so funny Des! With nary a mate or crocodile dundee reference too! Hmmm. Are you sure we haven't seen you before? Maybe with another name or something? Your slur is rather familiar...

Anyhow, you are now banking on an appeal but you state the west "cooked up" our lawsuit. Bradford just killed your dream and the dreams of your "mates." I look forward with great anticipation to what will be the plan if the 9th denies your motion for appeal. Who's fault will it be then? I will give you this though. The USAPA founders and their followers are in a class of their own. However, I suspect history will not look favorably upon them... You DID read the letter from Bradford right?

So let'er rip Des! I'd like to hear more about how we have no case. Errr... Wait. Umm. We'll never get to trial! Err... Wait. Umm. You'll ..._________________!
No, no Des has it exactly correct.

That post is creative. Hench desperation. But that is OK because it does not effect him.

No, no Des has it exactly correct.

That post is creative. Hench desperation. But that is OK because it does not effect him.
Oh...there was a time it would have affected me...to be sure,. However, I have long been gone from what was USAir. That is not to say I don't follow things...I still have many friends there.
(none in PHX...shocker)

I'm happy to report that Sir Richard takes care of me and my "mates" nowadays. Thimgs are indeed 'tabby" down here. I have noted the increase of wayward bravado from the west in recent weeks....the one true sign of relief/desperation. It requires no explanation...it is what it is.

Those that think Mr. Wake is going to make it all "better" for them are in for a long and protracted legal undertaking....glad it's not me.

Cheers

Those that think Mr. Wake is going to make it all "better" for them are in for a long and protracted legal undertaking....glad it's not me.
We've already been protracted legal undertaking. I know your buddies are hoping for an appeal before there is a verdict. I'm not suprised of your optimisim considering the history of the 9th Circus. Judge Wake is no Judge Ito. President Bush picked a man with integrity. I'm sure his Ivy League education did not cloud his moral compass.

We've already been protracted legal undertaking. I know your buddies are hoping for an appeal before there is a verdict. I'm not suprised of your optimisim considering the history of the 9th Circus. Judge Wake is no Judge Ito. President Bush picked a man with integrity. I'm sure his Ivy League education did not cloud his moral compass.
Just an FYI for all you appeal junkies, in the fiscal year ending June 30, 2007 the Ninth Circuit Court reversed a whopping 5.3% of the appeals before them.

Some odds.

Just an FYI for all you appeal junkies, in the fiscal year ending June 30, 2007 the Ninth Circuit Court reversed a whopping 5.3% of the appeals before them.
Any idea of the percentage of appeals filed were heard?

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back