US Airways Makes Case for Merger With American

Calm down boys. Your limps are premature.

Funny how you guys get all excited about stuff only to have the rug pulled out from under you.
Hate to burst your bubble on that one, Move, but US has had the rug pulled out from under it numorous times when it comes to mergers :p

Only the totally clueless are not aware of your pilot issues. Oh that's right, I'm not a pilot and can't read your pilot discussions since you banned me :p

US better merge, or you'll never live it down, and you don't have to be a pilot to figure out that equation :p

Questions by an interested party! ME!

1. Somebody is the odd man out when it comes to integrating a seniority list. My "gut" tells me it's the USAPA that could be very easily left holding a rather smelly bag of manure at the end of all of this? Am I right or wrong and why?

2. Does it really matter if the pilots of US are unified if APA essentially holds all of the cards via majority rule?

3. Doesn't the Nic award have some sort of integration calculation that would allow a Seniority list of ANY length be integrated with another of any length?

1. If there is a merger with USAir pilots, the USAir pilots will be represented by their lawful bargaining agent.

2. USAPA has majority rule and ain't much changing. AA is in bankruptcy, and the West thinks AA should be damn glad that AA is being saved by Cactus pilots (it was after all the career expectation).

3. The Nic award was a proposed seniority integration as part of a TA that has never been implemented. If there is a future merger, a new TA will be negotiated. Everything is always negotiable (is being negotiated). That's life.

4. APA has 1,600 furloughs and another 400 being threatened by management. I'm sure the West would jump at the chance to side with APA to staple the East below all the AA furloughs, swapping guys with jobs for guys without... Integrity and all that Fodase stuff notwithstanding, ya know..:lol: Of course the East would agree to be stapled to AA, even below the furloughs, if AA agrees to staple Cactus below AAA (Fodase told me so :lol: ).

The deal breaker is the fact that the merger will be held up in Federal court for 10 years. USAPA...who is to stupid to help themselves, will of course attempt to merge a DOH list with APA. Then, of course, the West class will sue anyone and everyone dumb enough to lay a finger on the DOH list. We all know the following iterations of appeals and the endless years of waiting on a Judge. Investors aren't willing to play that pointless game. USAPA already cost the United deal, and it will ultimately tank AA to.

Which of course will just expedite US Air's long deserved demise.
Finally! The truth.

If you begin with the assumption that a merger with AA will happen:

1 - USAPA will be out and APA will almost certainly be the bargaining agent for all US/AA pilots for the same reason that USAPA replaced ALPA - APA will have the majority and almost certainly win a representative election.

2 - While APA would have the majority, just look no further than USAPA to see the limits on what the majority can accomplish - if having a majority is all that mattered the east and west would be integrated with a DOH integration before now. In a seniority integration APA has the same restraints of the law and it's duty of fair representation as USAPA has.

3 - If you mean could the Nic just have the AA pilots added, no - the ratios used for US/HP integration would be different for a US/AA integration. If you mean could the same general method be used to combine the US/AA pilots on one seniority list, yes it could. It would be up to what the sides negotiated or what an arbitrator ruled, which is current law.

Jim

1. If there is a merger with USAir pilots, the USAir pilots will be represented by their lawful bargaining agent.
That would be usapa. You leave out the fact that if they use any list but the Nic, they will be sued?
2. USAPA has majority rule and ain't much changing. AA is in bankruptcy, and the West thinks AA should be damn glad that AA is being saved by Cactus pilots (it was after all the career expectation).
This shows what an absolute buffoon you are. The APA will hold the majority, and just as usapa kicked alpa out, the apa will kick usapa to the curb.
3. The Nic award was a proposed seniority integration as part of a TA that has never been implemented. If there is a future merger, a new TA will be negotiated. Everything is always negotiable (is being negotiated). That's life.
Wrong once again, the Nicolau is accepted by usair in writing and part of the transition agreement inherited by usapa. Usapa proposes to replace the nicolau (an existing contract term that usapa inherited) with their own list. Like every contract term that usapa wishes to modify, they better not commit a dfr in doing so.
4. APA has 1,600 furloughs and another 400 being threatened by management. I'm sure the West would jump at the chance to side with APA to staple the East below all the AA furloughs, swapping guys with jobs for guys without... Integrity and all that Fodase stuff notwithstanding, ya know..:lol: Of course the East would agree to be stapled to AA, even below the furloughs, if AA agrees to staple Cactus below AAA (Fodase told me so :lol: ).
Listen scab clown, isn't usapa that has publicly said that DOH trumps everything else? Wasn't usapa that publicly said that in a future merger they would only negotiate for doh? weren't the third listers told by all the candidates for officer positions that the third listers would go behind the furloughed american pilots? Of course the third listers will have a dfr should you scab clowns ever do that.

1 - USAPA will be out and APA will almost certainly be the bargaining agent for all US/AA pilots for the same reason that USAPA replaced ALPA - APA will have the majority and almost certainly win a representative election.​
1310483412100.jpg

Back