TAESL closing January 31

700UW said:
I see the company wanting to close PIT Heavy and move it to CLT and TUL.
What do you know about the PIT airport authority or the City of Pittsburgh  charging the airline for it's facility ?

700UW said:
CLT isn't anywhere it's protected and has a line and heavy hangars.
So did AFW and MCI. We had contracts in place. Protection? Now that's funny. It's almost as funny as the no lay off clause we had in our twu contract several years back. Bases still closed and guys got laid off. Contracts are a one way deal. We have live by them and the company can violate them.

700UW said:
I see the company wanting to close PIT Heavy and move it to CLT and TUL.
With the closure of TASEL and only 100 positions at DWH that is
about 300 to 400 job losses. Since the association has a ratio of TWU/IAM
jobs to maintain, how do you replace them or take away from to maintain
the ratio when you have zero influence in the job losses or increases? 
 My guess is they will prove to us its all about the $$$ and pool the dues
collection and divy it up between the two at the agreed ratio amount. 

One thing for sure is that the net result of a JCBA will involve some base consolidation and possibly the line as well. If the LUS Aircraft MX model carriers over which it looks like it is, then we will see more engine and component work being outsourced and a shift away from LAA block B and C type checks. The LUS way seems to be all NBs are done in a phased LC on the line and HC in-house and outsourced.

1AA said:
Well since HDQ is in DFW, how about bringing work in from CLT. Make CLT a gas and go hub. Just saying.

You must be from TUL, screw everyone to protect me. CLT is the #2 Hub for AA, I don't see CLT shrinking too much if at all. 

bigjets said:
You must be from TUL, screw everyone to protect me. CLT is the #2 Hub for AA, I don't see CLT shrinking too much if at all.
Sorry to rub you the wrong way. Not my intent. With the TWU in the mix anything is possible. If you think about it. Does AA need that many bases to do heavy work? Parker had mentioned plenty of times about not being in the MRO and overhaul business. Look at the amount of outsourcing at USAIR and the current outsourcing we just did in Bankruptcy. We have Phoenix, Tulsa, DWH, Charlotte and Pittsburgh. If we are outsourcing how do we keep 5 bases operating? I'm just posting what I have seen, heard from the company and fellow workers. The association is kind of hush hush about everything.

Overspeed said:
One thing for sure is that the net result of a JCBA will involve some base consolidation and possibly the line as well. If the LUS Aircraft MX model carriers over which it looks like it is, then we will see more engine and component work being outsourced and a shift away from LAA block B and C type checks. The LUS way seems to be all NBs are done in a phased LC on the line and HC in-house and outsourced.
Sorry OS but I'm pretty sure that they are already figuring out that there's no way that they can do phase checks on the line with over 900 aircraft. Besides the fact they don't have enough stations with enough mechanics the sheer logistics of scheduling issues involved along with parts availability. They have scaled back the class 2 stations a long time ago and to spool up an operation to handle that many phase checks would be a fools errand and doomed to fail. But I would not put it past this team of management clowns.
Steve Goeyvaerts
SFO A/C Maintenance

Goey said:
Sorry OS but I'm pretty sure that they are already figuring out that there's no way that they can do phase checks on the line with over 900 aircraft. Besides the fact they don't have enough stations with enough mechanics the sheer logistics of scheduling issues involved along with parts availability. They have scaled back the class 2 stations a long time ago and to spool up an operation to handle that many phase checks would be a fools errand and doomed to fail. But I would not put it past this team of management clowns.
Steve Goeyvaerts
SFO A/C Maintenance

Great Point

The class 1s barely have the resources to accomplish the assigned work today, I imagine the class 2s are even less resourced, not to mention it seems the stores guys can't handle the work load as it is. I wouldn't trust this phase inspection setup to a former AA executive, they are proven not to be up to the task. 

1AA said:
Sorry to rub you the wrong way. Not my intent. With the TWU in the mix anything is possible. If you think about it. Does AA need that many bases to do heavy work? Parker had mentioned plenty of times about not being in the MRO and overhaul business. Look at the amount of outsourcing at USAIR and the current outsourcing we just did in Bankruptcy. We have Phoenix, Tulsa, DWH, Charlotte and Pittsburgh. If we are outsourcing how do we keep 5 bases operating? I'm just posting what I have seen, heard from the company and fellow workers. The association is kind of hush hush about everything.

not offended, just still bitter after decades of "if you don't like it, move to Tulsa" funny how they like to bring up the, we are all union brothers BS now.

bigjets said:
not offended, just still bitter after decades of "if you don't like it, move to Tulsa" funny how they like to bring up the, we are all union brothers BS now.
I agree on the ole saying about moving to Tulsa, but I look at it as we are all AMT'S. Unfortunately the twu created that animosity between line and overhaul for over 30 or 40 years.

1AA said:
Oh I am sure the IAM guys would just love agree to anything to save TUL jobs. 

That is the problem. Us and them, the TWU and the IAM. AA and USAIR. How can we really be one when in fact it's still two companies as far as labor and unionism.

The only attempts at being one have failed because of IGM. We only have ourselves to blame. We will get what we deserve.

divide and conquer 
1. the policy of maintaining control over one's subordinates or subjects by encouraging dissent between them.

Been working pretty good, huh?

Back