TAESL closing January 31

liltyke said:
Was his lips moving?
The conversation was about the mechanics here now would be able to retire here. You all know what that means, nothing.

Buck said:
The conversation was about the mechanics here now would be able to retire here. You all know what that means, nothing.
Yup, nothing. I'm at Taesl and I get to retire there, just a lot earlier than I wanted.

Do you really think they tell a lvl5 mgr anything of substance. He has no clue what the master plan is

It seems as though our managers are in the dark as much as we are, but then again i'm sure the master plan changes all the time, like RR pulling out of Taesl.

So some of our 737 C checks are outsourced?

What work is still done in house at TUL, and DWH?

I think it would be foolish for AA to do away with all OH, just for keeping the talent pool intact as much as possible.

But of course having your A&P is not a requirement to be in the talent pool?

It seems as though our managers are in the dark as much as we are, but then again i'm sure the master plan changes all the time, like RR pulling out of Taesl.

So some of our 737 C checks are outsourced?

What work is still done in house at TUL, and DWH?

I think it would be foolish for AA to do away with all OH, just for keeping the talent pool intact as much as possible.
DWH is a line hangar in function. For whatever reason the twu/company decided to label it as overhaul. We work acceptance checks, minor mod work and support DFWs OTS aircraft. No docks, no support shops, and 7 day coverage. We work out of the logbooks and taxi airplanes to and from the terminal daily. Of course we provide this at a discounted rate when compared to our coworkers on the other side of the airport. No line pay, no line qualification and no flexible CS`s. All in all though I have a good time working there and enjoy what I do.
This TAESL closing will certainly have an impact here. Those magical 100 "openings"? They did not exist the night before the announcement. Then "POOF" like magic there they are the next day. Guys, there is not enough work at DWH to support the extra heads. We all know it. So what happens? Well I`m betting about 24 months or less from now. We will be talking about a 100 AMT RIF at DWH. Good luck to all my friends at TAESL. If you are heading our way. There will be roughly 26 slots on dayshift with weekends off. Oh and be sure to buy a small roll around toolbox. We work all over the hangar, inside and out. Welcome aboard!

The company did indicate a possible Early Out, which might absorb some of those extra heads.

TULE is adding a 737 Heavy Line in Hangar 3, but it will be manned with a standard 5/8 crew with 4/10 's, to work the weekends.

Buck said:
The company did indicate a possible Early Out, which might absorb some of those extra heads.

TULE is adding a 737 Heavy Line in Hangar 3, but it will be manned with a standard 5/8 crew with 4/10 's, to work the weekends.
The early out will not be enough to get anyone to retire. Unless they were ready to walk out the door anyway.

dvlhog212 said:
The early out will not be enough to get anyone to retire. Unless they were ready to walk out the door anyway.
This multi billion dollar company is not even offering a medical bridge according to the DWH base conference.

texasreb said:
This multi billion dollar company is not even offering a medical bridge according to the DWH base conference.
AA has to be careful about setting too high a precedent.

dvlhog212 said:
Yes, only people I hear that are definitely taking the early out are folks that were heading out already, that and those who refuse to commute.

liltyke said:
Yes, only people I hear that are definitely taking the early out are folks that were heading out already, that and those who refuse to commute.
Any idea how many are taking it?

dvlhog212 said:
Any idea how many are taking it?
I'd guess 15-20, but once people find out where they may end up I would expect that number to riser quite a bit. Out of the guys that could have the opportunity to go to DWH I wouldn't expect any would take the early out.

Back